1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
We are now five months into 2019, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection has frozen up and crashed to the Xbox One dashboard on me at least seven times. These crashes happen randomly when trying to load lobbies, missions, etc. despite the fact that I'm loading these things alone. This is the only Xbox One game I have that does this. There's no such thing as luck, so once something happens at least seven times, that's proof that there's something very wrong.

Why isn't anyone else bringing attention to such a glaring issue? Why haven't 343i acknowledged it when they have play testers for this very purpose? Statistically, this has happened to the person reading this, so can we please make enough noise about this that it actually gets fixed? A game crashing this frequently half a decade after release is inexcusable.
We are now five months into 2019, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection has frozen up and crashed to the Xbox One dashboard on me at least seven times. These crashes happen randomly when trying to load lobbies, missions, etc. despite the fact that I'm loading these things alone. This is the only Xbox One game I have that does this. There's no such thing as luck, so once something happens at least seven times, that's proof that there's something very wrong.

Why isn't anyone else bringing attention to such a glaring issue? Why haven't 343i acknowledged it when they have play testers for this very purpose? Statistically, this has happened to the person reading this, so can we please make enough noise about this that it actually gets fixed? A game crashing this frequently half a decade after release is inexcusable.
I was in the MCC Insider program since the first flight, I didn't experience any crashing in any of the Flight Programs. In the MCC build I've had a couple of crashes like you but I've also played over 200 hours since the August Update, it's not a major issue if you've only had 7 crashes since then. How can you tell it wasn't your Xbox or your Internet that is the issue?

I was in the MCC Insider program since the first flight, I didn't experience any crashing in any of the Flight Programs. In the MCC build I've had a couple of crashes like you but I've also played over 200 hours since the August Update, it's not a major issue if you've only had 7 crashes since then. How can you tell if it wasn't your Xbox or your Internet that is the issue?
Why are you so certain it's the game and not your xbox or internet? Mine doesn't crash at all... not even the insider build.

I was in the MCC Insider program since the first flight, I didn't experience any crashing in any of the Flight Programs. In the MCC build I've had a couple of crashes like you but I've also played over 200 hours since the August Update, it's not a major issue if you've only had 7 crashes since then. How can you tell if it wasn't your Xbox or your Internet that is the issue?
Seven crashes in only five months in a video game that came out almost five years ago isn't normal, and it shouldn't be treated as though it is. Absolutely none of these games have issues with crashing on their original hardware, and they've all been out for either over a decade or almost a decade, so 343i should be able to figure out how to get them functioning at least as well as they did back on the Xbox and Xbox 360.

I also know that it isn't my Xbox One that's the issue as, and you can see this clearly stated in my original post, this is the only game I have that does this. I also know that it isn't my internet connection as internet connections don't cause games to crash when loading singleplayer content without any other players.
Pluto70 wrote:

Why are you so certain it's the game and not your xbox or internet? Mine doesn't crash at all... not even the insider build.
Edited my post, got to love IPhones.
Only have had 1 crash in my experience this year.

Seven crashes in only five months in a video game that came out almost five years ago isn't normal, and it shouldn't be treated as though it is. Absolutely none of these games have issues with crashing on their original hardware, and they've all been out for either over a decade or almost a decade, so 343i should be able to figure out how to get them functioning at least as well as they did back on the Xbox and Xbox 360.

I also know that it isn't my Xbox One that's the issue as, and you can see this clearly stated in my original post, this is the only game I have that does this. I also know that it isn't my internet connection as internet connections don't cause games to crash when loading singleplayer content without any other players.
What xbox are you running? I have an xbox one x and I cannot remember the last time this game crashed for me.
Pluto70 wrote:

What xbox are you running? I have an xbox one x and I cannot remember the last time this game crashed for me.
The Xbox One S, so I guess it's my own fault for not dropping half a grand on the Xbox One X?

