Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Zero Mention of CE in Update?

OP WQVA

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Is Halo Ce multiplayer even being worked on in this update? Why have we heard nothing about it yet?
You should read the latest MCC Development Update #5. There's quite a bit of detail as to what's being worked on
You should read the latest MCC Development Update #5. There's quite a bit of detail as to what's being worked on
There is mention of ce anniversary campaign, but nothing on the multiplayer front which is the most popular aspect of CE.
Has hit detection even been looked at?
Why 5 dev updates and nothing about CE MP.
If they haven't so much as mentioned CE MP in 5 blog posts, then there's no reason to believe it is going to be touched. Truth be told I don't believe any one at this studio knows what to fix and how to fix it when it comes to H1.

Colombians 3 shotting me after I've emptied a full clip into them will forever be my living nightmare in this game.
WQVA... I don’t think they will ever fix CE. Do you think the dedicated servers will help at all? I think that’s our only hope at this point. They only care about making visual enhancements to this game, creating more halo 3 playlists and not actually fixing what’s wrong with the game. Like putting lipstick on a pig.
I’m on the same page as you Jester. I don’t think the servers will help if there’s no fix to the gunplay.

It’s unfortunate because even though it might not seem like people still play CE due to the population in mcc there is still an active competitive scene that would love to be able to play more often. Beach Lan and the other slightly smaller lans that people travel for are proof of that.
WQVA wrote:
I’m on the same page as you Jester. I don’t think the servers will help if there’s no fix to the gunplay.

It’s unfortunate because even though it might not seem like people still play CE due to the population in mcc there is still an active competitive scene that would love to be able to play more often. Beach Lan and the other slightly smaller lans that people travel for are proof of that.
So much for them “communcating” with the community. There’s been countless posts and forums regarding CE and nothing is ever addressed. Ske7ch answered questions earlier and skipped over any CE questions lol. What a joke. You can at least tell us there’s no hope for CE and we get our closure. Rip CE boys
They did mention fixing things in Halo 3 like missing entities and broken Forge objects, so they might get around to fixing CE at some point.
I'd still like them to change the defaults for the Halo CE maps to reflect the versions from the Xbox rather than the overclustered PC versions that have far too many weapons and vehicles chucked all over the place.
I did a some Halo CE BTB Customs on Tuesday Nignt into Wednesday Morning. I noticed some improvements to the game overall, but it still needs some work done to it like all the other games do. Once Flight 3 kicks into full gear and is out of early access and I can get the rest of my friends who didn't get invited to the first two flights I will be doing Halo CE Customs on a regular basis. It is premature for me to give my feedback since I only tested Halo CE for 3 hours but rest assured were in good hands since Sean is heading the CE team with the fixes. In the coming weeks myself and my large group of friends will be giving, discussing, and sharing feedback or I myself will write all the feedback down and give it to the rightful person(s) for review.
From Development Blog #2.... Don't lose hope yet!!!
Quote:
SINCE HALO: CE IS BASED OFF THE PC CODE IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF HALO CUSTOM EDITION BEING ADDED TO MCC?
Greg Hermann: “We’re excited to have added Sean Cooper to our team from the Halo Custom Edition Community. What’s been great is that he’s really asserted ownership over Halo 1 and has had the time, capacity, and interest to really dig into it over the years. He’s already been incorporating numerous changes from Custom Edition into the Halo: CE build in MCC.
God forbid they actually do something that makes it worse. Also I have to say, hearing Xorg explain there are already dedicated servers completely ruined my hope H1 mcc will ever git gud. /Facepalm
I’d be satisfied with a list of things they have addressed as issues in CE and if they plan to attempt fixing them or have already fixed the issue. That level of transparency would help the people “testing” flights a lot.

This already mostly exists here:
http://www.halobugs.com/
What has 343 actually done though.
WQVA wrote:
There is mention of ce anniversary campaign, but nothing on the multiplayer front which is the most popular aspect of CE.
I'm not sure if the hit detection has been looked at. I haven't found anything stating whether or not it has
WQVA wrote:
I'm not sure if the hit detection has been looked at. I haven't found anything stating whether or not it has
I noticed some improvements overall to the general hit detection in regards to the pistol, shotgun, and sniper rifle. At times though I'm still scratching my head at times where I know that was a 3 shot or a hit to the head with the sniper. The plasma rifle is still in need of work compared to the original. Granted all of these issues were on version 1.445 and the Insider program has been updated to a newer version since then. I'll need more testing to give a more depth and honest feedback overall not just 3 hours.
WQVA wrote:
I noticed some improvements overall to the general hit detection in regards to the pistol, shotgun, and sniper rifle. At times though I'm still scratching my head at times where I know that was a 3 shot or a hit to the head with the sniper. The plasma rifle is still in need of work compared to the original. Granted all of these issues were on version 1.445 and the Insider program has been updated to a newer version since then. I'll need more testing to give a more depth and honest feedback overall not just 3 hours.
I don’t really think you can go into a custom game and decide it was better. It depends on who is hosting, and who you’re shooting. Too many variables. I’ve heard it’s worse from other people, I tried for myself and nothing is different. I don’t think they have changed a thing yet. Do you have a link where it says they have updated anything?
WQVA wrote:
I've noticed some hit detection improvements as well. Playing the Insider Program then going back to MCC itself, it's a noticeable difference. Its not 100% but it's better
WQVA wrote:
I've noticed some hit detection improvements as well. Playing the Insider Program then going back to MCC itself, it's a noticeable difference. Its not 100% but it's better
The insider program doesn’t have halo CE multiplayer so you’re really just comparing custom games based on who’s hosting. I’ve played customs both insider program and mcc itself, some games are good some are bad. It’s inconsistent, consistently :)
WQVA wrote:
The insider program doesn’t have halo CE multiplayer so you’re really just comparing custom games based on who’s hosting. I’ve played customs both insider program and mcc itself, some games are good some are bad. It’s inconsistent, consistently :)
Well, yeah. I guess everyone's experience is different
WQVA wrote:
I don’t really think you can go into a custom game and decide it was better. It depends on who is hosting, and who you’re shooting. Too many variables. I’ve heard it’s worse from other people, I tried for myself and nothing is different. I don’t think they have changed a thing yet. Do you have a link where it says they have updated anything?
Custom games is the perfect way to do testing since there is no dedicated servers in custom games. Granted I only did 3 hours so far in Custom games so I'll be happy to post more feedback as I get more play time. Going back to the current build of the MCC after the insider program, I can certainly tell a difference between the two, but more work needs to be done. Just because Halo CE hasn't been mentioned a lot doesn't mean it's not being worked on. Have Faith since Sean is the one heading the Halo CE fix's for the MCC.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2