Skip to main content
I know that on PC that there are some issues with some of the games in MCC running at a high fps. Assuming that those issues can be fixed and with cross-play coming sometime with year, if really like to see a Series X patch for this game.

The PC versions of these games have high quality settings that aren't available in the Xbox version. Ramp those bad boys to the max. Give us 120fps, and of it can't happen at 4k for whatever reason give us the option to select a lower resolution.

Give us everything that the PC has. FoV control, view model adjustment, reticle centering. Give us all of it.

Those things should come to Xbone too, but if it's really, seriously, a performance issue I understand. That will not be the case for the Series X though.
I know that on PC that there are some issues with some of the games in MCC running at a high fps. Assuming that those issues can be fixed and with cross-play coming sometime with year, if really like to see a Series X patch for this game.

The PC versions of these games have high quality settings that aren't available in the Xbox version. Ramp those bad boys to the max. Give us 120fps, and of it can't happen at 4k for whatever reason give us the option to select a lower resolution.

Give us everything that the PC has. FoV control, view model adjustment, reticle centering. Give us all of it.

Those things should come to Xbone too, but if it's really, seriously, a performance issue I understand. That will not be the case for the Series X though.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they could push it up to 120. Not sure if they can or not, guess we’ll see.

With Series X being a huge powerhouse compared to One X then who knows what they can squeeze out of MCC.
Series X definitely has the hardware to push 120fps in these games at 4k. There's still a lot of issues in some of the titles, though, above 60fps. That would need to get fixed first.
If you want all those features why not just go to PC? I mean it sounds good to say however MCC already has performance issues at its current settings. Now I am not sure what the root cause of these issues are but I just don't see them being able to ramp up the speed without causing even bigger performance issues.
LethalQ wrote:
If you want all those features why not just go to PC? I mean it sounds good to say however MCC already has performance issues at its current settings. Now I am not sure what the root cause of these issues are but I just don't see them being able to ramp up the speed without causing even bigger performance issues.
The series X is not going to have performance problems with these old games
LethalQ wrote:
The series X is not going to have performance problems with these old games
The series X will probably have the power to do it but will 343 have the ability to make it happen. MCC has been out for years and it doesn't exactly run smooth at 60fps. I am not computer savvy per say so maybe simply having a more powerful console can fix the performance issues but there is probably more to it than just having a more powerful console.
LethalQ wrote:
I have no interest in PC gaming. I had a tower for awhile but I never used it, so I sold it. MCC has issues on Xbone because Xbone is a limited system. Even the Xbone X is limited by the horrendous CPU and was underpowered in 2013. I know that there are some issues on PC with stutter and weird frame pacing, but a mid-range PC like what one of my buddies has runs the games pretty flawlessly. Series X blows his PC out of the water
TheDonCJG wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they could push it up to 120. Not sure if they can or not, guess we’ll see.

With Series X being a huge powerhouse compared to One X then who knows what they can squeeze out of MCC.
I don't see why it can't be done given that according to some news sites they were saying 120 FPS for Infinite multiplayer.

I hope they can just fix the framerate issues a lot of people are having on current-gen first!
LethalQ wrote:
Tbh, both the newer consoles (Series X/S and PS5) are basically PCs at this point. Obviously they will be cheaper due to bulk orders, deals etc and they easier to optimise due to the fact the hardware is a fixed configuration.

That being said, many people will still play on consoles because:
  1. they just prefer it - whilst PC gaming has become a lot more accessible and I game mainly on PC now with some occasional console stuff for exclusives and certain console comforts like couch coop/gaming or certain games/game types (I personally can't play lego games on PC haha), for the reasons I just mentioned, some people just prefer playing on console.
  2. exclusives - this isn't really a case for Xbox since all their exclusives are coming on PC. I don't see it as a loss given that all their games, even though they are on Steam only officially support Windows (remember who owns windows?) for the OS and Microsoft get's their money either way really (which seems to be their whole strategy). However, for Playstation (which is going with the more traditional approach) basically banks on exclusives as the selling point. This is basically the only reason I own a PS.
Edit: Granted there are exclusives on PC as well and unlike consoles, there are no deals as such simply due to the fact the game might not be able to be realised on consoles and they are on PC basically by necessity.
I'm looking forward to the new Xbox series X. I want to know more about the backwards compatibility of this console when comes to original Xbox games. I am a serious collector for these old games and would love to play them all on the new console. I still collect old game disks and hope to have a complete collection some day.
LethalQ wrote:
I agree. You might as well play on pc. You cant get tvs that will allow you to play at true 120 fps. You would have to play on a monitor anyways.
knick93 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I agree. You might as well play on pc. You cant get tvs that will allow you to play at true 120 fps. You would have to play on a monitor anyways.
No, but you can get gaming monitors which can.

Yeah I hope Series X will have the highest quality settings.
knick93 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
You can absolutely buy TVs that run at 120fps.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a Series X/S patch down the road. They added HDR and 4k support for the Xbox One X back when they initially started fixing MCC, and the game is still going to be receiving updates after the Halo 4 PC season launches.
Uuv wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see a Series X/S patch down the road. They added HDR and 4k support for the Xbox One X back when they initially started fixing MCC, and the game is still going to be receiving updates after the Halo 4 PC season launches.
They’ve actually just announced the Series X/S optimisation on Twitter.
It’ll be available on November 17th.

I had doubts they’d do it but it’s super cool they’ve managed to pull it off.

4k & 120FPS for campaign and multiplayer, that’s awesome
TheDonCJG wrote:
Uuv wrote:

4k & 120FPS. That’s awesome
Dang. Awful timing for me to even reply to this thread then lol.

I guess I'll just leave this hear for a source.
Uuv wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Uuv wrote:

4k & 120FPS. That’s awesome
Dang. Awful timing for me to even reply to this thread then lol.
Hehehe, looks like the jinx worked!