OP GiangiXS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
2017 and this -Yoink-'s still broken with no actual fix. Loading the game in co-op is not a fix, it's a workaround, that shouldn't have to be done. This company is a joke and has tarnished the Halo franchise.
It's April 2017 and I just had this happen. I can't load Halo 4, it gets stuck loading the campaign and then takes me to main screen.

This isn't cool.
Its been 3 years, and this is still an issue. Originally happened to me on halo 3 laso campaign playlist, so i started the halo 4 laso playlist. I'm currently at the final checkpoint of composer and cannot progress further because of this stupid bug.
Its been 3 years, and this is still an issue. Originally happened to me on halo 3 laso campaign playlist, so i started the halo 4 laso playlist. I'm currently at the final checkpoint of composer and cannot progress further because of this stupid bug.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully 343 will fix this bug, amongst others, when they begin updating the game again in the spring.

In the meantime, you can resume the playlist with a second player to pick up at the start of Composer. Sadly, you won't be able to save your progress in the mission, but it's better than restarting the whole playlist. If you finish the mission with the second player, you should then be able to proceed solo once more.

I hope that this bug will be addressed shortly, and I agree that 3 years is far too long to wait. Hopefully this workaround will be sufficient in the time being.
Still happening. Game crashes when loading up saved playlist on halo 4-infinity.
Can confirm this is still happening when trying to load the Forerunner level in halo 4.
Can still confirm this is happening. Can't get past Forerunner load screen without it freezing. I wonder when the new update is coming and if it will address this issue. Come one 343! I want to believe in you but it's getting harder and harder every day that goes by without an update.
Almost 4 years now. 4 years and still this is a problem they will not give us an update for. This has happened to me on Halo 4 Mission - Shutdown and I cant play the game past it now
Is great for XBOX to give us this forum to all state the fact that HALO 4 doesn't work, but the obvious question is "DOES SOMEONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THE DAMN THING?" I'M STARING AT BLACK SCREEN. It will not start mission FORERUNNER. I just play my PS4 GOD OF WAR. No problems... I'm just mad I got suckered into buying a XBOX 1X.
4 years on and this still isn't fixed.

Me and my son have already had the MC Saga playlist crash on us. Now it's Halo 4.

His reaction? "I'll go and play Fortnite with my friends because that works".

his release of a clearly broken product doesn't just effect fans of franchises - you've effected the ability for a father and son to co op together on the sofa.
Got to halo 3 in MC saga and keeps loading onto halo CE mission 2 and tried doing co op but still has loading screen of Halo CE when pressing resume so i will probably have to restart it....
Is this still an issue? Im buying an xbox one S just for halo since reach is coming but i dont want to restart my legendary master chief saga on halo 4's 1st mission.

Is there a workaround?
Is this still an issue? Im buying an xbox one S just for halo since reach is coming but i dont want to restart my legendary master chief saga on halo 4's 1st mission.

Is there a workaround?
I have not heard new reports of this bug since the first major update last fall, so it is not likely to affect you anymore.

If it does, you should be able to get around to it by starting the mission on Co-op, completing it, and then resuming on Solo for the next several missions.

There is a different but more annoying bug, however. You must play The Maw on Solo, not Co-op, for it to count as completed. The next two missions in the playlist, The Heretic and The Armory, are not Co-op missions and mess up playlist completion progress when going through it on Co-op.

To summarize, you can play every mission of the Master Chief Saga on Co-op until Halo: CE mission The Maw. At this point, you must complete the mission solo and complete The Heretic and The Armory solo as well before resuming Co-op on Halo 2 mission Cairo Station.

Also, I just realized you said Legendary MC Saga. Since it is all of the LASO missions in CE, 2, 3, and 4, I am compiling two saves for that playlist: One at The Maw and another at Epilogue in Halo 4. Hopefully these saves will help people who encounter this issue in the playlist since it is so prevalent.

Either way, I do recommend the game despite this bug, as it is a very rewarding experience to replay the Halo games. I wish you luck with your future MCC endeavors!
Cizlin wrote:

Is there a workaround?
I have not heard new reports of this bug since the first major update last fall, so it is not likely to affect you anymore.

If it does, you should be able to get around to it by starting the mission on Co-op, completing it, and then resuming on Solo for the next several missions.

There is a different but more annoying bug, however. You must play The Maw on Solo, not Co-op, for it to count as completed. The next two missions in the playlist, The Heretic and The Armory, are not Co-op missions and mess up playlist completion progress when going through it on Co-op.

