Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

H2A Campaign: Black Screen of Doom

OP Its the Mileage

When I try to resume my campaign in H2A after Saving/Quitting, I'm taken to a black screen. I can hear the sound effects of the game and when I pause the game I can see the visuals, but when I unpause it's just a black screen. It was bad enough that the Checkpoints weren't working, now this, and it definitely wasn't happening before the update. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
It's not just you man I just finished the update and now the game is unplayable. I love halo with a passion and with all this bull**** going on with matchmaking lag, black screens and stupid glitches. It makes me want my money back and regret ever buying this P.O.S
Happened to me too. You have to hit the Back button to cycle the graphics, and it should be fixed.
But c'mon 343. What the hell.
Aeryyk wrote:
Happened to me too. You have to hit the Back button to cycle the graphics, and it should be fixed.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot as soon as I'm back at home!
Big thanks for the "fix". I still feel like this shouldn't even be an issue to begin with. What is going on with 343/MS lately? How do you goof your most prized possession?
Aeryyk wrote:
Thanks for the help. Glad I searched the forum before I restarted.
Happening to me to, so frustrating. That cycling of graphics fixes it :)
So has the problem been fixed yet cause it just started happening to me on halo 3 and I'm pretty much stuck sitting there looking at the black screen.
Definitely not fixed. Currently sat looking at the black screen for the fourth time today.

edit: No sound effects in the background and looks like the TV is off.

Edit again: xbox button will press and vibrate but no response from console.