Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So I have talked to quite a few people who play MCC regularly and there is a very consistent feeling towards the challenges that only give XP, and that's that they are worthless.

And I really feel the same. XP after level 100 stops giving "unlock points" which actually do something. XP rank is basically worthless in MCC and even if you care it takes a minute just to figure out someone else's level. It does not unlock anything and seemingly has no purpose.

So why do we have challenges that only give XP at all? I understand trying to make sure people don't fly through the unlock progression, but it's a complete waste of time just being XP.
For me personally it is worthless and I have no interest in them as I don't care about rank, but for a relatively new player I'm sure it is worthwhile getting a nice chunk of XP all at once for completing one of them and puts them a little closer to gaining a season point.
I think it’s mostly just to give people something to play/grind for. I guess kind of like achievements score. Some people want to get their rank up and actually care about the colour of their shield so for those people I’m sure they love it.
For me personally it is worthless and I have no interest in them as I don't care about rank, but for a relatively new player I'm sure it is worthwhile getting a nice chunk of XP all at once for completing one of them.
Well yeah, when you are new you get unlock tokens every level. So while they dont give tokens directly, they do lead to getting them. But that's only the first 100 levels. So for any player who has played even a bit it is pointless.
For me personally it is worthless and I have no interest in them as I don't care about rank, but for a relatively new player I'm sure it is worthwhile getting a nice chunk of XP all at once for completing one of them.
Well yeah, when you are new you get unlock tokens every level. So while they dont give tokens directly, they do lead to getting them. But that's only the first 100 levels. So for any player who has played even a bit it is pointless.
Yes I agree with you which is why I said I feel the same, however they are not entirely pointless, especially for those newer players etc.
I think it’s mostly just to give people something to play/grind for. I guess kind of like achievements score. Some people want to get their rank up and actually care about the colour of their shield so for those people I’m sure they love it.
That easily makes it the most pointless xp system in any Halo though. Even in H3 you eventually earned armor for it and it showed how much you win your games. In the Halos it led to earning in game content and when you unlocked everything the xp ended as it served no purpose.

The level cap needs to either be a lot lower or we can actually do something with XP. It just bothers me how useless it is.
It's not really anything new. In H5, RP and XP points aren't really worth anything once you made rank 152 and if you didn't play Warzone. At some point, XP isn't going to have the same value between people depending on where you're at in the game and what you care about, but that doesn't mean it's generally worthless. I'm done with all the current unlocks, but I still value XP because it gets me closer to a higher XP rank.
It's more just bragging rights I suppose. While I do agree leveling up should give a season point, especially since leveling up can take even longer than most of the "challenges" that grant one. But I still like getting the challenges complete as I would like to get to tour ten before infinite drops. Which maybe doable since Infinite is delayed. I am on tour 7 level 11 now.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It's not really anything new. In H5, RP and XP points aren't really worth anything once you made rank 152 and if you didn't play Warzone. At some point, XP isn't going to have the same value between people depending on where you're at in the game and what you care about, but that doesn't mean it's generally worthless. I'm done with all the current unlocks, but I still value XP because it gets me closer to a higher XP rank.
Yes but you dont go up in xp rank after 152, you hit the end. MCCs end makes Halo 5s look like child's play, theres a good chance less the 5 people in the world will ever hit it. I don't even see this being subjective, its literally worthless past the first 100.
LethalQ wrote:
It's more just bragging rights I suppose. While I do agree leveling up should give a season point, especially since leveling up can take even longer than most of the "challenges" that grant one. But I still like getting the challenges complete as I would like to get to tour ten before infinite drops. Which maybe doable since Infinite is delayed. I am on tour 7 level 11 now.
But how is it bragging rights when it's hard to tell what rank someone is in the first place?
That easily makes it the most pointless xp system in any Halo though. Even in H3 you eventually earned armor for it and it showed how much you win your games. In the Halos it led to earning in game content and when you unlocked everything the xp ended as it served no purpose.