Your still connected to Xbox Live aren't you? I get an occasional crash in Destiny or Sea of Thieves but I'm not blowing up Bungie or Rare for an occasional crash. My internet connection is great by the way as I've hosted plenty of games in Halo CE Customs over the years with people from NA to the EU to AZ in the same match. The problem lies within the Xbox One UI not MCC itself, I've tested all of my crashes within MCC and came to a conclusion all the games crash when my Xbox prompts for a software update or there is a hic up with XBL.

Your still connected to Xbox Live aren't you? I get an occasional crash in Destiny or Sea of Thieves but I'm not blowing up Bungie or Rare for an occasional crash. My internet connection is great by the way as I've hosted plenty of games in Halo CE Customs over the years with people from NA to the EU to AZ in the same match. The problem lies within the Xbox One UI not MCC itself, I've tested all of my crashes within MCC and came to a conclusion all the games crash when my Xbox prompts for a software update or there is a hic up with XBL.
Destiny and Sea of Thieves have always-online DRM while Halo: The Master Chief Collection doesn't, so server issues wouldn't cause Halo: The Master Chief Collection to completely stop working. You need to be connected to a server 100% of the time to play Destiny, for example, so any issues with those servers bricks it.

Destiny and Sea of Thieves have always-online DRM while Halo: The Master Chief Collection doesn't, so server issues wouldn't cause Halo: The Master Chief Collection to completely stop working. You need to be connected to a server 100% of the time to play Destiny, for example, so any issues with those servers bricks it.
Except it's not a crash for all people in my group, one random person will get it and we are all within a 50 mile radius on the same server. Xbox One's UI is the issue whenever I get a crash in a game my Xbox is updating one of my apps or the blu ray drive when it occurs. Once I turn my Xbox off and the update is done my games are fine it happens once a month I've figured that is the issue. I have a ton of experience when it com to diagnosing crashes and people assume it's the game not the UI or OS that's causing the issue.
Could you provide some more details? For instance, what was happening exactly before your game crashed?
MCC has been updated multiple times since the beginning of the year. Have you reported your crashes in the MCC Feedback threads with as much detail as possible? Your issue may not be affecting everyone so just saying your game is crashing is too broad for them to really test anything specific.
omarlotrc wrote:
Could you provide some more details? For instance, what was happening exactly before your game crashed?
Nothing. I'd playing alone, everything would be working as usual, I'd press A on something like Halo 2's Campaign in the main menu, and the game'd freeze for a few seconds then automatically close. The game likes to crash when attempting to load things. That's it. No details left out.
omarlotrc wrote:
Nothing. I'd playing alone, everything would be working as usual, I'd press A on something like Halo 2's Campaign in the main menu, and the game'd freeze for a few seconds then automatically close. The game likes to crash when attempting to load things. That's it. No details left out.
Could you give a rough estimate on when those crashes happened?
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
I didn't really write down the exact times and dates or anything, but, at least yesterday, one happened around noon and the other around the time I made this thread.
Pluto70 wrote:

The Xbox One S, so I guess it's my own fault for not dropping half a grand on the Xbox One X?
( response for you in a years time ) If you drop a 1k on a pc rather than that crappy Xbox hardware you won't have these problems , yes it all your fault 😜 On a more serious note I've never had this issue on mcc but h5 while exit match making many freeze ups .
Pluto70 wrote:

( response for you in a years time ) If you drop a 1k on a pc rather than that crappy Xbox hardware you won't have these problems , yes it all your fault 😜
I actually do have a PC, but I'm mostly a console gamer nowadays due to how out of control DRM is on PC. PC gaming is a service instead of a product, and that isn't for me.
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
I didn't really write down the exact times and dates or anything, but, at least yesterday, one happened around noon and the other around the time I made this thread.
Have you tried reinstalling the game?
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Have you tried reinstalling the game?
Sure, but I've only done that... four or five times? So, nothing too crazy. Perhaps six will do the trick?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2