[Locked] Halo MCC - Server Investigation

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I've just installed MCC on an Xbox One X, all network checks are fine, NAT open

Every matchmaking fails with "unable to retrieve players information"?

Any tips?
I just can't find any match... I live in Lisbon, Portugal (Europe) and I can only play slayer in South America servers... Everyone is enjoying the game playing all gamemodes like Infection, BTB & Action Sack... I have this problem for 5 months and still to this day no one answered me. I get mad because I see a lot of European youtubers with 0 problems.
Has anyone els been being banned for exiting out of a game an coming back later? I exited out of big team battle bc I had to do something and I come back and it says I’ve been banned for 30 min. I’m new to halo MCC so is that a coming thing or is it just me
That is a thing... If you exit games you'll get banned for some time
Ever since i reinstalled halo mcc over 3 months ago ive never been able to connect to a server it always just tells me "network connection failed try again later" i have no idea why this is happening my xbox can play every other game online no problems. i tried using my phone as a hotspot to see if it was something in my internet blocking me but nope still didnt work. havent seen anyone else have this problem so i have no idea what to do as there is basically no options in the settings. any ideas would be very much appreciated
I have the exact same problem... Everyone is playing all gamemodes fine but I can only find Slayer in South America servers
Has anyone els been being banned for exiting out of a game an coming back later? I exited out of big team battle bc I had to do something and I come back and it says I’ve been banned for 30 min. I’m new to halo MCC so is that a coming thing or is it just me
That is a thing... If you exit games you'll get banned for some time
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
Still somehow always losing my connection first match resulting in a ban, then after that (hopefully this remains the case) all games are fine.
Like the above poster, I'm consistently losing connection with games. I don't experience any lag or rubberbanding. The game just seems to decide at a certain point to kick me to the main menu and issue me a temp ban. Really frustrating. I have decent internet and don't experience this issue with any online game but MCC.
This happens to me all the time has 343 responded to this issue recently? I can play for hours on end then suddenly I'm told I lost connection to xbox live and removed from the game and banned. This repeats till the ban is 12 hours and after that the game usually works. Internet is perfect and I just jump on to and download other online games with perfect Internet during the bans.
Recently its happened 2 days in a row.
Sadly no middle East server the ping here is 300 come on how can I play like this 🤪 I'm done no more Halo games for me
I live in west coast but getting central or east coast?
Any time I matchmake into a game of mcc it places me on the east us server event though I live in Europe and the ping to both European servers is either half or less than half of any us servers, this leads to horrible lag while playing at times with issues ranging from shots not landing, to spawning in late at the start of matches to player models teleporting and items appearing multiple times in the kill feed or shots not registering on myself so all my health drops at once from seemingly a single br burst,
does anyone know a way to fix this or set your own matchmaking region?
Like the above poster, I'm consistently losing connection with games. I don't experience any lag or rubberbanding. The game just seems to decide at a certain point to kick me to the main menu and issue me a temp ban. Really frustrating. I have decent internet and don't experience this issue with any online game but MCC.
This has been happening to me for days. I got a 16 hour ban. :)

I don't understand how Halo 5: Guardians, a game that has way more going on, doesn't kick me out like that, but Halo: CE does lol.
This happens to me all the time has 343 responded to this issue recently? I can play for hours on end then suddenly I'm told I lost connection to xbox live and removed from the game and banned. This repeats till the ban is 12 hours and after that the game usually works. Internet is perfect and I just jump on to and download other online games with perfect Internet during the bans.
The exact same thing is happening to me right now. I have no idea what's going on.
Sadly no middle East server the ping here is 300 come on how can I play like this 🤪 I'm done no more Halo games for me
I feel you. I'm in Egypt, and I keep connecting to East US 2.
GN EXIA117 wrote:
I live in Egypt and I keeping getting East US 2 lol.
Any time I matchmake into a game of mcc it places me on the east us server event though I live in Europe and the ping to both European servers is either half or less than half of any us servers, this leads to horrible lag while playing at times with issues ranging from shots not landing, to spawning in late at the start of matches to player models teleporting and items appearing multiple times in the kill feed or shots not registering on myself so all my health drops at once from seemingly a single br burst,
There is no way to do that at the moment, but I'm also confused as to why I keep getting connected to East US 2 servers. My timezone in Egypt is very close to the timezone of European and British countries, so I'm confident that I search for games around the same time people from Europe or the UK search for games--and yet somehow, I never get a game on European servers. I find it really bizarre. If possible, I would like to try searching with you and other people in our general vicinity to see if we can get a European server. If our lobby is mostly comprised of EU players and we still get an East US 2 server, there must be something wrong.
Live on the West Coast, and I get US East like 70% of my games and Central maybe the other 20, with west being like 10 percent. I love this game but man is it super rough when my ping is always 70
omarlotrc wrote:
This has been happening to me for days. I got a 16 hour ban. :)

