Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

[Locked] Halo: CE - plasma pistol sound bug

OP Sgt Engee

The Plasma Pistol when fired semi-automatic it plays the "Charge" sound and layers on top of itself until it's distorting.

This only occurs in CE. Is anyone else having this issue?

Note: Mentioned in a post previously (linked at bottom), but I wanted to give it it's own topic. Especially if others are having the same problem. I wanted this bug more easily searchable by the community and 343.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/halo-ce-campaign-bugs/8931b28c-3761-44d1-a283-3613f11dcd59/posts?page=1#post2
Me too. I've only noticed it in campaign.
I have this happen a lot.
Same here. I just bought and started playing MCC a week ago, so I probably have the latest version. It doesn't seem to be patched.

Considering how great the remaster turned out, this is liveable.
3 years later and it’s happening to me in the campaign. Really annoying because I’m trying to do a legendary run of CE and this keeps bugging me out.
Yep getting it everytime i use the plasma pistol. But never happened before the last massive update. 343 fix please????
As of 12/31/19 this bug is not only still present, but seemingly has gotten worse somehow. I literally can't fire the plasma pistol at all without having this bug occur. It definitely wasn't this bad last time I played CE on MCC which I do yearly.
Makes me sad that Halo:CE is the most bug-ridden one in MCC, especially since I grew up with it. This bug happens every time I fire the plasma pistol.
NGSBobRoss wrote:
Makes me sad that Halo:CE is the most bug-ridden one in MCC, especially since I grew up with it. This bug happens every time I fire the plasma pistol.
Welp! Today's your lucky day. That bug is completely patched as of today's bug fix update. No more plasma ringing in my ears at least. Can't speak for anyone else tho.
This bug is still present in the PC version.
Still present on the PC version, tested today, 3/4/2020
Played today. Still present. Very loud and annoying through the entire game.
Still present in the PC version. I was playing Truth and Reconciliation last night and it cropped up on me. An annoying bug in otherwise very nice game. :-(
This bug will always survive 343's reign of terror. Long live the bug! :D
Please don't revive old topics thanks