Skip to main content
I finished downloading the 31GB Insider build for H2A on the MS Store. After playing through the splash screens and arriving to the "Press [Enter] to Start" page, the game shows the loading pinwheel and then will either freeze on its second rotation, or will begin to pull up the main menu, but freezes before it fully loads all of the content. I'm not able to close the game with Task Manager, usually results in me restarting my computer, or logging out of my account to get back to desktop. I am also running MSI Afterburner as I do with almost all of my games, and it freezes as well. I tried closing Afterburner and all other displayed applications, then booting up MCC, however it still freezes in one of those two spots.
I have the exact same issue but I am able to close the game with task manager. When I do this I get a "Gaming UI" pop-up that says it could not sync with my "other" devices. It does not say what these "other" devices are or how to fix this. It gives a retry button and a "use last save data" button, neither of which do anything. The issue happens with both EAC enabled and with it disabled.

So far I've tried:
- Updating windows,
- logging out and int of the MS Store, companion app and Xbox beta app,
- restarted my pc,
- deleted the entire "MCC" folder in ...\AppData\LocalLow\MCC,
- I have run the retail Steam version without issues
- running as admin
- disabling RivaTuner Statistics Server (aka the part of MSI Afterburner that always messes things up)
- disabling Malwarebytes
- simply waiting for 15 minutes after which nothing happened
- contemplating life choices
- reporting it to insidersupport.halowaypoint.com
- updating everything that needed an update according to the microsoft store

The only thing I haven't done yet is uninstalling and downloading it again, but I'm hesitant to do so because of how slow the microsoft store is.

Honestly I'm done trying. I never wanted the microsoft store version anyway, and this is the EXACT reason why. It never, NEVER, works. On top of that it assumes everyone is an idiot and never tells you why something is going wrong, just that it is going wrong so you don't know how to fix it.
ZizWing wrote:
I have the exact same issue but I am able to close the game with task manager. When I do this I get a "Gaming UI" pop-up that says it could not sync with my "other" devices. It does not say what these "other" devices are or how to fix this. It gives a retry button and a "use last save data" button, neither of which do anything. The issue happens with both EAC enabled and with it disabled.

So far I've tried:
- Updating windows,
- logging out and int of the MS Store, companion app and Xbox beta app,
- restarted my pc,
- deleted the entire "MCC" folder in ...\AppData\LocalLow\MCC,
- I have run the retail Steam version without issues
- running as admin
- disabling RivaTuner Statistics Server (aka the part of MSI Afterburner that always messes things up)
- disabling Malwarebytes
- simply waiting for 15 minutes after which nothing happened
- contemplating life choices
- reporting it to insidersupport.halowaypoint.com
- updating everything that needed an update according to the microsoft store

The only thing I haven't done yet is uninstalling and downloading it again, but I'm hesitant to do so because of how slow the microsoft store is.

Honestly I'm done trying. I never wanted the microsoft store version anyway, and this is the EXACT reason why. It never, NEVER, works. On top of that it assumes everyone is an idiot and never tells you why something is going wrong, just that it is going wrong so you don't know how to fix it.
I have tried uninstalling and downloading twice now, but it doesn't change anything. I was really excited to play H2, so Ill keep giving it a shot until something works. Specs are AMD Ryzen 2600X CPU and Radeon 5700 GPU. I haven't had problems with the base version of the game, or any of the previous Steam flights, and from looking online, it doesn't seem to be a common occurence. Hopefully we can expect an update very soon that can help resolve this issue.
chodrick wrote:
I have tried uninstalling and downloading twice now, but it doesn't change anything. I was really excited to play H2, so Ill keep giving it a shot until something works. Specs are AMD Ryzen 2600X CPU and Radeon 5700 GPU. I haven't had problems with the base version of the game, or any of the previous Steam flights, and from looking online, it doesn't seem to be a common occurence. Hopefully we can expect an update very soon that can help resolve this issue.
I have just fixed it!

It was caused by a Windows 10 privacy setting. I recently got a Windows Mixed Reality headset (need it for work related things) and it was trying to sync with that I think. However it may be syncing with another device in your case.

Got to Windows 10 settings > Privacy > Other Devices and disabeld the "Communicate with unpaired devices" checkbox.

After I did that and started flight again this "Gaming UI" pop-up about syncing data actually showed up in-game and asked me to try again or used the last save data. Try again obviously didn't work because I turned off the setting, but clicking "use last save data" caused it to begin re-syncing and after that reached 100% I was finally able to enter the menu.

If this does not work for you try and disable specific devices in that list if you can. Maybe one of them is interfering. I will also update my submitted issue on insider.halowaypoint.com in hopes of them fixing this in the future.

EDIT: link to a screenshot of the settings page I mean: https://i.imgur.com/J9l5rW1.png (not allowed links yet on this forums so just copy & paste it for now)