Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Halo 1 and 2 Anniversary Frame Rate Drops

OP MChammer707

The Anniversary graphics setting for Halo 1 and 2 have become borderline unplayable since Reach dropped in December. Larger levels have drops that may be 30 fps or lower, based on my best estimate. Going into any large level and looking at an open area is guaranteed to tank the framerate. Switching to original graphics does seem to basically lock the game to 60 fps though. Additionally, checkpoints are causing huge hitches in every game in the MCC, besides maybe Halo 4. All of these issues seem to have begun with the Reach update in December. Thus far, I don't believe that 343 has acknowledged the issue. My experience has been limited to the Xbox One X version.
Yeah, it’s frustrating that 343 won’t even acknowledge the issue. I think it might just be the Xbox One X, as they are the only ones I’ve seen complain, but I can’t be sure.

It drives me crazy though. To the point I avoid playing the Campaigns on those games.
Yeah, it’s frustrating that 343 won’t even acknowledge the issue. I think it might just be the Xbox One X, as they are the only ones I’ve seen complain, but I can’t be sure.

It drives me crazy though. To the point I avoid playing the Campaigns on those games.
As someone with an Xbox One S, I only see the frame rate tank in coop. The same goes for my friend's base Xbox One.
On Xbox One S, I've also noticed frame drops in Anniversary graphics--drops that didn't seem to be there before recently. I've also noticed longer checkpoint loads. Checkpoints used to be nearly seamless, but now they're taking much longer comparatively, at least in CEA.

I wonder if the new UE4 menu taking up so much data is to blame?
I think im losing faith for halo infinite to be anything good because of this crap if 343 wont listen to us now they probably won't listen to us when infinite comes around.
Digital Foundry has made a video that touches on this issue. The dips are massive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryr8DIIHGik