Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Halo CE Mission 5 keeps shutting down my XboxOne X

OP Venom4068

Hi.

I have Halo CE: which I have been playing the campaign on my Xbox One X. I'm at Mission 5: Assault on the Control Room. The problem is when I load up from the save point I get to play for a bit, but as soon I try to move past a certain point on the map to the checkpoint I get a black screen and the Xbox shuts down. I have tried playing through multiple times, in different ways, taking different paths, killing different enemies and this happens over and over again. I would really like to continue my game as Halo is one of my old favourites and I don't want to restart from scratch but this has been so frustrating - any other game I would have given up by now. Is 343i still looking into bug fixing and does anybody have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thank you.
Are you in the Xbox One Insider Program?
I think so.
The app on the Xbox gave me access to preview build of Halo and Minecraft - although I removed the Halo preview and I'm playing the regular game.
I *believe* the game randomly shutting down your console is an issue with the console Preview Program, not the game.

Check out r/xboxinsiders for more information.
I encountered the same problem as you exactly today. I'm using the stable version and I've noticed several things
When you have to face the first bansee ever in Mission 5 just before it explodes the Xbox goes off every time. I stress that I enabled the 4k hdr10. I tried to disable the 4k using 1080p is the Xbox will not turn off anymore! So I confirm that the problem persists
I *believe* the game randomly shutting down your console is an issue with the console Preview Program, not the game.

Check out r/xboxinsiders for more information.
Thanks for your tip snickerdoodle. I posted my question in Xbox Insiders and their moderators locked the topic for being off-topic. I also submitted a help claim through the game. I do appreciate you trying to help but it's really disappointing that there is no path forward. The forum of the company that make the game won't help fix their biggest game and I'm stuck. I hope there is a different approach with Xbox Scarlett.
So there's no way to be heard to try to solve this serious problem? I would add that I encountered the same problem even shortly after the start of Mission 8 (Halo CE)
An update and a workaround that worked for me, maybe it will for you too!

I restarted the level from the beginning hoping it might help but within 5 - 30 seconds the level would shut down my Xbox One. Halo: MCC allows you to jump to any level you want and I could have used this to jump to mission 6 I didn't want to lose my progress and feel that I missed it.

In a last ditch effort I booted my Xbox, went to continue my game but before starting I switched the graphics to original graphics (and I think the music too) and I completed the entire level like that and I didn't have any crashes. Yes, you don't get the updated visuals but the graphics looked fine to me and it made me remember how much fun it was the first time. I will try the next level with full graphics.

So, if there are any 343i developers that read this then this needs to be investigated: Xbox One X playing Halo MCC, Halo CE Mission 5 with the updated graphics can crash regularly, but doesn't with original graphics.

I will be trying the next mission with full graphics and hope it works.
Venom4068 wrote:
An update and a workaround that worked for me, maybe it will for you too!I restarted the level from the beginning hoping it might help but within 5 - 30 seconds the level would shut down my Xbox One. Halo: MCC allows you to jump to any level you want and I could have used this to jump to mission 6 I didn't want to lose my progress and feel that I missed it.

In a last ditch effort I booted my Xbox, went to continue my game but before starting I switched the graphics to original graphics (and I think the music too) and I completed the entire level like that and I didn't have any crashes. Yes, you don't get the updated visuals but the graphics looked fine to me and it made me remember how much fun it was the first time. I will try the next level with full graphics.

So, if there are any 343i developers that read this then this needs to be investigated: Xbox One X playing Halo MCC, Halo CE Mission 5 with the updated graphics can crash regularly, but doesn't with original graphics.

I will be trying the next mission with full graphics and hope it works.
I was getting crashes on the same level as you I'm also getting them on the next one aswell lol....