Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Zero Mention of CE in Update?

OP WQVA

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
WQVA wrote:
You should read the latest MCC Development Update #5. There's quite a bit of detail as to what's being worked on
There is mention of ce anniversary campaign, but nothing on the multiplayer front which is the most popular aspect of CE.
Has hit detection even been looked at?
Why 5 dev updates and nothing about CE MP.
I'm not sure if the hit detection has been looked at. I haven't found anything stating whether or not it has
I noticed some improvements overall to the general hit detection in regards to the pistol, shotgun, and sniper rifle. At times though I'm still scratching my head at times where I know that was a 3 shot or a hit to the head with the sniper. The plasma rifle is still in need of work compared to the original. Granted all of these issues were on version 1.445 and the Insider program has been updated to a newer version since then. I'll need more testing to give a more depth and honest feedback overall not just 3 hours.
I don’t really think you can go into a custom game and decide it was better. It depends on who is hosting, and who you’re shooting. Too many variables. I’ve heard it’s worse from other people, I tried for myself and nothing is different. I don’t think they have changed a thing yet. Do you have a link where it says they have updated anything?
Custom games is the perfect way to do testing since there is no dedicated servers in custom games.
Not true at all. Hit detection varies incredibly based on who is connection host and the quality of the connection. There is currently no experience on any version of MCC where you can play customs on CE and have everyone’s hit detection register like it did in the original game... aside for LAN maybe?
WQVA wrote:
You should read the latest MCC Development Update #5. There's quite a bit of detail as to what's being worked on
There is mention of ce anniversary campaign, but nothing on the multiplayer front which is the most popular aspect of CE.
I'm not sure if the hit detection has been looked at. I haven't found anything stating whether or not it has
I noticed some improvements overall to the general hit detection in regards to the pistol, shotgun, and sniper rifle. At times though I'm still scratching my head at times where I know that was a 3 shot or a hit to the head with the sniper. The plasma rifle is still in need of work compared to the original. Granted all of these issues were on version 1.445 and the Insider program has been updated to a newer version since then. I'll need more testing to give a more depth and honest feedback overall not just 3 hours.
I don’t really think you can go into a custom game and decide it was better. It depends on who is hosting, and who you’re shooting. Too many variables. I’ve heard it’s worse from other people, I tried for myself and nothing is different. I don’t think they have changed a thing yet. Do you have a link where it says they have updated anything?
Custom games is the perfect way to do testing since there is no dedicated servers in custom games.
Not true at all. Hit detection varies incredibly based on who is connection host and the quality of the connection. There is currently no experience on any version of MCC where you can play customs on CE and have everyone’s hit detection register like it did in the original game... aside for LAN maybe?
I didn't say that it was 100 percent improved did I? I regularly host CE Custom games and I noticed there was an improvement in the Insider build compared to the non Insider Build. I went back and to the current build after playing on the flight and I noticed improvements not 100 percent but improved.
WQVA wrote:
Custom games is the perfect way to do testing since there is no dedicated servers in custom games. Granted I only did 3 hours so far in Custom games so I'll be happy to post more feedback as I get more play time. Going back to the current build of the MCC after the insider program, I can certainly tell a difference between the two, but more work needs to be done. Just because Halo CE hasn't been mentioned a lot doesn't mean it's not being worked on. Have Faith since Sean is the one heading the Halo CE fix's for the MCC.
Let’s get some customs going again. I missed last session. Just send me a message on Xbox whenever even if it’s just 2v2s (if you’re into that sort of thing)
WQVA wrote:
This is what I was getting at. Also if it’s been worked on behind the scenes they are supposed to have “open” communication with the community I thought.
WQVA wrote:
Custom games is the perfect way to do testing since there is no dedicated servers in custom games. Granted I only did 3 hours so far in Custom games so I'll be happy to post more feedback as I get more play time. Going back to the current build of the MCC after the insider program, I can certainly tell a difference between the two, but more work needs to be done. Just because Halo CE hasn't been mentioned a lot doesn't mean it's not being worked on. Have Faith since Sean is the one heading the Halo CE fix's for the MCC.
Let’s get some customs going again. I missed last session. Just send me a message on Xbox whenever even if it’s just 2v2s (if you’re into that sort of thing)
I am. I can do anything in Halo CE that involves 2's and up.
Have you tested out any of the old bugs or just played games?

Im down to play some insider custom games, but I’m usually on past 9 eastern.
WQVA wrote:

Since a majority of the people that joined last Tuesday 07/03 weren't from the large group I regularly do customs with I kept it kind of simple on what to look for. Examples would be the following

- The bug where if your in your Xbox Home menu or Dashboard while a map loads in Halo CE your character will load into the game and you can't move your character at all the entire match, even if your killed by a team mate or the enemy team is gone.

