Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Cannot start matchmaking because of idling players

OP noob2kill

When I'm matchmaking with my brother this message almost always appears, he will join my game and then I'll pick a playlist but this message will pop up "Cannot start matchmaking because of idling players". I will restart the game and sometimes it will let me play one game and then stop working again.

Does anyone else have this issue or know a fix, it's so frustrating. Neither of us are idling and I'm on European servers.
I wonder if the game thinks you are idling if you have an app launched in the background while playing MCC. Or if idling is considered when you open the guide menu. Does this happen if you join your brother rather than your brother joining you?
noob2kill wrote:
When I'm matchmaking with my brother this message almost always appears, he will join my game and then I'll pick a playlist but this message will pop up "Cannot start matchmaking because of idling players". I will restart the game and sometimes it will let me play one game and then stop working again.

Does anyone else have this issue or know a fix, it's so frustrating. Neither of us are idling and I'm on European servers.
The game sometimes thinks you're idling even when you're not. Just get everyone in the party to move their joysticks and it'll fix it.
BKJ7 wrote:
noob2kill wrote:

The game sometimes thinks you're idling even when you're not. Just get everyone in the party to move their joysticks and it'll fix it.
This is ridiculous beyond belief. I've been a Halo fan for almost 2 decades and I have to ask my buddies to move their sticks now? Please consider removing this pointless "feature" 343.
BKJ7 wrote:
noob2kill wrote:

This is ridiculous beyond belief. I've been a Halo fan for almost 2 decades and I have to ask my buddies to move their sticks now? Please consider removing this pointless "feature" 343.
Yea, tell me about it. Sucks to be party leader. It almost happens every time i try to search too. It's ridiculous for sure. Time to add back the "press X to continue searching" after the game instead of automatic search and idle bs. Much more simple and should already be in the game code...
I've noticed a little "zzz" icon pop up to the left of your rank. When this pops up, the game thinks you're idling, and there's an invisible timer of apparently less then 5 seconds you need to move your joystick. I literally don't have time to react to the thing popping up before I get kicked from matchmaking.

This happens even if you're in Social browsing for 8v8's. The worst part? Even if you're not idling when you start matchmaking, you become idle DURING the matchmaking process and the game literally forces you to sit while it searches for the required players.

I feel like this was a half baked idea to crack down on idle players in matches, and isn't really helping anything. Kind of like the FTC, COPPA and YouTube right now, if I can be perfectly honest.
The idle "feature" is the most stupid -Yoinking!- thing I have EVER seen. They need to piss the -Yoink- off.