Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Code: 0x803FB107 when trying to update on MS Store

OP Zavakron

everytime i try to update or install reach or mcc i get this error code... anyone know a fix?
Same here
Hey there.

The support link didn`t help. It`s so depressing - I bought the MCC and Reach again (which sucks, because it should be part of PlayAnywhere!) for my Windows 10 and everytime I try to install it, I get the "Code: 0x803FB107" error. No matter which trick or hint I tried in this post. I have updated Windows to the latest 1909 version with all bells and whistles. Stock Windows firewall and antivirus. No fancy extra tools. Guess I call this a loss. I definitly won`t install Windows 10 again just because of this...
I still can't download the game, 2 days later.
im not even lucky enough to get an error code. mcc just loads up the Microsoft store page for reach every time I lauch it even though ive alredy installed reach and I cant play.
Same here, unable to install MCC on my machine, using the copy i get from Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
I get different errors, 0x803FB107 (Halo MCC main title from the store) or 0x800700AA (Halo MCC sub title from the store), or 0x80073D12 (Halo Reach sub title).
I have no idea how to get it to install... :(

EDIT : well after i uninstalled everything halo related, i just rebooted my machine, and now i can install halo mcc. I opened the store and clicked on the ad on the main page, it installed a few packages at around 10mb each then offered to update it with a 21gb download. Obviously not the same issue as others but for me it is resolved...
Me too. I have it in Game Pass Ultimate. Was super excited to play it on PC. Can't attempt to install it without getting a 0x803FB107 error. Upon research it appears the last big thing that code popped up for was Forza Horizon 3 for Game Pass users. I've cleared my MS Store cache, run PowerShell commands, and upgraded Windows to 1909. Nothing. Not a dang thing. At the very least I wish the Game Pass Ultimate grated access to the exact same games on Steam so we didn't have to put up with Microsoft's broken store application literally days after the game has been released. Ridiculous. Complete bologna.

I will update once I can install this in the next decade. /s

Edit 12/9/19: Reinstalled Windows. Nothing. Still doesn't work. Same error code too.

Edit 12/9/19 (2 hours since last edit): Download the Game Pass for PC (Beta) app from this link and search for the MCC. It Worked for me!!!
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-games?OCID=xgphomemulti
Pretty frustrating
Pretty frustrating
I THINK I HAVE FOUND A FIX. GO INTO YOUR PROGRAM FILES -> WINDOWSAPPS AND DELETE THE MSIXVC. AFTER THAT, TRY INSTALLING MCC AGAIN. IF IT CRASHES TO DESKTOP, MAKE SURE YOU GO TO THE HALO REACH PAGE AND INSTALL THAT AS WELL. I'M DOWNLOADING THE GAME AS WE SPEAK AFTER 4 HOURS OF NOT LETTING ME DOWNLOAD. THE MICROSOFT STORE IS GOD AWFUL. I'm gonna type normally now, but if this doesn't work, ill be back...

FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL IF IT TELLS YOU THAT YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO OPEN WINDOWSAPPS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgKVeE_Z6Qw
Pretty frustrating
I THINK I HAVE FOUND A FIX. GO INTO YOUR PROGRAM FILES -> WINDOWSAPPS AND DELETE THE MSIXVC. AFTER THAT, TRY INSTALLING MCC AGAIN. I'M DOWNLOADING THE GAME AS WE SPEAK AFTER 4 HOURS OF NOT LETTING ME DOWNLOAD. THE MICROSOFT STORE IS GOD AWFUL. I'm gonna type normally now, but if this doesn't work, ill be back...

FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL IF IT TELLS YOU THAT YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSION.
This worked for me, downloading now THANKS!
XUSFX wrote:
Pretty frustrating
I THINK I HAVE FOUND A FIX. GO INTO YOUR PROGRAM FILES -> WINDOWSAPPS AND DELETE THE MSIXVC. AFTER THAT, TRY INSTALLING MCC AGAIN. I'M DOWNLOADING THE GAME AS WE SPEAK AFTER 4 HOURS OF NOT LETTING ME DOWNLOAD. THE MICROSOFT STORE IS GOD AWFUL. I'm gonna type normally now, but if this doesn't work, ill be back...

FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL IF IT TELLS YOU THAT YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSION.
This worked for me, downloading now THANKS!
Happy to help man, check my post again if you run into any issues.
Muchas gracias, esto ha sido lo único que me funcionó. Esta tienda está presentado muchos fallos, es horrible.
I found a potential fix, note I'll include additional steps I did before what finally worked.
  1. Uninstall the MCC game itself.
  2. Next, go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content
  3. Ensure that the PC you want is there; I unlinked a device (PC) that was essentially just the one with my older hardware (I switched Intel to Ryzen) - irrelevant but will you will ironically need to be here-
  4. I kid you not, within the web browser now go to the search bar within the Microsoft website and type 'Halo', eventually taking you to, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/halo-the-master-chief-collection/9ntm9hxnlszx?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
  5. From here, select install - it'll prompt to launch the actual MS Store. Hit Open/yes.
  6. Profit.
As promised a list of things I did beforehand- in no particular order;

• Leave Task Manager open 24/7 & monitor what would launch when I'd open MCC. I noted there would ALWAYS be 2 key things; "mcc-shopping"-something like that & "Easy anti-cheat".
  • Respectively, I'd go to details, then services and select automatic start.
  • Right clicked Easy-Anti cheat within Task manager and headed into properties to find where it was located (C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyAntiCheat). Launched it as Admin, selected Halo MCC, repair/install. No progress. Finally just clicked the lower left portion & hit uninstall.
  • From this point on attempting to launch the game would immediately display in bold red words Easy Anti Cheat was not installed (clearly...)
  • I'd repeatedly go to the MS Store and click the 3-dot option to select the device to install, it'd quickly show the progress bar as IF it did install/download the game but obviously didn't.
  • NOW onto more aggressive steps- Fed up, I went into Apps & Features, chose Halo MCC, followed by terminate- repair- uninstall. Returned to the MS Store & verified it wasn't "queued" up either. At one point the actual Xbox (beta) app displayed itself in grey, and showed a white bar beneath it whenever I hit the Windows key and scrolled to it. From here, I rebooted & went to step 2 out of curiosity. I figured, let me log out and back in to the actual Microsoft website; because If I'm inside the Windows Store app, why should it appear that I need Admin privileges to install THIS game; unlike any other game that's been successfully installed AND without displayed that cautionary advisement?
I'll add more if more things come to mind; as of the moment writing this I haven't slept (personal issues), thus sustaining a coherent flow of the past several hours of troubleshooting is tricky; apologies in advance! :/ But I hope the quirky things mentioned help.
Mi problema es que ya segui varios pasos y siempre me salta error, nunca termina de descargar, siempre me salta error

-mi sistema operativo está actualizado (1909)
-tengo suficiente espacio en mi disco (mas de 200g)
-soy administrador (único usuario todos los permisos)
-xbox (beta) actualizado (version 1912.1001.8.0)
-Xbox live y Game Pass Ultimate mas que vigente (vigencia 2021)
-Usuario activo de Xbox (beta) (juego varios juegos halo wars 2, gears 4 etc)
-Solo tengo problema en este juego
-use códigos de cmd para la microsoft store, reinicie, cerre y abri mi cuenta, use códigos de powershell

al dia de hoy no he llegado al 100% ya que me salta error o no instala o no descarga mas de 4g ya no se que hacer
Pretty frustrating
I THINK I HAVE FOUND A FIX. GO INTO YOUR PROGRAM FILES -> WINDOWSAPPS AND DELETE THE MSIXVC. AFTER THAT, TRY INSTALLING MCC AGAIN. IF IT CRASHES TO DESKTOP, MAKE SURE YOU GO TO THE HALO REACH PAGE AND INSTALL THAT AS WELL. I'M DOWNLOADING THE GAME AS WE SPEAK AFTER 4 HOURS OF NOT LETTING ME DOWNLOAD. THE MICROSOFT STORE IS GOD AWFUL. I'm gonna type normally now, but if this doesn't work, ill be back...

FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL IF IT TELLS YOU THAT YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO OPEN WINDOWSAPPS.
Didn't work although I had a 61GB file sitting in that folder. Error Code: 0x80070057 around 4.1gb every time.