Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Fix for "Corrupted" Theater Clips?

OP AIV Mates

I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct area to post this, so I apologize in advance if this is an inappropriate thread.

Over the course of last month I had stockpiled several videos of gameplay on MCC Reach. The theater in MCC has a twelve file limit, but PC players can just copy and paste the .mov files into a non-MCC folder for storage. This worked well, but ever since the Raven Update all of my old theater files show up as "Corrupt File - File is corrupt and cannot be played. You can only remove it". Games played after the update work just fine, and the old files themselves haven't been changed. I won't pretend to understand the technical aspects of the game, but clearly something changed or tweaked during the update has made the old files incompatible with the new theater.

My question is, is there a way to either modify the old files or download an older version of MCC so that I can view these clips? Am I just out of luck? Those clips have some strong personal value to me, and I'd hate for them to be permanently inaccessible.
Perhaps I’m misunderstanding, but can’t you simply play the files in a video player like VLC?