Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

[Locked] Do you want to be able to contact 343 directly?

OP Wintergalactic

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I know that I certainly do. However, and as many of you already know, that is not an option. The only "customer service" 343 Industries has is halowaypoint.com - the very website we are all on right now. Therefore it is incumbent upon us to find alternative methods to contact them when our voices are being ignored. One need not go any further than this forum to see the overwhelming amount of frustration amongst the fans coupled with a shameful lack of response (much less recognition) from 343. The bottom line is that Halo: The Master Chief Collection was at launch and remains so today: a broken game. A game that, for a majority of fans, is highly frustrating and ultimately unplayable.

So what am I recommending? I recommend that we contact 343 personnel through Twitter. I recommend that folks refrain from being crude, but not refrain from expressing their disappointment and frustration. I will be contacting these folks daily via Twitter until resolution.
  • Bonnie Ross @PlutonForEver - Founder and head of 343 Industries
  • Dan Ayoub @DanAyoub - An executive producer at 343. He is the head producer for MCC.
  • Andy Dudynsky @brav - A community manager for 343. FYI - Andy has little to nothing to do with the technical side of the game or 343 administration.
  • Kiki Wolfkill @k_wolfkill - Another executive producer at 343.
  • Frank O'Connor @franklez - Halo Franchise Development Director
  • Halo @Halo - Official Halo account on Twitter. IMHO, it is largely a worthless and unresponsive account, but I suggest including it in every tweet anway.
A preemptive message to moderators who may think this post is unacceptable: Allow me to remind you that for the majority of those individuals listed above a) they publicly identify themselves on Twitter as 343 employees, 2) they use their Twitter accounts for work/343 purposes, 3) many of their Twitter handles are openly advertised on 343 webspace, and finally and perhaps most importantly: 4) we are being ignored here at waypoint, which as I have already said, is the lone outlet we have.
Bravo. Hope you can make a difference! If I thought 343 cared even a liittttllee bit about their fans, I'd tag along, but sadly, I feel I would be wasting my time doing so. Instead, I filed a complaint on the Better Business Bureau website. I was happy to see 343 Industries was given an "F" on their website on the grading scale.
This post is dumb.
This post is dumb.
Agreed. Your post is indeed dumb. Contribute to the discussion or move along, little buddy.
i did my tweets to all of them see if they get back
This post is dumb.

Agreed. Your post is indeed dumb. Contribute to the discussion or move along, little buddy.
Well played.
I've tried tweeting to no avail also. I have a faulty product, where is the support,
At least with Rockstar, i've been able to have a dialogue.

Fair Business Practice?
I know that I certainly do. However, and as many of you already know, that is not an option. The only "customer service" 343 Industries has is halowaypoint.com - the very website we are all on right now. Therefore it is incumbent upon us to find alternative methods to contact them when our voices are being ignored. One need not go any further than this forum to see the overwhelming amount of frustration amongst the fans coupled with a shameful lack of response (much less recognition) from 343. The bottom line is that Halo: The Master Chief Collection was at launch and remains so today: a broken game. A game that, for a majority of fans, is highly frustrating and ultimately unplayable.

