Skip to main content
Hi there

I noticed there are some coundbugs in the yesterday released CE version.
The music sometimes kind of... jumps?
some ingame sounds definitly fail by repeating the starting sound over and over again, essepcially noticable is the shield down sound.
Until you actually start rechaching it makes the same queue (at the begining of these 5ish seconds there is a sound that says "your shield are now down" and should repeat anothere sound "your shild is down" until it starts recharching, but in my case it always just starts over again with the "your shields are NOW down" sound) very irretating to play.
any ideas how to fix it?
Yes, it is irritating.

"Ready when it's ready."
The most amusing thing is the plasma pistol audio but because the Xbox MCC release had the exact same issue in 2015 (there are threads here about it) and didn't get fixed for years! They must know the cause by now and how to fix it from past experience.
Thanks for posting this; I noticed it too. This issue appears to affect looping audio, and is most noticeable to me with the music and shield warning sounds cutting slightly off-beat instead of seamlessly when hitting their loop point.
xAeolius wrote:
Thanks for posting this; I noticed it too. This issue appears to affect looping audio, and is most noticeable to me with the music and shield warning sounds cutting slightly off-beat instead of seamlessly when hitting their loop point.
To help provide context, I went through and recorded an example of both of these. These videos are unedited except for adding a marker to indicate when the broken loop occurs, and a crossfade.

https://vimeo.com/395819180 - This is an example of the music not looping at the correct point. Notice when the "*now" marker appears on screen is when the problem occurs. From quick listening, it sounds like both the end of the loop and the beginning of the loop are missing a very small fraction of the beat, adding together to create a very noticeable skip.
https://vimeo.com/395820813 - This is the 'shield empty' warning. This one is slightly harder to notice because how quickly the beeping happens, but by my count, it sounds like with every 12 beeps, the loop is cut too soon. Again, did my best to indicate when it occurs with a "*now" marker.
Yeah, audio in the game is dynamic -- it loops until you reach the next 'trigger point' where it changes. The loops are stitched together mis-aligned. With headphones on it's particularly jarring when favourite tracks keep skipping audibly.

Seems 343 always has an issue with audio. ALWAYS audio. Does this all stem from their fateful decision many years ago to build MCC audio with a different DSP plugin to what the original games used? Why didn't they get in touch with Waves Audio all those years back to get the correct plugin?
They should give Halo back to Bungie and have them work on that instead of Destiny. 343 can't even handle porting existing Halo games and half--Yoinked!- the MCC by not improving certain modes like CE's MP, keeping known issues from years ago like this, and giving the finger to keyboard and mouse players by giving controllers heavy aim assist even in ranked matches (and, to make things worse, the DMR was the default weapon in seemingly most games at launch). Also, Spartans in menus look horrendous.
And now, while in the library mission in the CE campaign, I can't pick up different weapons, and the buttons for switch weapons and switch grenades are both unreliable, often registering as two inputs and returning to the same weapon or grenade and possibly just not registering at all in some instances.

How is it that all of these new bugs were added that weren't originally there?

Update: I've closed and reopened the game and am STILL having the above issues.
And now, while in the library mission in the CE campaign, I can't pick up different weapons, and the buttons for switch weapons and switch grenades are both unreliable, often registering as two inputs and returning to the same weapon or grenade and possibly just not registering at all in some instances.

How is it that all of these new bugs were added that weren't originally there?

Update: I've closed and reopened the game and am STILL having the above issues.
are you playing with a controller or mouse and keyboard?
I would submit these audio issues as a bug, because they are indeed such.
I didn't see the replies until now. Mouse and keyboard. It's since been fixed, though.