Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Halo CEA PC Co-Op CONNECTION INTERRUPTED

OP YuseSale

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
When trying to play co-op campaign with my friend, we keep getting disconnected from the session before the mission begins (right when loading screen finishes).
The message we both see is: "The connection to your game session was interrupted"
YuseSale wrote:
When trying to play co-op campaign with my friend, we keep getting disconnected from the session before the mission begins (right when loading screen finishes).
The message we both see is: "The connection to your game session was interrupted"
You playing on the mcc insider version or the normal release version?
Cistola wrote:
YuseSale wrote:
The full released version. I don't even have access to the insider now.
I'm trying to play Pillar of Autumn on Legendary with my friend (co-op).
Just tried it again now, and it still doesn't work. This is a shame because we both bough this game because we wanted to play the campaign together.
Since we can't even do that, we've both wasted our money. 343 please respond to at least acknowledge the problem.
YuseSale wrote:
Cistola wrote:
YuseSale wrote:
The full released version. I don't even have access to the insider now.
I'm trying to play Pillar of Autumn on Legendary with my friend (co-op).
Just tried it again now, and it still doesn't work. This is a shame because we both bough this game because we wanted to play the campaign together.
Since we can't even do that, we've both wasted our money. 343 please respond to at least acknowledge the problem.
Hope 343 to resolved It
YuseSale wrote:
Having the same issue
Same here, it works sometimes and sometimes it does not, I have a fiber connection and my friend uses wireless but only he can host for some reason, if I do, the game just disconnects us from the server, then if we do get to play while my friend hosts, I have considerable ping because his connection doesn't support hosting that well.
My friend and I also experienced this error.
The solution turned out to be port forwarding.
We each signed into our routers and forwarded the ports listed in the link below. In our case we were on Steam so we forwarded those ports.
Worked flawlessly afterwards.
Would be sweet if UPNP worked like it should so this wasn't necessary, but here we are.

https://portforward.com/halo-the-master-chief-collection/
Surjjicle wrote:
My friend and I also experienced this error.
The solution turned out to be port forwarding.
We each signed into our routers and forwarded the ports listed in the link below. In our case we were on Steam so we forwarded those ports.
Worked flawlessly afterwards.
Would be sweet if UPNP worked like it should so this wasn't necessary, but here we are.

https://portforward.com/halo-the-master-chief-collection/
We are both on the same router and play on LAN, do we still have to do this?
YuseSale wrote:
I don't know if it'll work for you, but me and my friend had this problem also.

We found it weird why before we had no problem playing coop on Halo : Reach a few months before. We remembered that we turned off "Relays" in the Network Settings when we wanted to play online pvp. So we turned it back on and it worked.

Hoped this worked for you.
My friend and I are having this same issue, but oddly it's only for The Maw. Every other mission works fine for us but The Maw gives us a connection interruption message. We've restarted Steam/PCs, validated game files, changed who was hosting, tried every weird "solution" others have posted online. Nothing works.
I am having this same issue also. Its a shame that this game is in such poor condition.
YuseSale wrote:
I had this issue during the Halo 1 flight. I fixed it by reinstalling my drivers. Maybe also updating your driver will do the trick too. I would get your friend to do it as well in case theirs is the problem. There's no real way to tell which of the two drivers need updating. Lemme know if this helped!
I'm also having the same issue with my friend and it's only The Maw. Updated all my drivers, restarted my computer, turned "Relays" ON. Nothing worked. We got close to finishing the mission once a few days ago but the connection was interrupted again. No issues with either of our internet and xbox live is connected. I hope 343 fixes this ASAP because it's unfortunate that I can't help my friend finish CE when it's his first time playing it.
II have figured this problem out after days and days of trying and searching for a connection interrupted glitch the problem was a load time time-out error, because my game was loading quicker than my friends the game was disconnecting us as a way to fight poor connection issues. he transferred his game to a SSD for faster load times and it has solved our issue. So consider your hardware when playing with a friend in terms of SSD or HDD and try and have a quick load to fight being kicked. We have had 0 connection issues since this was done and are now enjoying the game after 3 days of trying fixes. Hope this can help anyone else in need.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Ignore my screams for help I was desperate to play the game with my friend late at night.
I'm facing this problem as well. The thing is, I can co-op when my friend and I play Reach but the moment we try to play CE together, the connection gets interrupted.
My friend and I are going through all the legendary difficulties on every game, we’ve completed Reach and CE without any disconnection problems.We hopped on Halo 2 and we can’t even go through the first cutscene without being kicked back to the main menu with a message that says “your connection was interrupted”. We’ve reset our wifi, xbox, everything but we always get this issue. What happens is we start lagging and freeze and then the game just boots us out, if 343 could address this issue and fix it or if anyone has any advice, the Halo community would highly appreciate it.
I cant believe in 2020 a AAA game company cant sort out simple P2P connections. The absolute state of 343 studios.
Same issue here. Halo 2 Anniversary
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3