1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So, after this update I feel like we just started over on day 1. Glitchy gameplay, health bars suddenly disappearing, weapons not firing, does 343 even care for the community that plays this? Bungie would not have let this get out of hand like this. Vehicles move on their own, shooting a rocket and it disappears, its pretty much unplayable
So, after this update I feel like we just started over on day 1. Glitchy gameplay, health bars suddenly disappearing, weapons not firing, does 343 even care for the community that plays this? Bungie would not have let this get out of hand like this. Vehicles move on their own, shooting a rocket and it disappears, its pretty much unplayable
The update really made matchmaking not fun.

team sumo after the fourth round has the vehicles driving themselves off a cliff.

Glitch aiming, glitchy animations, etc.

II’ve put my time into this game and this update makes it feel like it played in 2014/2015.
Work is already well underway on investigating and fixing the issues, some of them have been fixed internally already. You can keep up to date with the latest developments here: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043578671-Halo-2-MCC-Update

Bungie have had their own fair share of mishaps over the years, but throwing shade isn't really constructive and doesn't get us anywhere.
At least they weren't still trying to fix a 6 year old game
Rockets aren't shooting, hit a are not registering, what a crap game
stckrboy wrote:
Work is already well underway on investigating and fixing the issues, some of them have been fixed internally already. You can keep up to date with the latest developments here: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043578671-Halo-2-MCC-UpdateBungie have had their own fair share of mishaps over the years, but throwing shade isn't really constructive and doesn't get us anywhere.
As a software developer, I don't think this update should have passed UAT, and I feel like this is exactly the same process that launched MCC in such a bad state.

The vehicle desync in H3 effects every H3 player almost every single game, including SFX, and VFX. Bullet registration issues in H2A are also game breaking.

The world understands everyone is working remote right now. No one would have been upset if this was pushed back 1-2 weeks so users wouldn't have a broken engine for an entire sprint.
As a software developer, I don't think this update should have passed UAT....
As a software developer, you should also know how easy it is for stuff like this to pass by without notice. As one myself I've lived through this a number of times - no matter how hard you try, there will always be something that crops up.
stckrboy wrote:
As a software developer, you should also know how easy it is for stuff like this to pass by without notice. As one myself I've lived through this a number of times - no matter how hard you try, there will always be something that crops up.
I’ve had numerous issues with rockets not flying as well.

that sword flying glitch seems worse as well.
Since the update, my game would randomly crash and bring me to the dashboard once I load a single player mission or coop.
stckrboy wrote:
These are known issues, meaning at some point they were noted and documented during QA, they weren't missed. So while yes, there are always minor issues that can crop from updates, that's not true here. These are not minor issues, and they weren't missed.

And like I said, these issues should be high enough priority that the update should have been postponed. They effect too many users in too many game sessions, and the update should not have pushed out in this state.

Someone should have asked what's best for the users, not what's best for the devs and the release schedule when the team reached its health check step for the release.
Also @stckrboy do you have more direct contact to the devs than me and a support ticket? The H3 issue only effects vehicles after they respawn on the map, it doesn't effect them when they originally spawn. But it effects them every single time they respawn.

Re-creatable every time, or at least every H3 game I've played since the update. That can help them with identifying what variable isn't resetting when the vehicle is destroyed.
Also @stckrboy do you have more direct contact to the devs than me and a support ticket?
I don't I'm afraid, adding that info to an active support ticket (if you have one open for the issue) is the best thing to do!
Also @stckrboy do you have more direct contact to the devs than me and a support ticket? The H3 issue only effects vehicles after they respawn on the map, it doesn't effect them when they originally spawn. But it effects them every single time they respawn.

Re-creatable every time, or at least every H3 game I've played since the update. That can help them with identifying what variable isn't resetting when the vehicle is destroyed.
Great post!
Just give them time. Although I understand the frustration because I am experiencing it too 343 will make it right.
6 years has been enough time. 343 screwed the proverbial pooch. You have failed the community. There is now more nodded gaming, glitchy gameplay, unplayable maps, etc due to the lack of care 343 gives to the community. I think Halo Infinite is probably going to be worse than this if 343 indeed is thinking about putting that out this year. Halo 5 wasn't all that good either and they are regressing the character each game.
More terrible gameplay, glitchy shots, dying behind walls while not being shot, health bar not working properly. This is terrible, at least before the update it was playable. People are modding more, exploiting glitches, using a nonplayer aa a catalyst for cheats. This is terrible, 343 are you wanting the community to hate the games, or move to the PS5 when it comes out? Because right now I think PS5 may be where I go from here or just play games better than Halo.
More terrible gameplay, glitchy shots, dying behind walls while not being shot, health bar not working properly. This is terrible, at least before the update it was playable. People are modding more, exploiting glitches, using a nonplayer aa a catalyst for cheats. This is terrible, 343 are you wanting the community to hate the games, or move to the PS5 when it comes out? Because right now I think PS5 may be where I go from here or just play games better than Halo.
The lack of rockets actually working properly in halo 2 is troubling
They've butchered halo 3 on xbox so bad, people keep going on about the multiplayer but I swear the movement speed is like 50% of what it was
343i is working as best as they can, I mean think about it they’re working from home right now, we’re lucky they’re even still working on infinite and mcc, just give them time, bugs this big will be fixed.
Problem still persists. I am done with MCC for the foreseeable future.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2