Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

[Locked] [343 response] “Connecting to transport service.”

OP Fr Ric

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Tried to play multiplayer on MCC for my Xbox one for the first time. When I select “social game” it shows a box that says, “Contacting Server. Connecting to transport service. Please wait.” Well, I’ve waited a really long time. 20 minutes. Then tried again, been another 30 minutes. What the heck is going on here? My internet is fine. Everything is plugged in. High speed. Frustrating.

Update from 343
Postums wrote:
Hey friends,
We have performed a rollback on a backend service change that updated some logic that impacted Windows 7 players. I've had several players confirm on Steam that the error is now resolved for them.
If any additional instances of this come up, please make sure to head over to aka.ms/HaloSupport and report the issue.
Thank you,
Postums
Yo i had the same problem all I did was reset my Xbox (keep all games and data) just reset Xbox and it -Yoinking!- worked lol so if it worked for me should for you too🤷🏽‍♂️
Yea I’m having the same problem. I really starting to want my money back
Same problem but on pc, tried restarting but the issue is still persisting. I kind of want to punch my monitor.
The online side of Reach on PC is a disaster, the connection issues are a joke, so many years waiting to play Halo on PC again and it's been nothing but stress
Tried stating a matchmaking game today and it said contacting server
connecting to transport service what does this mean.
If you are running into a Connecting Server message in MCC, try the following:
  • Open the Roster -> Click your profile -> Click 'Change Profile'
  • This should log you out. Log back in and you should no longer receive the message
Nothing has worked, ive done everything in this forum and NOTHING has allowed me to play the game THAT IVE PAID FOR WTF 343

cant contact support to get a live person, cant play my game, thanks a lot

if anyone knows how to fix the "contacting server - connecting to transport service. please wait" bug when trying to play social games on PC please reply, im out of options
I have the same problem and ive tried everything and nothing works, i hope someone can help :((((((((((
I'm getting this issue too but only since last night. I've had it but my friend does not. Since the 3 of us have had it at the same time perhaps its a server-side issue?

Edit: If its any help, today I've been invited to the ODST flight, and I'm getting the same result when trying to matchmake on there too
in my case it was at the same time
I've found another forum post seems to describe the same issue with an alleged fix. Apparently something to do with college/university campus networks? I am not on one of those however and I'm also not on Windows 10 (I'm on 7) so doesn't apply for me but may be helpful to someone else?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/stuck-on-contacting-server-reach-pc-steam/41202c76-75bb-411f-b533-c521b4fa4cb4/posts
yeah it's still not working as of today. has nothing to do with unversity campus or anything like that it's something on their end.
I started getting this issue today as well. I've been playing without many major issues since h2c PC release and now I can't even open the social or competitive playlists without getting the error. Some other people I've talked to that are getting the error are on Windows 7, like I am. So maybe this has something to do with being on Windows 7? Just spit-balling here.
Hey Everyone,

Just a heads up that we are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it now.

Cheers,
Postums
Also, if y'all don't follow the Halo Support Twitter account, please make sure you do! Here is the status post regarding this issue.
Hey friends,

We have performed a rollback on a backend service change that updated some logic that impacted Windows 7 players. I've had several players confirm on Steam that the error is now resolved for them.

If any additional instances of this come up, please make sure to head over to aka.ms/HaloSupport and report the issue.

Thank you,
Postums
Postums wrote:
Hey friends,

Thank you,
Postums
Working for me!

Thank you for the quick assistance!
Kezug wrote:
Postums wrote:
Hey friends,

Thank you,
Postums
Working for me!

Thank you for the quick assistance!
Working for me as well (flight and live)! Thanks for the support on this!
Working for me, thanks for the assistance
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2