Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

H3 problem beating Cortana on Heroic

OP Happy Place8166

Tried looking this up to see if it had been posted previously, but sorry in advance if I missed something in the forums that addressed this problem:

I beat the MCC Halo 3 level "Cortana" today on Heroic difficulty and after I finished, it didn't reflect the change. I had previously beaten it on Normal and have been grinding to beat all the MCC games on solo Heroic (long way to go) and co-op Legendary. Is this a common problem in MCC, or just a one time issue?

Thanks!
I think there are still some issues with MCC and Waypoint not recording level completions properly. I think the issues have reduced but not completely gone away as I’ve seen a few other posts similar to yours. As far as I know, the only fix is to replay the level.

I know before the big update, sometimes you could play through on an easier difficulty and that would “push” your earlier result through to Waypoint. I don’t know if that’s something others experienced but it was the case for a couple levels for me. On the other hand, I had to replay Midnight 4 times on Legendary to get the level marked as complete as the “push” method didn’t work for that level.
tuhin94 wrote:
I think there are still some issues with MCC and Waypoint not recording level completions properly. I think the issues have reduced but not completely gone away as I’ve seen a few other posts similar to yours. As far as I know, the only fix is to replay the level.

I know before the big update, sometimes you could play through on an easier difficulty and that would “push” your earlier result through to Waypoint. I don’t know if that’s something others experienced but it was the case for a couple levels for me. On the other hand, I had to replay Midnight 4 times on Legendary to get the level marked as complete as the “push” method didn’t work for that level.
Thanks for the reply! Figured it might be something like that.. Well I beat it once, I can do it again. Kudos to you for doing Midnight FOUR times to get that Legendary mark.
tuhin94 wrote:

Thanks for the reply! Figured it might be something like that.. Well I beat it once, I can do it again. Kudos to you for doing Midnight FOUR times to get that Legendary mark.
Best of luck :-) It does get frustrating when it doesn’t count, especially since it’s a game designed for this generation which emphasizes being connected to the internet all the time.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

Best of luck :-) It does get frustrating when it doesn’t count, especially since it’s a game designed for this generation which emphasizes being connected to the internet all the time.
Ha I'm glad I grew up in the 90s with the internet, so to speak. No worries on this issue though. Played it again and it counted. woo!
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

Ha I'm glad I grew up in the 90s with the internet, so to speak. No worries on this issue though. Played it again and it counted. woo!
Gratz :-) Glad to hear it counted this time.