Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Winning game. Then rank resetting.

OP DaintyPup33668

Hello so I won my first ranked match and was promoted to level 2. And then as I was searching for another game I got demoted to level 1?
No idea man, I am baffled you even got a game to be honest. Been searching for hours and nothing.
Hello so I won my first ranked match and was promoted to level 2. And then as I was searching for another game I got demoted to leveI th
Hello so I won my first ranked match and was promoted to level 2. And then as I was searching for another game I got demoted to level 1?
Atleast you get into a game!
If you have ever played CoD or other online ranked games, oftentimes (especially early in server history) data just kinda gets 'lost' and although at first it recognizes your new rank, it loses this data.

Nothing more to do besides keep playing.
Yeah me too, reset from 2 only, only found 1 game and was 3v3
I was a 5 then got reset to 1 then got to 3 and got reset again...
I was level 11, came back online now im level 1?
WTF?
It won't matter because when this gets fixed, everyone's rank will be reset.
I don't think the current ranks are going to carry over once they fix everything, so I wouldn't worry too much about them. I realize that it stinks, but I think the idea is everyone iwll get a clean, fair start when the playing field has been leveled (by fixing bugs like mismatched teams, etc.)
I was a rank 13 and know im back to rank 1 wtf!
Yeah mine keeps reseting every time I quit the game..... was rank 6 not anymore :(
Don't worry about it man.
If you are good your rank will go up in no time and if you suck it will go down in no time.
Old H2 ranking system.
They are going to have to reset it again when they finally fix it anyway.

It's not an RPG, not Destiny, so rank is not the same investment, it's a two way street that moves quickly.
And is meaningless until the servers are fixed, as many games are on p2p backup (Halo 4 Matchmaking was p2p).
Quote:
HaloVerified account ‏@Halo

@UnFooLeD We're aware of this and will be resetting ranks once all matchmaking and ranking issues are ironed out.
Dont even worry.