Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Without 343... Halo wouldn't be here

OP Donn Keedic

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
To many people are hating on 343 about MCC and its bad launch, people have to remember that 3 quarters of Bungie moved to 343 to continue Halo. Think about it, without 343, Halo wouldn't be here. What else would you be playing right now if Halo wasn't being created anymore? Destiny? Counter Strike? NOOO.

Just let 343 do its job and just be happy that we can most of the playlists.... remember, this is the craziest thing that a company could so by making a game with 4 games in one disk on a Single console... No other company has ever done this so its a new Chapter for 343 and many fans...

Have Fun

GamerTag: DHG Bipola
i dont know why people keep complaining
who agrees?
-Yoink- off. The point is 343 cant do anything right! When you make people pay $60 for a game that doesnt work of course they are going to be angry idiot! Thats their hard earned money gone. You probably had your parents buy it for you lol. Also If we dont keep getting hard on 343 they wont fix this game.
is that the best you have... 343 is Halo's saviour
ARE YOU CREATING THIS FOR ATTENTION ..?
No im being serious
have to say the release of this game is hurting their image. All in all though if 343 wasn't made then halo rights would've been pushed to another company as Microsoft owns it. We could be in a better state who knows. I just know that this game is in a pitiful state for 2 months and 6 updates...

Edit: can't give credit to 343 where it's not earned.... :)
iguess
Quote:
people have to remember that 3 quarters of Bungie moved to 343 to continue Halo.
Try like 4 people. Where the did you get 3 quarters from lol?
I understand where you're coming from, but I have a hard time believing Microsoft would leave a franchise like Halo to die. I'm sure they would've found another studio to continue the franchise considering the potential the series has for bringing in millions of dollars. You're going to be hard pressed to find many people to "thank" 343i for anything at this point.
i am thankful for 343, but i just dont like how people are hating on 343
343 is good
To many people are hating on 343 about MCC and its bad launch, people have to remember that 3 quarters of Bungie moved to 343 to continue Halo. Think about it, without 343, Halo wouldn't be here. What else would you be playing right now if Halo wasn't being created anymore? Destiny? Counter Strike? NOOO.

Just let 343 do its job and just be happy that we can most of the playlists.... remember, this is the craziest thing that a company could so by making a game with 4 games in one disk on a Single console... No other company has ever done this so its a new Chapter for 343 and many fans...

Have Fun

GamerTag: DHG Bipola
First things first, 343i isn't some charitable organization that stepped forward to keep Halo alive because they love the game and it's fans. 343i is a studio that's been set up by Microsoft, so 343i is Microsoft, there is no difference.

Halo is a valuable IP that is owned by Microsoft, they wish to continue making games and continue making money off this IP.

When they launch a game and charge 69 dollars for it, the end user has ever right to expect a working product. They also have every right to complain when that product doesn't live up to basic expectations.

Halo the MCC is one of the worst launch disasters in the history of video gaming.

It's been over two months in and they've still failed to make significant progress on addressing the packages many issues.
It would be here, another company would've taken over...
I don't hate 343i. I'm actually a fan of Halo 4, I really like the game and continue to play it.

However when I do play it I have to play on my Xbox 360! Because I don't want some 25% chance of getting into the Halo 4 BTB that I want.

They screwed up this launch big time though and people have every right to take issue with them over this mess.
It would be here, another company would've taken over...
but it wouldnt be as good if another company did it
Maybe 1/10, if that, left bungie to continue making halo. The claim that 3/4 of bungie staff left for 343 is just plain stupid and you have nothing to back it up.
343 is mostly made up from people who left retro studios, the same people that ruined metroid and turned it into something it wasn't. Kind of like halo...
i am thankful for 343, but i just dont like how people are hating on 343
For the campaigns I have enjoyed their work regardless of my opinions that I want my COD to be COD and my Halo to be like old Halo. (I buy and enjoy both, but I don't want Halo to become COD.)

Now for MP this truly is a big mess. As for the fan reaction and forum posts I think some parts of MS & 343 are really asking for it when you read PR spin articles (on OXM, for example) that make it sound like the response to the mess is good.

I think much more (frequent) and better communicate that squares up with the actual MP experience would have changed the response from the community.

Ross's communication 34 days ago was really good, in my opinion. But I have a major issue with the fact that it was 34 days ago without more solid communication since then and the fact that it took that long to get the first "real" communication (I pre-ordered).

I was ok spending the first month on campaign and I did not say a word.

But about two months in something broke and I had enough and for the first time I sought out the forums to see what was going on and what others were saying.

I am willing to bet many others who previously never came to the forums did so after finally reaching a breaking point after one or two months.

And seriously, how many resets we have to tolerate from the updates? I was trying to avoid the mess by playing campaign and then I find mysterious resets back to the beginning multiple times!?!

So with bad QC on the initial release followed by bad QC/resets/more issues on the updates and then few and far between communication the fan reaction is not hard to understand.

It is not that we can not accept and understand a few issues but it is way more than a few issues, the length of time it has and is continuing and then the communication. This is a premium AAA title with high expectations. There was a long way to fall.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11