Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
I’ve just gotten back into playing this game and found this issue. Sometimes have sound but then it cuts out completely and weirdly in halo CE the buttons don’t do what they should. Disappointing to see this has been an issue for so long.
THIS IS A FIX FOR ALL XBOX ONLY MCC PLAYERS!!

Hey folks, I 100% can confirm I had the same audio issues start this week. But, I solved it, no PC version needing to also be bought!! A previous poster mentioned about deleting saves, and it works entirely for me now, all games, and not just once! Do this:

Again, I ONLY have the XBox One version.

1) If Halo 1 and 2 audio wasn’t working for you after pausing, like myself, I deleted all saved data while online still, even the 4 GB reserved data. I should mention you’ll want to have closed the game beforehand.
2) Went offline in settings. Then execute a full restart of the console.
3) Once rebooted, the system is still offline. Boot up MCC and the game will say it cannot find save data. This is okay. I booted up both Halo 1 or 2 to test at this point. All audio, cutscenes and all, SHOULD be back now and remain even if you pause and come back.
4) Now, while still in game, go back to your settings on console and go back online and let it connect. Going back to the game, audio was still working. I saved and quit. The one thing I did notice though is whichever game you choose to boot this from, mission progress only syncs up on that game and shows how many you’ve completed on that game only.
5) All I did at this point was go through each game on MCC and tabbed through the missions on each game. After that, the mission progress for each game came right back for me (number of completed missions). I did the same thing for the cross game play list and that progress all came back, too.
6) Now, close the game. Then, boot it back up. At this point, the Xbox will ask you when you load up if you’d like to sync from cloud save or save on this Xbox. Choose this Xbox. I chose the cloud version first and the audio stopped working. Choosing this Xbox save data is critical!

Since doing all of the above my audio is back 100% of the time on all titles. Campaign, multiplayer, you name it! I’ve reloaded and paused many times to assure this worked before posting. The only things I had to set back up is my control scheme for the games and turn subtitles back on, that was it.

The legacy titles team should still release an update that will fix this permanently, so we don’t have to do the above. However, I’m very happy to report that this works for me now, all the time (no Windows version needed!).

Happy gaming, everyone!
Baer0603 wrote:
THIS IS A FIX FOR ALL XBOX ONLY MCC PLAYERS!!Hey folks, I 100% can confirm I had the same audio issues start this week. But, I solved it, no PC version needing to also be bought!! A previous poster mentioned about deleting saves, and it works entirely for me now, all games, and not just once! Do this:
This fix actually worked for me, no issues with either game so far.

Ridiculous that this method is necessary at the moment, hopefully a patch is still on the horizon.
Baer0603 wrote:
THIS IS A FIX FOR ALL XBOX ONLY MCC PLAYERS!!Hey folks, I 100% can confirm I had the same audio issues start this week. But, I solved it, no PC version needing to also be bought!! A previous poster mentioned about deleting saves, and it works entirely for me now, all games, and not just once! Do this:

Ridiculous that this method is necessary at the moment, hopefully a patch is still on the horizon.
Glad this worked for you! Maybe we could move this up as a solution if others can test and confirm. It only takes about 5 minutes to complete, but can be annoying to go through. I’m just happy it’s also working for someone else!
Baer0603 wrote:
Baer0603 wrote:

Glad this worked for you! Maybe we could move this up as a solution if others can test and confirm. It only takes about 5 minutes to complete, but can be annoying to go through. I’m just happy it’s also working for someone else!
Thanks for taking the time to give a step-by-step workaround. I think a similar workaround was posted at one point over the last 10 months, but from what I understood, it only worked for saves that were local. The workaround didn't retrospectively fix older saves from the cloud. From what I'm gleaning in your workaround, this is also the case, ie. my cloud-saves will still suffer from no audio with your workaround. Is this the case...?

Day 259 since this thread started.
SITS79 wrote:
Baer0603 wrote:
Baer0603 wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to give a step-by-step workaround. I think a similar workaround was posted at one point over the last 10 months, but from what I understood, it only worked for saves that were local. The workaround didn't retrospectively fix older saves from the cloud. From what I'm gleaning in your workaround, this is also the case, ie. my cloud-saves will still suffer from no audio with your workaround. Is this the case...?

Day 259 since this thread started.
That is correct. I chose cloud save first and my audio still broke following a pause. I chose this Xbox and it’s worked perfectly since. Unless you need your MCC save from the cloud, syncing from the Xbox should fix it.
After two months Halo support got back to me with instructions that worked for me:

