Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Halo MCC Competitive Rank Keeps Resetting

OP Kerberoast

Two days in a row now my ranked level keeps resetting after I close the game.

Began happening two days ago (3/14/20) after reaching level 11 in hardcore team slayer and then closing the game for the night. Logged back in yesterday 3/15/20) and my rank was back to level 1. Thought nothing of it being that it was no big deal to get to level 11, and played again until level 10 before heading off for the night. I JUST logged back in and my rank is now level 1 again...WTF. Complete -Yoink-. There is 0 incentive to want to even play this game if my competitive rank is going to keep resetting.

I just submitted a ticket to the team. Is this happening to anyone else?
Also just tested and confirmed that its every time the game closes. I started today back at rank 1. Won the first game of today, reached rank 2. Closed to game, re-opened through Steam, and again reset back to rank 1.

Seriously what the -Yoink-?
Rank keeps reseting back to a 9 from a 16 after playing all night ...so i spent a total of 12 hours in 1 day of playing ranked for nothing...is noone else going through this?also my kills have not moved in 3 days only xp for your dumb halo reach rank they put in next to your gamertag...so whats going on?and this is happening on xbox 1 to me.. not pc....
This has also happend to me
Same for me

XBOX 1
Same here I keep having to get my 50 back which is extremely annoying someone needs to fix this -Yoink-
Same issue for me on PC
I'm am so sick of having my rank reset and I have searched everywhere for a solution. It completely ruins the game for me honestly. This bug is completely unacceptable and numerous people are being affected. Can this be fixed asap please?
Does anyone on the support team even care? I was really looking forward to the H2 pc release but if there isn't even a functioning ranking system then whats the point? Social playlists really get tiresome.
Anyone?
My rank increased after I removed some firewall settings but then reset again the next close after I mimicked the firewall settings a second time. Confusing me even more. Is anyone going to reply to this thread or the ticket I and others sent in?
Hi,

Same since Halo Reach launch on PC : https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/rank-reset-every-time-i-close-the-game-day-19/2dd7435f-06fe-4964-9065-bd9d51120595/posts?page=1#post3
Already open a ticket in the support, they say me they know the issue and they looking for some fix ...
I reinstalled Windows two times but still here, I don't play hardcore now and a lot of players have this issue
What they are doing ? xD Since the launch come on ...
What about when Halo 2 is released? I wonder how many people this happens to and they just stop playing forever.
Kerberoast wrote:
Two days in a row now my ranked level keeps resetting after I close the game.

Began happening two days ago (3/14/20) after reaching level 11 in hardcore team slayer and then closing the game for the night. Logged back in yesterday 3/15/20) and my rank was back to level 1. Thought nothing of it being that it was no big deal to get to level 11, and played again until level 10 before heading off for the night. I JUST logged back in and my rank is now level 1 again...WTF. Complete -Yoink-. There is 0 incentive to want to even play this game if my competitive rank is going to keep resetting.

I just submitted a ticket to the team. Is this happening to anyone else?
Why does this happen any idea? I keep getting to a lvl 2 in Halo 2 A on PC and I just got the game and can't lvl up it keeps putting me back to a 1 when i played ranked reach it never did this to me?
With Halo 2 Update, It never happen to me anymore