The level cap needs to either be a lot lower or we can actually do something with XP. It just bothers me how useless it is.
In H3 yeah it showed your game won and lost and total XP and that but remember towards then end it had like a playlist XP that is kinda like what’s in this game? Like a social rank which is pretty much what this is. Highest skill in ranked is the only thing that really matters anyways.
Not worthless IMO, I play a lot and am trying to reach max rank, and the main reason I like them is they add a little motivation for me to play. Every Wednesday I'm excited that I can complete all those challenges again, knowing I get that little xp bonus that surely adds up. Plus I love that noise it makes upon completion.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Yes but you dont go up in xp rank after 152, you hit the end. MCCs end makes Halo 5s look like child's play, theres a good chance less the 5 people in the world will ever hit it. I don't even see this being subjective, its literally worthless past the first 100.
LethalQ wrote:
But how is it bragging rights when it's hard to tell what rank someone is in the first place?
It is pretty obvious that the better colors are higher ranks. Not sure what's so hard to understand, surely I've never questioned who was the highest rank in the current game I'm playing or on my roster, I mean it's evident.

P.s. you're straight up naive if you think only 5 people will make it. Someone already has 313 million.
I think they should just be worth more exp. I’ll do them by accident trying to complete other challenges but I rarely set out to do them just because you can get around the same exp by just playing 1 or 2 multiplayer matches.
Enroj wrote:
Not worthless IMO, I play a lot and am trying to reach max rank, and the main reason I like them is they add a little motivation for me to play. Every Wednesday I'm excited that I can complete all those challenges again, knowing I get that little xp bonus that surely adds up. Plus I love that noise it makes upon completion.
Unfortunately you are not gonna hit it if you do anything else other than MCC all day. It will literally take you years and years of absolutely perfect games in all XP categories to ever reach it.
So I have talked to quite a few people who play MCC regularly and there is a very consistent feeling towards the challenges that only give XP, and that's that they are worthless.

And I really feel the same. XP after level 100 stops giving "unlock points" which actually do something. XP rank is basically worthless in MCC and even if you care it takes a minute just to figure out someone else's level. It does not unlock anything and seemingly has no purpose.

So why do we have challenges that only give XP at all? I understand trying to make sure people don't fly through the unlock progression, but it's a complete waste of time just being XP.
It would be nice if you could earn points post level 100. The main consideration being that levelling up is already about 200k-300k now and the actual Levelling beyond that doesnt mean much unless you like having a pretty nameplate for a split second before entering a match (I for one dont care about my colourful shield and associated rank).

I’m sure they’re handy for people who havent gotten to 100 individual levels but a tonne of people have surpassed that threshold now. Its not really hard to do so anyway.

Its not such a major complaint for me personally I just dont really get the decision as a whole. I wouldnt mind if they slowed season point to one every 2 levels or something either. Just something would be better than “here’s what you get, deal with it”.
Enroj wrote:
Unfortunately you are not gonna hit it if you do anything else other than MCC all day. It will literally take you years and years of absolutely perfect games in all XP categories to ever reach it.
Also the literal highest ranked player in MCC is nowhere close to max rank whatsoever.
Enroj wrote:
Yea not with that attitude! Seriously though I don't understand your unrelenting pessimism, and why you need to shoot down others who want to go for it.

I guarantee that with double and triple xp events, and probably more as time goes on, max rank will be achievable. If you're gonna give up on something you don't need to discourage others.
Enroj wrote:
Now I agree with that.
Sure people may feel like these rewards are worthless due to it only being XP. However, I think it definitely helps to make progress if you are looking to rank up, and that in it's self gives one season points.
Having season points rewarded in between every challenge would leave the season points themselves worthless to an extend, right? I mean people would have unlocked every item behind each season within a day. There is well enough time between the actual seasons to unlock enough points before the next rolls up... even so well that you can start saving up your points too.
Enroj wrote:
In the video he says repeatedly "at current xp rates". This is the reason to go for these xp only challenges. Top rank is what it is because it leaves room for things like xp challenges or other changes to the xp system. Top rank is obtainable imo but i will be one of those players that does not move on to the next halo in the series.

Yeah, I think it's useless. Right now, I'm stacking points to Season 4. I believe I have 50 points (if I finish with all the challenges this week), but honestly, just grind those challenges and I'm out. Theres no reason to level up, since there's nothing quite interesting about it: just being a show-off, and no-one cares in a game who doesn't have support on competitive modes.

It would be great to add XP for campaign if you ask. I play more campaign than anything else, but that's just me. Anyways, it's the same as Overwatch... Your level doesn't even matter besides a portrait of different color.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2