I don't understand how Halo 5: Guardians, a game that has way more going on, doesn't kick me out like that, but Halo: CE does lol.
The exact same thing is happening to me right now. I have no idea what's going on.
I feel you. I'm in Egypt, and I keep connecting to East US 2.
GN EXIA117 wrote:
I live in Egypt and I keeping getting East US 2 lol.
There is no way to do that at the moment, but I'm also confused as to why I keep getting connected to East US 2 servers. My timezone in Egypt is very close to the timezone of European and British countries, so I'm confident that I search for games around the same time people from Europe or the UK search for games--and yet somehow, I never get a game on European servers. I find it really bizarre. If possible, I would like to try searching with you and other people in our general vicinity to see if we can get a European server. If our lobby is mostly comprised of EU players and we still get an East US 2 server, there must be something wrong.
the Azure East US 2 have a high Latency 303ms its worst

halo reach is coming :( this is very bad

you can check your Latency in the link below

http://www.azurespeed.com/Azure/Latency
The dedicated servers are a joke. The connections were far better when it was on P2P hosts - and they were terrible. And why is EVERY game played on East US 2?

I honestly believe the "dedicated servers" are just a support for the hosts, and aren't actually dedicated in themselves. Every game is on EAST US 2, but the connections are heavily inconsistent. There'll be people tele-strafing everywhere like Goku doing an Instant Transmission, there'll be a half-second delay on everything, tying melees in out of the question, one person will just be an absolute powerhouse - out-of-this-WORLD sponging (I had a guy eat a god damn rocket to the mouth, I've had people eat a 'nade under their foot followed by 4-point blank BRs - don't get me started on the Sniper bloodshots). No, the dedicated servers aren't dedicated - and I will adamantly believe this until someone can give me an explanation for this absolute putrid filth I see every game.
The dedicated servers are a joke. The connections were far better when it was on P2P hosts - and they were terrible. And why is EVERY game played on East US 2?

I honestly believe the "dedicated servers" are just a support for the hosts, and aren't actually dedicated in themselves. Every game is on EAST US 2, but the connections are heavily inconsistent. There'll be people tele-strafing everywhere like Goku doing an Instant Transmission, there'll be a half-second delay on everything, tying melees in out of the question, one person will just be an absolute powerhouse - out-of-this-WORLD sponging (I had a guy eat a god damn rocket to the mouth, I've had people eat a 'nade under their foot followed by 4-point blank BRs - don't get me started on the Sniper bloodshots). No, the dedicated servers aren't dedicated - and I will adamantly believe this until someone can give me an explanation for this absolute putrid filth I see every game.
same for me the EU server is lower ping and the game always connect to East US 2 all the time, the Latency reading is different between Azure website and halo mcc witch is fishy

same for me the EU server is lower ping and the game always connect to East US 2 all the time, the Latency reading is different between Azure website and halo mcc witch is fishy
I don't get what relevance the last half of that sentence has, but yeah, I have about 3 servers that are better. But here comes East US 2!
Connection To my East US 2 is so very bad I use to get a solid 70ping on It now I'm only getting 90 - 111 on east only two states away... It's been like this for about 9 months and its not my connection because its been the same as it has always been :'( I would feel so much better if i knew why I went from 70ping to 90+ without any network change on my end :(
x Niosos x wrote:
Live on the West Coast, and I get US East like 70% of my games and Central maybe the other 20, with west being like 10 percent. I love this game but man is it super rough when my ping is always 70
I wish i could get 70 on my east :/
<p></p>
Hello I have recently returned to the halo franchise after taking a break and have had considerable problems with the servers I live in England and I am totally unable to play the multiplayer aspect of master chief collection and halo 5 I get a contacting server message on mcc that persists infinitely I’ve tried reinstalling the game and it’s counterpar halo 5 I’ve tried clearing the save caches factory resetting my Xbox and none of these have worked this issue has been with me since 7 months ago and I still am unable to log in I would really like some help to resolve this issue because having spent over £150 on both games and in game content being enthralled by the storylines created by both 343 and bungie alike, being unable to play my favourite franchises multiplayer is a severe issue for me
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3