- When a game is done people with a One X no longer have to rejoin after a custom game.

- Overall hit detection improvements with all individual weapons in Halo CE compared to the current build.

- Stability of Game Chat while in a match.

Once Flight 3 is available to everyone that signed up up for the MCC Insider. I'll be able to do a lot more matches with people that know what to look for Halo CE wise in Customs and Match Making if its available there.

In the mean time look here to get familiar what to look for CE wise on what needs improvement and fixing.

http://www.halobugs.com/
WQVA wrote:

Since a majority of the people that joined last Tuesday 07/03 weren't from the large group I regularly do customs with I kept it kind of simple on what to look for. Examples would be the following

- The bug where if your in your Xbox Home menu or Dashboard while a map loads in Halo CE your character will load into the game and you can't move your character at all the entire match, even if your killed by a team mate or the enemy team is gone.

- When a game is done people with a One X no longer have to rejoin after a custom game.

- Overall hit detection improvements with all individual weapons in Halo CE compared to the current build.

- Stability of Game Chat while in a match.

Once Flight 3 is available to everyone that signed up up for the MCC Insider. I'll be able to do a lot more matches with people that know what to look for Halo CE wise in Customs and Match Making if its available there.

In the mean time look here to get familiar what to look for CE wise on what needs improvement and fixing.

http://www.halobugs.com/
Thanks for the update. I’m very familiar with Halobugs, but that’s a great resource for others who aren’t aware of the many issues that need fixing.

I already have the insider build. Have been a part of all three flights for some reason even though I haven’t played on my WQVA account in about a year.
WQVA wrote:
Is Halo Ce multiplayer even being worked on in this update? Why have we heard nothing about it yet?
There was a Q and A with Dersky a few weeks back. To summarize, he said that the dedicated servers should make all games feel smoother. They haven't touched the networking of h1. The networking in h1 is "scary". The are focusing on easy fixes at first. Like magnetism of rockets. Making the maps more like og halo than halo pc. That is about all I can remember.
WQVA wrote:
Is Halo Ce multiplayer even being worked on in this update? Why have we heard nothing about it yet?
There was a Q and A with Dersky a few weeks back. To summarize, he said that the dedicated servers should make all games feel smoother. They haven't touched the networking of h1. The networking in h1 is "scary". The are focusing on easy fixes at first. Like magnetism of rockets. Making the maps more like og halo than halo pc. That is about all I can remember.
Can you find a link to that for us?
can anyone from 343 respond? why no info about h1 in this "update"...
WQVA wrote:
Can you find a link to that for us?
Ok but what about when the game first came out? They were able to come out with patches that fixed weapon spawn times and hit detection. They changed the pistol multiple times. Even made it a god pistol at one point. So what’s the problem here? How “scary” can it possibly be
men1kmati wrote:
Let’s be honest...343 doesn’t really care about anything more than making MCC a halo 3 remake. All other games are on the back burner for improvements. Look at the flights, playlist update and improvements so far... Halo 3. Therefore they have nothing to respond with and continue to ignore
men1kmati wrote:
Let’s be honest...343 doesn’t really care about anything more than making MCC a halo 3 remake. All other games are on the back burner for improvements. Look at the flights, playlist update and improvements so far... Halo 3. Therefore they have nothing to respond with and continue to ignore
Not true at all. I've talked to someone at 343 about giving feedback on Halo CE once Flight 3 is available to all MCC insiders so I can really go through all the CE bugs and issues in MM and Customs. I'll post a detailed thread on here about this once I start getting into it with my large group. Hang tight until then.
men1kmati wrote:
Not true at all. I've talked to someone at 343 about giving feedback on Halo CE once Flight 3 is available to all MCC insiders so I can really go through all the CE bugs and issues in MM and Customs. I'll post a detailed thread on here about this once I start getting into it with my large group. Hang tight until then.
The bugs are already documented and have been for some time
men1kmati wrote:
I'm well aware of that but that's what the Insider program is for to test the games and see what bugs have been fixed so far. 343 does care for Halo CE very much.
men1kmati wrote:
I'm well aware of that but that's what the Insider program is for to test the games and see what bugs have been fixed so far. 343 does care for Halo CE very much.
No bugs have been fixed. It’s not a playlist in the insider program so there’s no testing to be done. It’s now mid July and this “update” is coming end of summer supposedly and nothing has been done. They don’t care about CE who’s feeding you this bs lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2