So what am I recommending? I recommend that we contact 343 personnel through Twitter. I recommend that folks refrain from being crude, but not refrain from expressing their disappointment and frustration. I will be contacting these folks daily via Twitter until resolution.
  • Bonnie Ross @PlutonForEver - Founder and head of 343 Industries
  • Dan Ayoub @DanAyoub - An executive producer at 343. He is the head producer for MCC.
  • Andy Dudynsky @brav - A community manager for 343. FYI - Andy has little to nothing to do with the technical side of the game or 343 administration.
  • Kiki Wolfkill @k_wolfkill - Another executive producer at 343.
  • Frank O'Connor @franklez - Halo Franchise Development Director
  • Halo @Halo - Official Halo account on Twitter. IMHO, it is largely a worthless and unresponsive account, but I suggest including it in every tweet anway.
A preemptive message to moderators who may think this post is unacceptable: Allow me to remind you that for the majority of those individuals listed above a) they publicly identify themselves on Twitter as 343 employees, 2) they use their Twitter accounts for work/343 purposes, 3) many of their Twitter handles are openly advertised on 343 webspace, and finally and perhaps most importantly: 4) we are being ignored here at waypoint, which as I have already said, is the lone outlet we have.
Do they have a direct e mail or phone number? Because I can't find one.................
Not to my knowledge :( Hence, this thread.
I understand people are frustrated with this game, but there is absolutely no reason to warrant a phone call from an irritate fan. That becomes harassment, it's unprofessional and unethical. 343 is not your private technical support and/or customer service, that's what the forums are for.
I understand people are frustrated with this game, but there is absolutely no reason to warrant a phone call from an irritate fan. That becomes harassment, it's unprofessional and unethical. 343 is not your private technical support and/or customer service, that's what the forums are for.
I totally get what you're saying here. I'm the last person to suggest picking up your pitchfork and joining the mob. I'm also the type of person, when purchasing a faulty product, a lot of the time will say "now I know to avoid this company" and move on.

With that said, I'm kind of shocked at how bad this MCC release is and how 343 is handling it. After its initial release they seemed to be communicating pretty consistently with the consumer in getting those issues resolved. Now, after several months, they seem to have moved on and ignoring the rest of the outstanding bugs that a bunch of us are reporting to them.

They're telling us to use this site forum to communicate with them. I haven't seen any responses from 343 to our requests. I understand ignoring the belligerent posts that consist of 2 year olds crying, but for those of us that are trying to be civil and work with them, they don't even seem to care about us either.

Its not unreasonable, even expected, that a company has a support phone, or at least, a support email address, for consumers to contact them with. 10-15 years ago I could call up a game company and request a new copy of a game I bought that isn't working. In the case of MCC, getting a new copy doesn't fix the issue. However, in today's games companies have the ability to "patch" their broken games through updates via the consoles, because when a game is broken today, its a software issue, not a scratched disk. Using a forum for consumers to communicate their "bugs" is a great idea, but if 343 can't acknowledge the consumers requests and assure us they're working on fixing their product, then I can understand the desire for consumers to find other ways to get their complaints across.

The OP just posted public twitter accounts to employees that are already giving them out to the public. I feel he's acted responsible in a way to discourage harassment and is calling other consumers not satisfied with their products, being ignored, and no other way to communicate their complaints, to use an alternative way of getting ahold of 343. I think that's fair.

Now, what I would like to know, is if there is some kind of list posted by 343 consisting of the confirmed bugs/issues being reported by us, and the status of getting them fixed. If anyone knows of such a thing, please post it here. I think that would go a long way to quelling the rage and calming consumer anxiety.
Not sure how frequently you have dealt with "irritate", let's assume you meant irate, individuals in your line of work, but there is nothing about this post that is harassing or belligerent. Simply a sincerely disappointed fan/customer, LIKE SO MANY OF US, voicing that disappointment in the only outlet available.
Maybe 343 should take a lesson from their predecessors, and begin engaging the community with a weekly update!? Bungie followed this practice since halo 2 on the original xbox.

If you want halo 5 to be a success you can't afford to alienate a huge portion of your fan base, by if ignoring our concerns with the appalling state MCC was shipped and still is in.
this reddit post, based off the recently leaked SDK which puts the blame for the matchmaking issues at the feet of the new MS xbox live 2015 matchmaking system, may explain things.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2rl1qa/sdk_leak_and_thoughts_around_mcc_issues/

Quote:
The 2015 Multiplayer system has been in preview form for a period of time and I believe Halo: MCC was the very first game to try it out and it failed miserably. The issue is on the MS backend. They thought it was working fine but all the handshakes don't work. This is why 343 has been unable to fix the problem. They didn't really create the issue, they used the system they were given and they don't want to go back now because in the end it will be better.

