Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
In the halo 4 level midnight I am unable to plant the grenade on the didact. I get the prop to push LS in order to lift myself on to the light bridge. Then chief runs at the didact, then i get the prompt "Press RT To Fire Machine Gun" but no matter if i hold down RT before the prompt or spam it when the prompt is on screen, i always get the failure scene.

I'm on legendary difficulty
No skulls on
Playing from the Halo 4 Legendary playlist
I have hard reset my xbox one and retried as well
This is happening to me too... Really don't want to do this level over again!
Thought it was LT? Try that...
Yea its possible it is LT. I just pushed every button during the prompt and it worked.
Make sure you're hitting the grenade button when it prompts you, I had the same problem but then I realized I was using the fishstick button setup, so I hit rb and it worked.
DJ Chick3n wrote:
In the halo 4 level midnight I am unable to plant the grenade on the didact. I get the prop to push LS in order to lift myself on to the light bridge. Then chief runs at the didact, then i get the prompt "Press RT To Fire Machine Gun" but no matter if i hold down RT before the prompt or spam it when the prompt is on screen, i always get the failure scene.

No skulls on
This happened to me also. The RT prompted is wrong on the screen. You simply have to press LT to plant the grenade on him instead of pressing what the screen tells you which is RT for some reason. This screwed me up also and almost caused me to not get the Par Time.

PS I got all the Par Times in HALO MCC!
This was absolute garbage though. In all videos it says press LT to plant grenade. The controller configuration shouldn't matter since it says "To fire machine gun" This has been pissing me off.
JBro08 wrote:
DJ Chick3n wrote:

No skulls on
This happened to me also. The RT prompted is wrong on the screen. You simply have to press LT to plant the grenade on him instead of pressing what the screen tells you which is RT for some reason. This screwed me up also and almost caused me to not get the Par Time.

PS I got all the Par Times in HALO MCC!
i am having the same dam problem and no matter what i press i get nothing it makea it even wrose when you are even sure which button to even press
It just worked I had to set controls back to default and press LT
It did't work for me and then I just mashed every button and it worked.
Agreed with "absolute garbage" comment.
Had to reset my controls to default (was boxer) then held LT. Hope it works for you guys
Use whatever you use for grenade. It was RB for my zoom and shoot set up
dRailer wrote:
Agreed with "absolute garbage" comment.
A year later and even though reported and still not fixed, that goes from feeding us garbage to wanting us to eat manure.
This REALLY annoys me. The only fault I have EVER found with Halo 4. The crap thing is that it's an easily fixable text swap rather than a massive game breaker that'll need rigourous testing.
Bug still not addressed as of today. Such a simple fix and no follow-up. Hard to believe really. Oh well, thank goodness for this thread I was able to find. 343. Are you awake? Fix this!!!
I loved this game and 5 and really enjoy all the expanded story and lore they have added to the series. Just a little follow-up. <3
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
PWEID5 wrote:
Bug still not addressed as of today. Such a simple fix and no follow-up. Hard to believe really. Oh well, thank goodness for this thread I was able to find. 343. Are you awake? Fix this!!!
I loved this game and 5 and really enjoy all the expanded story and lore they have added to the series. Just a little follow-up. <3
Too true. It is but a simple text swap.
Still present.
This is such an obvious bug. I'm surprised that it's still not fixed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2