Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
When I installed the MCC recently there was no sound in the halo 2 campaign or classic multiplayer, I tried reinstalling halo 2, but so far no luck. Has anyone else had this problem or know how I could fix it?
I also have no sound in the halo 2 campaign
I also have no sound in the halo 2 campaign
At least I know I’m not the only one.
Not getting any sounds either. Uninstalled MCC and reinstalled. Closed game and rebooted. Restarted console too. Only halo 2 anniversary. Other games are fine. Anyone know of any fixes?
Update: have tried numerous permutations of which games were installed or not. Shutting down and rebooting. Installing and uninstalling. Internal to external hard drives (the game wont even boot up on internal) so far nothing works. Gonna try moving save data out and starting fresh to see if that changes anything.
Update: have tried numerous permutations of which games were installed or not. Shutting down and rebooting. Installing and uninstalling. Internal to external hard drives (the game wont even boot up on internal) so far nothing works. Gonna try moving save data out and starting fresh to see if that changes anything.
Good to know, I’ll let you know if I find anything out as I’m not getting response for my ticket.
Edit: I noticed that under installed games it says 111 gb, but upon viewing the file it says 94 gb, I’m not sure if this is the problem or if it is how to fix it, but thought it might be useful.
i have noticed this problem but most of the time i have good sound
I have the exact same issue too. However, if I log in using another profile, the game has all the sound like normal.
Update: I have a fix! I wiped my save data and booted up MCC (every game was installed) I cancelled syncing. It wouldnt go to menu so I had to quit out and boot up the game again. ut when I did, sound was back in halo 2. Checked all other games and they have sound too. All my data is still here as well so it looks like a save data syncing bug possibly? So far it's working ok
i had the same problem. but only with my bluetooth headsett. by disabeling the call mode on it for my pc it fixed the audio for halo mcc
Update: I have a fix! I wiped my save data and booted up MCC (every game was installed) I cancelled syncing. It wouldnt go to menu so I had to quit out and boot up the game again. ut when I did, sound was back in halo 2. Checked all other games and they have sound too. All my data is still here as well so it looks like a save data syncing bug possibly? So far it's working ok
Interesting, I’d try it, but I would like to see if there is a way to keep my save data though. I might have to try it since support is being very slow.

Edit: Nevermind I realized that you can redownload it.
I tried to delete my save data, stop syncing, the main menu didn’t load so so I quit. I then reinstalled my saves and tried to play it, but still no sound in halo 2.

I don't understand it never did this before.
So I tried it with both another profile and deleting my saves and surprisingly it works both times, maybe it is my save or a syncing issue.

However I don’t understand why it won’t have sound with my save even after resyncing.

I don’t want to delete my saves and start over and even if I did who’s to say this won’t happen again.
You guys too?
GeneticEmo wrote:
You guys too?
Yeah, someone had a fix that worked for them, but I tried it and it didn’t work for me.

From what I’ve gathered it seems to a save/sync issue (I’m not sure which).

Support is being very slow, so I’ve had to rely on the community (which outside of this thread, there has been little information).

But any updates you have please post them here, it would be helpful. I’ll make sure to do the same.
There has been another thread about this, so just to link all of the information possible, I’m linking it here.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/no-sound-from-halo-2-and-halo-2-multiplayer/bc4e417e-cece-468c-bb7e-18684fb6718f/posts

Another thread has been found here:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/halo-2-mcc-audio/db4213ce-aebe-4dc3-92de-c72aab7d8c65/posts
I'm getting no sound either
I'm getting no sound either
I wonder if 343 knows about this issue, I haven’t been able to get a response from support.
I finally got it working.

This is is what worked for me (taken from another post:

Quote:
Just tried this for a second time, it worked. It seems ya either A: Be very quick about killing the cloud sync and quitting and restarting, or B: have a guest profile signed in.
Hope this helps!
All data was kept, but it seems I gotta reconfigure options and customizations.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6