Whenever I try to download the core game. I get that error message, And I don't know what to do about it. Can anyone help me?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Whenever I try to download the core game. I get that error message, And I don't know what to do about it. Can anyone help me?
Where are you downloading it from? If you get the code trying to download the game then it sounds like the storefront and not the actual game.
It's the -Yoink- MS Store. I still have problems installing big 80 GB games from Game Pass because of error 0x80070070 ("This app or game requires more room than your drive has available.") as it tries to install the games on my 120 GB system SSD instead of my 500 GB storage SSD that I literally selected as the install location right before the installation.

The only advice I can give you with your error is either

a) try installing the game via the Xbox app (still horrible but not AS horrible as the MS Store) and if that doesn't work or you are doing that already

b) try to fix it yourself

- https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-windows-10-store-error-0x80073cf9/

- Google: windows error 0x80073CF9

c) Buy the game on Steam when all else fails (you can always refund with 2 hours or less playtime if you don't like the game)
RARE FOUND SOLUTION !

first i do not want to take credit for this !

the hint was given by Alex from the '90s , as solution for a download problem of "Asphalt 9"...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asphalt-9-legends-installing-error/0de8a8bf-d3cc-42d0-940c-2185e492e31e

Thanks a lot for that Alex ! What an amazing find !!!

... ERROR 0x80073CF9 .... nagged me since over a year now....

all Store repair procedures failed ! Ending with reinstall all suggestion....

Now here the conclusion !

For all system modders... take care about that registry Value !
__________________________________________________________________________________________

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\NtfsDisableEncryption

its value has to be set to ZERO !!!
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Apparently the Microsoft Store wants to make use of partial file encryption. Possibly for license protection reasons, is my guess here....

If you have that value set to 1 accidently (maybe with a modding tool), that procedure simply fails....

My critics go to Microsoft here.... 0x80073CF9 is maybe not the best code to indicate that !!

Thats all folks :-) Have a great day everyone !

CyTraveler