To summarize, you can play every mission of the Master Chief Saga on Co-op until Halo: CE mission The Maw. At this point, you must complete the mission solo and complete The Heretic and The Armory solo as well before resuming Co-op on Halo 2 mission Cairo Station.

Also, I just realized you said Legendary MC Saga. Since it is all of the LASO missions in CE, 2, 3, and 4, I am compiling two saves for that playlist: One at The Maw and another at Epilogue in Halo 4. Hopefully these saves will help people who encounter this issue in the playlist since it is so prevalent.

Either way, I do recommend the game despite this bug, as it is a very rewarding experience to replay the Halo games. I wish you luck with your future MCC endeavors!
Thank you so much for this detailed response, i stopped playing 2 years ago from this bug. Now i'm ready to finish this fight. I'm still apprehensive about it. Hopefully everything goes right and ill start from halo 4 on LASO MC Saga.

When you say you arw compiling saves for the maw and epilogue what do you mean?
Cizlin wrote:

Is there a workaround?

Thank you so much for this detailed response, i stopped playing 2 years ago from this bug. Now i'm ready to finish this fight. I'm still apprehensive about it. Hopefully everything goes right and ill start from halo 4 on LASO MC Saga.

I'm going to make alternate accounts that can resume at those missions with other players so that incomplete missions aren't as punishing in the Legendary MC Saga playlist. The major issue stems from The Maw not being marked as complete when done on Co-op, so I've currently got a save at that point in the playlist in case anyone needs to recomplete it.

When I finally make it through the rest of the playlist, I'll make another account to store the save at the end of the playlist. Basically, once you mark ech individual mission as complete, you have to complete the last mission in the playlist to get it to register the playlist as being complete.

Alternatively, if you make it to the end before I do, I would be interested in storing that late playlist save in case someone else envounters these bugs.

Both of these saves can be shared with other people, but the progress from preceding missions cannot, so they still have to have finished the playlist on their own before it becomes useful.

As long as the game recognizes that you have completed all prior missions in this playlist, you should be fine. Let me know if something doesn't work! I'm usually pretty good at coming up with workarounds.
Cizlin wrote:
Cizlin wrote:

Is there a workaround?

I'm going to make alternate accounts that can resume at those missions with other players so that incomplete missions aren't as punishing in the Legendary MC Saga playlist. The major issue stems from The Maw not being marked as complete when done on Co-op, so I've currently got a save at that point in the playlist in case anyone needs to recomplete it.

When I finally make it through the rest of the playlist, I'll make another account to store the save at the end of the playlist. Basically, once you mark ech individual mission as complete, you have to complete the last mission in the playlist to get it to register the playlist as being complete.

Alternatively, if you make it to the end before I do, I would be interested in storing that late playlist save in case someone else envounters these bugs.

Both of these saves can be shared with other people, but the progress from preceding missions cannot, so they still have to have finished the playlist on their own before it becomes useful.

As long as the game recognizes that you have completed all prior missions in this playlist, you should be fine. Let me know if something doesn't work! I'm usually pretty good at coming up with workarounds.
I will be more than happy to give you my save when i finish the playlist, ill be getting my xbox Apr 2nd. You can add me now if you would like. x Pulse420 x is my tag.
Same proble but worse i cant start the campaign y returns me to the loading screen and the to the menu. Also any halo 4 multiplayer related map is stuck with a black screen requiring me to exit the game and restart it.
Same proble but worse i cant start the campaign y returns me to the loading screen and the to the menu. Also any halo 4 multiplayer related map is stuck with a black screen requiring me to exit the game and restart it.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Halo 4 portion of the game? That could fix these issues.
I’m having a bit of a similar problem but with the halo 4 legendary playlist, when I resume the mission composer and finishes loading it goes into a black screen with like 5 w on the bottom right corner then goes back to the playlist screen to resume. I tried hard resetting my Xbox, playing a different playlist the coming back but still the same problem. Any help on this would be appreciated.
I’m having a bit of a similar problem but with the halo 4 legendary playlist, when I resume the mission composer and finishes loading it goes into a black screen with like 5 w on the bottom right corner then goes back to the playlist screen to resume. I tried hard resetting my Xbox, playing a different playlist the coming back but still the same problem. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Hey there! Have you tried resuming the playlist on Co-op? That causes the mission to restart, which can fix a corrupted save. Let me know if that works for you!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7