Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Halo MCC Looping sound then Crash

OP natmish

I wanted to come back to MCC PC after a couple of months (Because of H3 Of course) but now I remember why I stopped playing, there is this annoying problem. I just play Halo Reach ( Don't know if it happens on H3 too I didn't check because I bought it today earlier.) I was on the Halo Support site and I didn't find this problem mentioned there what happens is my game freezes the sound is getting lower and then it start looping background sounds and gives me this error: "LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 200] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')" Picture of the message https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/712301741349273612/740709416399143002/unknown.png
I hope I can resolve this and go back to playing Halo 10 Hours a day

EDIT: I can't close the game in task manager, I have to restart the PC which is also a bit annoying
Hey OP, a quick search on this seems to indicate that it's potentially related to your graphics card. I would double check that your graphics drives are up to date for whatever card you have.

Would also make sure Windows version is up to date - should be Version 2004, build 19041 (May 2020 Update)
You can check versions by pressing Windows key + R, type winver and press enter
stckrboy wrote:
Hey OP, a quick search on this seems to indicate that it's potentially related to your graphics card. I would double check that your graphics drives are up to date for whatever card you have.

Would also make sure Windows version is up to date - should be Version 2004, build 19041 (May 2020 Update)
You can check versions by pressing Windows key + R, type winver and press enter
thanks for responding, I just checked and it appears my windows isn't up to date for some reason.
and I have a GTX 760 its updated and so Is my integrated graphics, so I hope the windows update thing will fix it, Im downloading the update now.
thanks for responding !