Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
After this last update, I was actually able to play a couple matches... and then started getting the "connection interrupted" message again. I'm able to play custom games online with no issues, but matchmaking just won't work. So frustrating.
I am getting kicked every now and then on Big Team Battle. It goes to a starting game screen then says the game ends and in the end game lobby im the only player left, or it will say that the connection was interrupted and put me at the main menu again.

I've tested my internet and it is fine. It doesn't happen every game either.

The worse part is, im getting banned because the game thinks im quitting when i have no control over this.

A bit frustrating.
I have this same issue, ever since the initial big update last year. Posted it in an issues thread months ago in a report issues type thread, just tried playing for first time in months and it seems the issue is not yet fixed. Any help would be appreciated.
zyphex wrote:
I have this same issue, ever since the initial big update last year. Posted it in an issues thread months ago in a report issues type thread, just tried playing for first time in months and it seems the issue is not yet fixed. Any help would be appreciated.
Yep, same. This started after the update in September. Still no acknowledgment from 343. I don't have connection issues in any other games (even h5). I've just given up on playing MCC at this point until they come out and say something. It's not any fault of ours, I know that.
has anyone found a solution iv been experiencing the same problems
I have never experienced this issue before....until today. I ran in to a number of -Yoink- players (spawn killing, generally being ***holes over chat etc.) and decided to block them through the Live interface. Since they are probably all still actively playing MCC, I’m wondering if this is how the game avoids matching you up with them...

If it is this, I expect the situation will continue to get worse the more I block. I am currently getting a couple of resets before maps load, then I will get a game. Have you lot blocked many other players? Could it be that?

It seems a bit weird for the person who blocked a player to be the one to get booted back to the lobby. You would think the game would figure all those blocks out before it even assigns the roster...
Almost a year later and I'm still have this issue.
I can play every game on Xbox just fine but MCC still boots me while the map is loading. I run a Facebook group called Halo lives on and it's kinda hard to connect to the community when I can't even play the game.
I also have this problem. I only had 1 successful match and am unable to refund the game at this point as those failed matches managed to reach several hours of waiting.
I also keep getting kicked and banned with everyone else's name disappearing
Yeah this is happening to me in the Reach update and it’s irritating because I can’t ever get to tier 100 if I can’t play multiplayer.
A couple months ago, this wasn’t happening. So I don’t understand what they did.
Im haveing the same problem and its annoying the crap out of me and it happens every time
Same, just started happening to me too. Seeing how far this thread goes back, looks like we arent getting any help anytime soon.
This happens to me constantly on PC since I've bought it. Happens at least 1 out of 4 times joining a game if not more. I'll play with friends and they'll all join the game fine but I I get kicked and can't even join their game in progress.
Same here. This is for Halo reach on my xbox one X. I'm able to join matches. However, it lags like crazy. Not playable. Then I'm back to the main menu saying "Connection interrupted". Started to happen a few hours ago.
My internet is fine, cos other games like World war z works like a charm.
I'm just encountering this problem for the first time now. Was working find over the double xp weekend. I played a game of firefight earlier and it worked. I can't join matchmaking.
Just an update, but I found out that I can restart my internet modem and I can then play 3 games before I get connection interrupted every game after that. The loading bar only says "connecting" when usually it connects and then loads before beginning the game. Really weird issue, as I was previously playing 10 hours a day since release.
I have the same issue, but only when I try to play with to Xbox on the same network on a party, if the two Xbox go on matchmaking separately each finds a match and can be played with no problems, but if the two Xbox are in the same party, one always gets kicked out, I have played tons of games this way and this is the only one that does this.
PC player
I have the same problem. It started 4 days ago, it was working perfectly fine the day before. I haven't been able to join a single match since.
I can only play in custom games. When the map is loading in multiplayer it just kicks me out saying "Connection interrupted" and literally no information about it. I've tried just about everything; Restarting Pc, restarting modem, verifying game files, reinstalling the game, changing my NAT, I also asked for help on steam forums but got nothing.
Honestly wtf? I just want to play the -Yoinking!- game, I have dozens of other multiplayer games and I have no issue when joining. Can we at least get a -Yoinking!- response from 343? What kind of customer service is this? Jfc
Currently encountering this issue on MCC PC *and* MCC Xbox One X. This is getting a little ridiculous.

I've seen posts with this issue going back a year, and there's still no word on a fix or even a workaround?
Currently encountering this issue on MCC PC *and* MCC Xbox One X. This is getting a little ridiculous.

I've seen posts with this issue going back a year, and there's still no word on a fix or even a workaround?
its march and i haven't even found a solution or any dev acknowledgement of this issue and this post started back in 2018 with the console release of MCC. i am beyond disappointed in a franchise that i love to let the player base down this hard
YES FINALY!!! IM NOT THE ONLY ONE.
I get the same message in multiplayer and co-op.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3