Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I only do them to reduce grinding time to rank up on MCC I'm almost gold shield.
Enroj wrote:
Enroj wrote:
Not worthless IMO, I play a lot and am trying to reach max rank, and the main reason I like them is they add a little motivation for me to play. Every Wednesday I'm excited that I can complete all those challenges again, knowing I get that little xp bonus that surely adds up. Plus I love that noise it makes upon completion.
Unfortunately you are not gonna hit it if you do anything else other than MCC all day. It will literally take you years and years of absolutely perfect games in all XP categories to ever reach it.
Yea not with that attitude! Seriously though I don't understand your unrelenting pessimism, and why you need to shoot down others who want to go for it.

I guarantee that with double and triple xp events, and probably more as time goes on, max rank will be achievable. If you're gonna give up on something you don't need to discourage others.
I'm not quite sure you realize just how insane it is. The Halo game AFTER Infinite will probably be out by the time anyone hits it. Even with XP events. It is the highest XP cap I have ever seen in a game ever for how much you earn. Try all you want but there might not be enough population at that point to be able to play and get it. I'm not trying to be a pessimist but realistically its damn near impossible and I think they did that on purpose.
HC SOlO wrote:
Enroj wrote:
Not worthless IMO, I play a lot and am trying to reach max rank, and the main reason I like them is they add a little motivation for me to play. Every Wednesday I'm excited that I can complete all those challenges again, knowing I get that little xp bonus that surely adds up. Plus I love that noise it makes upon completion.
Unfortunately you are not gonna hit it if you do anything else other than MCC all day. It will literally take you years and years of absolutely perfect games in all XP categories to ever reach it.
In the video he says repeatedly "at current xp rates". This is the reason to go for these xp only challenges. Top rank is what it is because it leaves room for things like xp challenges or other changes to the xp system. Top rank is obtainable imo but i will be one of those players that does not move on to the next halo in the series.
Yes, but to go for some of those challenges you have to play games like H3 which pay out the least and certain game modes as well. Meaning you could potentially lose XP when compared to grinding infection.

My point is that the Challenges and possibly the XP system needs tweaking. I feel like if we got season points from leveling up that would help tremendously.
Enroj wrote:
Enroj wrote:
Yea not with that attitude! Seriously though I don't understand your unrelenting pessimism, and why you need to shoot down others who want to go for it.

I guarantee that with double and triple xp events, and probably more as time goes on, max rank will be achievable. If you're gonna give up on something you don't need to discourage others.
I'm not quite sure you realize just how insane it is. The Halo game AFTER Infinite will probably be out by the time anyone hits it. Even with XP events. It is the highest XP cap I have ever seen in a game ever for how much you earn. Try all you want but there might not be enough population at that point to be able to play and get it. I'm not trying to be a pessimist but realistically its damn near impossible and I think they did that on purpose.
HC SOlO wrote:
Enroj wrote:
In the video he says repeatedly "at current xp rates". This is the reason to go for these xp only challenges. Top rank is what it is because it leaves room for things like xp challenges or other changes to the xp system. Top rank is obtainable imo but i will be one of those players that does not move on to the next halo in the series.
Yes, but to go for some of those challenges you have to play games like H3 which pay out the least and certain game modes as well. Meaning you could potentially lose XP when compared to grinding infection.

My point is that the Challenges and possibly the XP system needs tweaking. I feel like if we got season points from leveling up that would help tremendously.
I guess that is what I am suggesting as well. With the cap so high, there is room to make changes and as we know change is inevitable. xp challenges are just the latest method to get more xp. Its up to the player to decide how much grinding they want to do.
HC SOlO wrote:
Enroj wrote:
Enroj wrote:

HC SOlO wrote:
Enroj wrote:

I guess that is what I am suggesting as well. With the cap so high, there is room to make changes and as we know change is inevitable. xp challenges are just the latest method to get more xp. Its up to the player to decide how much grinding they want to do.
They could start by adding more medals to Halo 3. Since XP earned is based on medals earned, it would make sense to start from there. They could just pull a few from Reach, like the Headshot medal, or the Assist medal, maybe the Wheelman Spree medals. Just adding those in would be a huge improvement.
HC SOlO wrote:
Enroj wrote:
Enroj wrote:

HC SOlO wrote:
Enroj wrote:

They could start by adding more medals to Halo 3. Since XP earned is based on medals earned, it would make sense to start from there. They could just pull a few from Reach, like the Headshot medal, or the Assist medal, maybe the Wheelman Spree medals. Just adding those in would be a huge improvement.
Agreed, but it's not just H3. The cap as a whole I think needs lowered.
It is a pretty big waste of time so I mainly ignore them
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2