Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo 4 Mission Reclaimer Bug

OP Jaeger74

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Not sure if anyone else is encountering this problem, but whenever I play the mission Reclaimer in Halo 4 there seems to be a bug that makes it so the area after you board and destroy the Lich doesn't load. At all, as in there's no terrain, no characters, nothing, just the back drop. The area only loads when going back to the menu and loading it from checkpoint bravo. The problem is that doing this overwrites the progress in the mission and doesn't give credit for completing it. Does anyone have a fix or work around for this? Thanks in advance for any help.
Yeah that happened to me and I was like What!! but I just quit the game and restarted the mission and it was fine.
I restarted the mission three times and get the same issue, oddly enough the Lich doesn't explode either, didn't think much of it but guess that's part of the problem.
Happened to me to the ship didn't blow up either. Hopefully this could get patched
I got hit with this bug as well. Right after sabotaging the Covenant ship, it looked as if it was going to blow, but it never did. I jumped on the mammoth and when it got to the stream and asked for everyone to board, the land disappeared. The mammoth continued on, but if you jumped off it you fell into the abyss. Riding the Mammoth until it stopped caused it to disappear and I fell into oblivion again. I restarted the game and the console, but it kept on doing it. I finally had to restart at checkpoint bravo to continue on, but I lost the progress I had saved earlier. Now I'm showing one short on the Halo 4 tab for completion. Highly annoying.
yeah Ive got the exact same problem the litch is just frozen in the sky when it was supposed to explode and the mammoth flies off the map, amusing to watch but very frustrating
Yep I have the same problem. Good job 343i you released something that is broke and we probably will never get to play this like a normal game.
If you restart the mission it should fix, Thats what i did.
This happens in the Halo 4 for xbox 360 as well, once you hop off the lich and it doesn't it explode run away from the area and come back, at least that's how i fix it on the 360 version
Well i have the same trouble as you ! broken mission mission after the lich, the map don't load
I'm having the same problem,I even tried restarting the mission and it still made no difference, as the exact same thing happened again.
Same issue here; the Lich never blows up, so the game doesn't consider that section done. I even restarted the console and mission, but it didn't help. How the heck am I supposed to finish the Chief Saga playlist?
SpyAvatar wrote:
This happens in the Halo 4 for xbox 360 as well, once you hop off the lich and it doesn't it explode run away from the area and come back, at least that's how i fix it on the 360 version
Make sure you hop back onto the lich when you come back though
Hope I helped!
Sorry guys, 343 had this problem on the original Halo 4 and never bothered to fix it, so I doubt they will in the MCC either. A shame, because it completely breaks the immersion and flow of the game. Very unprofessional to leave in a game breaking bug.
i have the same problem but the lich does not even show up but the mammoth still gets hit though and im on legendary
Same issue.. about half way through the mission, the mammoth starts rolling over terrain that didn’t load (aka floating in the air).. a minute later, the mammoth disappears and there is nowhere to go but fall to your death. Tried rebooting game and console, no luck.
Its So Annoying Just Received Halo MC And Been Playing Through The Games And Now This Annoying Bug Its So Annoying Hope A Bug Fix Is Inbound
Having the same problem any ideas how to solve as wanna complete level and get achievements sort it out 343 not impressed at all
I know it doesn't help, but I played through on Heroic last night and it didn't have a problem for me. Both of the barrier jump tricks still work.
When you are playing through this mission wait until prompted before taking down the laser firing thing. Thats what fixed it in Halo4 X360
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3