Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Excsessive Data Usage Playing MCC Campaigns

OP Lemon Hat Cat

Hello all,

So I hit my data usage limit for the month with my internet provider and couldn't figure out why until just a bit ago.
This month I completed Halo CE and Halo 2 on legendary and for some reason during the time I was playing MCC Campaign (no multiplayer) my internet usage from my Xbox skyrocketed to the point it used up 300Gb!

I couldn't figure out how my Xbox used up so much data, so I looked at the time graphs for data usage and every time there was a high spike in data usage, it was during the time I was playing on MCC. I cannot comprehend why campaign would eat up so much of my data plan, it sounds ridiculous and crazy, but it did. Idk if this is a bug or what, but it was happening consistently on my device for a month. 300Gb a month to play through campaign on my local system, no multiplayer. How?
I'd love some aid from anyone who may know of a way to resolve this issue, or if anyone else could check their data usage and corroborate my claim of data usage spikes from MCC.
Is there any way to pull a log or report from the game or console for the devs?

Not making this up. Really need some answers here, because I'm flabbergasted.
If you have automatic updates for games/apps enabled, they would update in the background. It’s true the campaigns use Live to upload time and score, but MCC would not itself use 300GB unless it had multiple updates.

This post has been hidden.

tuhin94 wrote:
If you have automatic updates for games/apps enabled, they would update in the background. It’s true the campaigns use Live to upload time and score, but MCC would not itself use 300GB unless it had multiple updates.
That's what I thought at first but the time logs matched up when I was playing MCC and no other times had large data usage spikes. That's why I was so dumbfounded. The whole time every time I was on MCC this happened and only when on MCC.
The only thing I can think to do is to avoid MCC until the next update and hope the issue was a fluke.

This post has been hidden.