Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

[BUG] LASO Long Night of Solace White Screen

OP Permastunned993

LASO, Resuming Mission Start Long Night of Solace shows white screen, game then kicks to menu.
not everyone has issue with it so unsure how to recreate. Verifying game files did not work, restarting does not work
Same here
I had that issue, but every now and again it chooses to fix itself then when it decides to load, it takes me back to ONI: Sword Base and I can't find a way to go back to LNoS.
LASO, Resuming Mission Start Long Night of Solace shows white screen, game then kicks to menu.
not everyone has issue with it so unsure how to recreate. Verifying fame files did not work, restarting does not work
I've gotten the same issue with slightly different circumstances.

Platform: XB1
Playlist: Forgot the name but it's the one Winter Contingency, Long Night of Solace and The Package on normal difficulty

What happened was I completed Winter Contingency and then during the opening cutscene of Long Night of Solace I saved and quit. When I returned to the playlist it showed white screen and then kicked to menu. Don't know if it's a general problem with save and quit during cutscenes or just a problem with Long Night of Solace.
I know exactly how to recreate, please everybody make tickets on Halo support.

In order to have this issue occur, you must be doing a playlist with LNoS in it, upon reaching the mission LNoS you need to Save & Quit DURING the opening cutscene to the mission, once you do that, close your MCC and reopen it. You'll no longer be able to resume your playlist that contains LNoS because it will greet you with a white screen and boot you back to the main menu.

Credit: Me lol TurnipTugger
Having this same issue after I quit out of LNoS right when it started last night. Was tired and couldn't continue.. I don't know if I want to go through these missions again LASO to get back to LNoS too many hours wasted.
Split wrote:
Having this same issue after I quit out of LNoS right when it started last night. Was tired and couldn't continue.. I don't know if I want to go through these missions again LASO to get back to LNoS too many hours wasted.
They're going to hotfix this I had gotten an email from support. Don't restart, just do something else in the mean time.
Split wrote:
They're going to hotfix this I had gotten an email from support. Don't restart, just do something else in the mean time.
Any idea on when this hotfix is supposed to drop?
Split wrote:
Hope they fix it soon...
You tried to pause the game fast and press the restart button? I read somewhere wich that worked for some people.
You tried to pause the game fast and press the restart button? I read somewhere wich that worked for some people.
Yes I have tried this, the time frame to get it is so small it's not worth it.

By the time you pause it freezes and puts you back to the main menu.
Split wrote:
I restarted the playlist.
This is still not fixed as of May 14, 2020. Some hotfix. I even submitted a ticket and received NO response. Come on 343
Just had this happen to me, just amazing.
Still happening. Just submitted a ticket so we’ll see if they reply.
Same problem for me in 2021 is it worth it to wait until the hotfix comes ?
Yup still happening, least that hotfix is on its way, only been a few years
Yup still happening, least that hotfix is on its way, only been a few years
I had to restart the whole run and hope it didn't break all those years back, hopefully the hotfix works for you guys