Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Can't install Halo 2 content

OP VEMONED

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
@corbister and @GAMERGHOST51 You might be missing the license for the game, which is a 10 MB file.

In your Windows Store App, look at installed Apps. For Halo: The Master Chief Collection, click on "Manage." You should hopefully see the file for Halo 2: Anniversary, and the option to install it.
Are you using Steam? I'm using steam and can not download the singleplayer to H2. Multiplayer works. I install the singleplayer through MCC, and it starts downloading via Steam. Seems to be working, but when I try to start playing it doesn't recognize the downloaded material. Tried uninstalling, installing. What is this?
@Juxtapose13 I tried it, sometimes the update show up in ms store and sometimes not. After reinstalling the game literally several times everything is finally working now. The microsoft store sure is a glitchy mess.
corbister wrote:
@Juxtapose13 I tried it, sometimes the update show up in ms store and sometimes not. After reinstalling the game literally several times everything is finally working now. The microsoft store sure is a glitchy mess.
At least you got it working; good stuff!
How does Microsoft Store App recognize the game if you have it through Steam? I want to die slowly for each second I have to spend navigating this app, or the Xbox app. Completely hopeless and slow. Neither Xbox App or Microsoft Store knows that I have purchased MCC, even though my accounts are linked Steam->Xbox.

For Steam users, where can we find this 10mb license update that everyone is talking about?
BergIiot wrote:
How does Microsoft Store App recognize the game if you have it through Steam? I want to die slowly for each second I have to spend navigating this app, or the Xbox app. Completely hopeless and slow. Neither Xbox App or Microsoft Store knows that I have purchased MCC, even though my accounts are linked Steam->Xbox.

For Steam users, where can we find this 10mb license update that everyone is talking about?
They're completely unrelated to one another.

If you have the Steam version of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you should not be touching the Microsoft Store version at all. All of your updates will come through the Steam client.

I'd try verifying the integrity of your game files via the Steam Client. If that doesn't work, the only thing I can think for you to do would be to open up a ticket with Halo Support.
BergIiot wrote:

They're completely unrelated to one another.

If you have the Steam version of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you should not be touching the Microsoft Store version at all. All of your updates will come through the Steam client.

I'd try verifying the integrity of your game files via the Steam Client. If that doesn't work, the only thing I can think for you to do would be to open up a ticket with Halo Support.
Thanks for your reply, I was searching in the wrong end.

I have found my fix. For some reason there was a problem with my "D3DX11_43.DLL" file, located in the SYSTEM32 folder. I went to this site:
https://www.dll-files.com/d3dx11_43.dll.html

To download a working copy suitable for my PC. (64)
Replace existing file with a copy of the new one.

Now I must go and watch the Arbiter as he gets marked by Tartarus, in Anniversary graphics...
Are they going to fix the update for Halo MCC for Halo 2 because it won't let me install it or update it. I cannot play Halo 2 MCC on PC
LoH0Jo wrote:
Are they going to fix the update for Halo MCC for Halo 2 because it won't let me install it or update it. I cannot play Halo 2 MCC on PC
Are you playing the Steam or Windows Store version? Are you on Game Pass?
LoH0Jo wrote:
Steam
LoH0Jo wrote:
LoH0Jo wrote:
Steam
Have you tried Verifying the Integrity of your game files?
LoH0Jo wrote:
LoH0Jo wrote:
Steam
I have and it still wont let me install it
LoH0Jo wrote:
LoH0Jo wrote:
LoH0Jo wrote:
Steam
I have and it still wont let me install it
Shame. The best I can suggest then would be to open a ticket: perhaps both with Steam and with Halo Support.
English: I managed to open the game after trying everything as mentioned in this post, I don't know if it will help.
Try to open the game in Easy Anticheat disable mode.
This appears every time you are going to run the game on steam.
This worked for me but I don't know if it works for you, I hope it does :).
I want to clarify that this was translated with google transalte.

Español:Logre abrir el juego despues de intentar de todo como se menciona en este post, no se si les sea de ayuda.
Intenten abrir el juego en el modo Easy Anticheat disable.
Este aparece cada vez que vas a ejecutar el juego por steam.
Esto me funciono a mi pero no se si a ustedes les sirva espero que si :).
Quiero aclarar que esto fue traducido con google transalte.
months later, looks like this same problem is still around. I've installed halo 2 campaign via steam, (reinstall as well) when the dl finally happens, its quick, but then gets stuck on "finalizing" for 10 minutes then says its done, yet in game, mcc still says it isn't installed. does anybody know of a forum with actual dev presence? this is kind of embarrassing, just a bunch of googlers trying to help each other out. any of you gotten responses from your tickets?
ADerzieHD wrote:
months later, looks like this same problem is still around. I've installed halo 2 campaign via steam, (reinstall as well) when the dl finally happens, its quick, but then gets stuck on "finalizing" for 10 minutes then says its done, yet in game, mcc still says it isn't installed. does anybody know of a forum with actual dev presence? this is kind of embarrassing, just a bunch of googlers trying to help each other out. any of you gotten responses from your tickets?
You have it installed on Steam but it does not appear in the Installed games list?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2