Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] You have killed Halo outside of North America

OP Demoralisor

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
I love the fact you actually went out of your way to fix MCC and the game actually runs quite well now but what I can't understand is why you have region locked the game again??? MCC was region locked and over time you unlocked it due to the fact that is was NEGATIVELY impacting the game and overall population growth. Halo 5 same deal, the game was region locked and then you unlocked it as it was NEGATIVELY impacting the game and overall population. Even better than unlocking region lock you introduced a connection filter into H5. You've now taken 2 steps forward and 10 steps back with the new MCC. Given the current state of Halo the new MCC could have been massive in getting more people back into the game but if you can't find games then obviously that's not going to happen.

I'm from Australia which is one of the larger (yet still small) Halo communities outside of the US and Europe. There's so many smaller countries that neither of us would know about due to the fact that you only support US players and make the game legitimately UNPLAYABLE. There is no upside to region locking the game. Zero! The people who don't want the game region locked aren't going to complain about connection as there is no other option for us. We are used to playing on yellow or red bar and accept that’s just how it is (it’s been like that for the 9 years I’ve been playing Halo, never once complained). If your mission is to completely wipe out every single country apart from the US you're set for a very successful 2019. If you want to grow your game and make Halo a worldwide phenomenon that it once was the right step is to add in a search filter (LIKE YOU DID JUST RECENTLY IN H5)! It's not rocket science. You added it in the last game you made only a couple of years ago.

The Australian Halo community is falling apart and I wouldn't be surprised if there's no buzz about H6 as you obviously just don't want this community to play your game. Think about the tens, quite possibly hundreds of thousands of people outside the US that you are turning away from a game that could have revitalized Halo for a great Halo 6 launch presumably next year. It's not hard. Please, if you care for the growth/stability of your game franchise introduce a connection filter for MCC and ALL (get it, ALL) future installments of the series. Myself and countless others shouldn't have to go out of our way to go on here and state why you NEED a search filter. You learnt from your mistakes previously but for whatever reason you've made Halo unplayable for so many people again....
I'm from Brazil, and for me it's IMPOSSIBLE to find games... the population here is too low, so i can't play the mcc multiplayer again!!! they should learn from their mistakes, because if it did not work in halo 5, why would it work in halo mcc? it makes no sense --' (sorry about my bad english by the way)
Perhaps after it goes to game pass on the first more people will download the update.
I’m from Sydney Australia right now, I was looking forward to this update, now I’m extremely unsatisfied that I cant even play some Halo 2 classics online because I’ve been waiting to find a game for the past 30 minutes because of this choice, honestly I’m going back to playing Warframe & some games I play on my PS4 & Xbox until they fix this, extremely disappointed right now.

*Edit*
I managed to play 1 match of Combat Evolved, and that is all... oh wait a 2nd one

And nvm can’t find games anymore, thanks 343 -_-
Sad news, completely stupid decision to make region lock, what a joke. We been putting up with overseas servers all these years on halo 5 to now being region locked out of MCC so we can't even play the game. What a meme.
Honestly this is so true region locking the game has made us ANZ players pretty much die off, like I want to get back into competitve halo but it's hard when you get find games in either MCC or Halo 5. I completely agree with everything you've said man.
It's a joke, why can I see what I ping to different servers if I can't connect to any of them.
Sure th game may be amazing for North American players now but eventually people will get sick of playing the same circle of people.

Scrap the region lock.
Western Australia here, I've gone back to H5 and although connectivity to H5 is crap for us Aussies, it's the better of two evils atm... MCC I either can't find a game or the games horrible, hit detection is terrible and games are completely 1 sided. Just staying away to see if this improves, fingers crossed.
Extremely large patch size + broken aiming + a game still buggy after 4 years + region lock = fantastic idea that encourages a high player count!

Hey, at least they acknowledged in the latest community update that they are working on the region issue—oh wait! 343i seems to just love leaving us in the dark.
Halo Sud Europe is OFFICIAL DEATH
There are problem with Server and Locked server
THERE AREN'T ANY MATCH AVAILABLE!
RO,ITA,GERMANY,SVIZZERLAND,GREGIA,FRANCE,
BULGARIA,ROMANIA ALL Of this europe states DONT FIND ANY MATCH!
If any Aussies wanna play a game of any Halo any gamemode I'm up for it since it's so hard to find a game. I can't find a match in anything other than Social Slayer.
For the time being I think it'd be cool if we could host some custom games for Aussies so add me if you're interested. I’ll play literally anything. Custom games, forge, campaigns, I’m up for any and all.
If any Aussies wanna play a game of any Halo any gamemode I'm up for it since it's so hard to find a game. I can't find a match in anything other than Social Slayer.
Yeah mate flick me a friend invite, sounds good and the more Aussies the better. Also I just joined the 'MCC Australia and NZ' club, that might be a point in the right direction also.
ZacBum wrote:
Yeah mate flick me a friend invite, sounds good and the more Aussies the better. Also I just joined the 'MCC Australia and NZ' club, that might be a point in the right direction also.
Cheers I'll check it out.
Added you.
Maybe there will be more players on Saturday but the populion is too small anyway to region lock the game online.
MCC IS NOT FIXED YET =/
3 day befor the update and the mcc is broken!
343 Save the Europe franchise!
Same problem on south america, I have been reporting this since the insider build, and I know many players have too. Its a joke that 343 knowing since insider number 1 region locking was ruining the game to everyone outside the U.S did nothing to fix it and released the update anyways. Just shows how little they care about us.
Ah that explains why matchmaking hasnt been working for me. This is really disappointing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12