Quote:
Hello there! Thank you very much for your patience and we apologize for the waiting time. We have been researching thoroughly this issue and It seems this issue can be related to an Error trying to Sync the data from the Cloud. So let's try the next steps: Let's try to Re-Sync your save data from the Cloud:
  1. Delete your Local Saved Data, included also the Reserved Data
    • Press the Xbox button on your controller
    • Select My games & apps, Highlight Master Chief Collection and click the menu button on your controller
    • Select Manage game & add-ons
    • Scroll down to Saved Data
    • Delete the 4GB of Reserved Space and the Saved Data
  2. Go offline within the Network Settings of the Console.
  3. Restart your console
    • Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & startup.
    • Select Restart now.
  4. Once your console reboots, keep it offline and launch MCC. The game will say it cannot find save data, ignore the warning.
  5. Play Halo 2 to check if the audio came back. Try to pause and check if the audio is still working.
  6. At this point, the audio should be working. While still in-game, go to your Console Network Settings and reconnect to your internet.
  7. Go back to the game, audio should still be working, Save and Quit the game (Do not close MCC completely yet, just quit Halo 2).
  8. Go back to the MCC Menu and launch each game on MCC. Navigate through the missions and playlist for each game. It should sync up with your Cloud Data.
  9. Close The MCC Completely and boot it up again.
  10. The Console will ask you if you want to Sync from Cloud save or save locally on the Xbox. Choose "This Xbox" <- This is important.
  11. Test again in-game for any issue with the sound, pausing and un-pausing.
Let us know if you have any problem performing the steps or if this helped to solve the issue.
UNSCOPS Agent08
This is very similar to the instructions others have posted before in this thread, but this worked in getting my old "audioless" cloud saves to have audio again (as opposed to playing entirely offline with new saves).

Hopefully this helps others in this thread. I'm personally not thrilled that you have to go through such a workaround instead of the game "just working", but at least it works.
Same as the previous message. They got back to me too on the 26th September. Kind of stupid that they send you a list of instructions to follow mind. Should just be an update on their behalf.

Hello there!

Thank you very much for your patience and we apologize for the waiting time. We have been researching thoroughly this issue and It seems this issue can be related to an Error trying to Sync the data from the Cloud. So let's try the next steps:

Let's try to Re-Sync your save data from the Cloud:
  1. Delete your Local Saved Data, included also the Reserved Data
    • Press the Xbox button on your controller
    • Select My games & apps, Highlight Master Chief Collection and click the menu button on your controller
    • Select Manage game & add-ons
    • Scroll down to Saved Data
    • Delete the 4GB of Reserved Space and the Saved Data
  2. Go offline within the Network Settings of the Console.
  3. Restart your console
    • Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & startup.
    • Select Restart now.
  4. Once your console reboots, keep it offline and launch MCC. The game will say it cannot find save data, ignore the warning.
  5. Play Halo 2 to check if the audio came back. Try to pause and check if the audio is still working.
  6. At this point, the audio should be working. While still in-game, go to your Console Network Settings and reconnect to your internet.
  7. Go back to the game, audio should still be working, Save and Quit the game (Do not close MCC completely yet, just quit Halo 2).
  8. Go back to the MCC Menu and launch each game on MCC. Navigate through the missions and playlist for each game. It should sync up with your Cloud Data.
  9. Close The MCC Completely and boot it up again.
  10. The Console will ask you if you want to Sync from Cloud save or save locally on the Xbox. Choose "This Xbox" <- This is important.
  11. Test again in-game for any issue with the sound, pausing and un-pausing.
Let us know if you have any problem performing the steps or if this helped to solve the issue.

UNSCOPS Agent08
I received the same response on my ticket. I went ahead and did this and it resolved the problem. It's not optimal but it works.
hello,
u should try to uninstall halo 2 than reinstall it and your problem should be gone.
hope to be useful
Manxdovsky98
I also received the same response, lol. Ticket submitted May 10th, 2020 with a resolution on September 26th. Well, at least we know this is the fix! Just make sure that if you have this issue that there are no pending updates to MCC. First couple times trying this didn't work until the latest update to MCC was downloaded and installed.
No sound for Halo 2 and CE. Possible others but I honestly just gave up after wasting my time trying to fix the issue.
My Halo 2 audio doesn’t work either. Tried deleting and reinstalling it. And no sound at all
I sent them a friendly thank you for providing a workaround ( https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/halo-2-mcc-no-sound/b820d760-bbcb-48c8-918d-35878fed54b7/posts?page=6#post107 ) , and they've just responded:

Quote:
UNSCOPSAgent08 (Halo Support)
Nov 13, 2020, 14:58 PST
Hello there SITS79​! I'm glad that the things are sorted out now and you can go back to play as usual :) We do understand that our steps could seem a little bit like a guide to the mystic arts, but our team is working hard to get this issue resolved completely, and hopefully, our players will not have to experience this issue anymore. Let us know if you encounter any other game-related issue and we will be here to help you ;) I'm closing this ticket now, you can reply back to it if you need to open it again.
UNSCOPS Agent08
They must be super busy over there at the moment.
I thankfully have not experienced this problem myself, but I do want to add that there is an issue of...uh, the combat dialogue 'sound render distance' being much shorter than it should be. This is most noticeable during the Regret boss battle. In the MCC, you can't hear Regret's combat dialogue unless you are quite close to him, while in the original Halo 2 you can hear it from pretty much anywhere within the room.
Tried both methods, Baers and the other. Both didn't work. Just purchased and installed for the first time a week ago. Deleted and reinstalled the entire game and repeated both solutions. The issue still remains. I have uninstalled the game and written it off as a loss, clinging to the nostalgia of playing halo 2 since I don't have any other option. I don't hold out for an update, Halo Infinite is now the way forward, on an unobtainable console. But that is an issue for another thread.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6