I also believe this is why 343 included a p2p backup plan, if the new matchmaking failed to connect to dedicated then you would revert to p2p.
Quote:
The multiplayer in Xbox One enables the assembling of game players into groups. The system is secure, easy to use, and flexible, allowing you not only to build simple features quickly, but also to build more complex features and plug in your own services.
At the core of the multiplayer system is the multiplayer session. The session is a secure document that resides in the Xbox Live cloud, and represents a group of users who are connected while playing a title on Xbox One. All the aspects of multiplayer—such as matchmaking, chat parties, join in-progress, and so on—leverage the multiplayer session.

Two versions of the multiplayer are available for Xbox One:

2014 Multiplayer. This version is based on the concept of the "game party" and participation in games through parties. This version will be deprecated in later releases.

2015 Multiplayer (previously 2015 Multiplayer Preview). This multiplayer version abstracts the game party concept and uses the multiplayer session directory (MPSD) to control game sessions.
BT, that may explain some things but it doesn't explain everything. I'll grant you that, if true, the matchmaking system would account for the lion's share of multiplayer problems, but it cannot account for typographical errors (e.g. 2th place, 3th place), button layouts missing, hitbox problems, achievement bugs, crashing campaigns, etc. and so forth - the list goes on forever. No matter what, 343 remains culpable for swindling their fans.
But that's all beside the topic of this thread, which is providing an alternate method for contacting 343. While SHIN MECH BRIAN's point is well taken, I completely disagree with it and defer completely to Samurai2083's very cogently argued response. 343 took a giant, smelly dump on its fans, told them to like it, then told them to never call back.
343 Industries is well aware of all the bugs and issues going on with the Master Chief Collection. Bombarding them with complaints would do nothing but waste time that could be used focusing on fixing the issues at hand. Stop trying to make their job more difficult and stressful than it is
343 Industries is well aware of all the bugs and issues going on with the Master Chief Collection. Bombarding them with complaints would do nothing but waste time that could be used focusing on fixing the issues at hand. Stop trying to make their job more difficult and stressful than it is
I feel that you have completely missed the purpose of this thread and my suggestion contained within. This isn't about bombarding 343 with complaints - it's much larger than that. It's about giving ourselves a voice when we have been shut out and ignored. It is obvious that no time is being spent by 343 listening to and responding to extant complaints, so I reject your assertion that individuals acting on my proposal could waste 343's time. Further, I couldn't care less how difficult or stressful 343's jobs is. Their responsibility - when loyal customers give them money, good faith, and support - is to release a quality product. They failed to do this, therefore I reject any level of concern about their working conditions (I am speaking only of management).

Not sure how frequently you have dealt with "irritate", let's assume you meant irate, individuals in your line of work, but there is nothing about this post that is harassing or belligerent. Simply a sincerely disappointed fan/customer, LIKE SO MANY OF US, voicing that disappointment in the only outlet available.
I feel we people who purchased this sorry excuse of a game have every right to voice their displeasure to 343i employees.

Twitter is an accepted way for them to communicate with their fans and customers, it's no less acceptable for fans and customers to tweet back.

I feel that you have completely missed the purpose of this thread and my suggestion contained within. This isn't about bombarding 343 with complaints - it's much larger than that. It's about giving ourselves a voice when we have been shut out and ignored. It is obvious that no time is being spent by 343 listening to and responding to extant complaints, so I reject your assertion that individuals acting on my proposal could waste 343's time. Further, I couldn't care less how difficult or stressful 343's jobs is. Their responsibility - when loyal customers give them money, good faith, and support - is to release a quality product. They failed to do this, therefore I reject any level of concern about their working conditions (I am speaking only of management).
Any stress experienced by the staff at 343i is a direct result of their own actions.

They shouldn't have released this package in this condition.
I think one step 343i could take in order to not be bombarded with angry correspondence from their customers would have been to release a game in good working order.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3