Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Attempted to Sign in with incorrect information

OP Pulsel488

As the title says, I attempted to sign into my xbox account with incorrect information on accident. It now is soft-locking me, saying "There is a problem with your Microsoft account. To fix this, sign in to account.live.com from a browser." I signed in with correct information on a separate browser, nothing happened. I have no way of going "back", as it doesn't apparently give me the option. Help?
I'd try Microsoft's support center
did that forthwith. Just letting people know NOT to accidentally put in incorrect info, it will soft lock you. I am attempting to reinstall it, see if that passes the bug. Wish me luck.
Did you find a fix? I'm stuck as well.
Just got off w/ microsoft support. Try changing the password for your microsoft account. Apparently that's supposed to fix the issue. Will try in a moment to verify
Clear your browser cache/cookies for Xbox services, restart your PC, and try again. I don't know if this will work but it's what I'd try first.
Tried everything suggested, and nothing has helped it.
I have the same issue , if someone knows , please let me know
I appear to have found a fix for this. Go to your Appdata/LocalLow folder and delete the "MCC" folder entirely.
Hoghy1369 wrote:
I appear to have found a fix for this. Go to your Appdata/LocalLow folder and delete the "MCC" folder entirely.
Bro you da real mvp , this works!
Zyrdack wrote:
Hoghy1369 wrote:
Bro you da real mvp , this works!
I can't find that folder. Ugh im so frustrated. I just wanted to play and totally -Yoinked!- my game up. Damn it.
Hoghy1369 wrote:
I am having this problem and cant find the file
Just bought the game, tried to log in with my old acc but the information was wrong.
I made an xbox live account but there is no way to log in with that account.
I have no Appdata/LocalLow folder to delete cause there aint one.
So did i just buy a game that i can never play?
And why isnt there an option to log in with another account.