Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Halo MCC says Halo: Reach is not installed.

OP K Bomb omb

Hello. I recently downloaded the very large update for The MCC. It says I have all the games installed including Reach. However, when I go to play either multiplayer or the Reach campaign, it says I do not have it installed.

I don't know how to fix this issue and have already tried searching online. I don't know if uninstalling and reinstalling will work because I've done that for Reach already. But, I don't want to do it for the full game if I don't have to.

If anyone knows how to fix this or has any suggestions it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Currently having the same problem. Did you find a fix?
Hi. Same problem here. Tried to install it 5 times, still doesn't work.
I played beta and never had such issue.
Having the same issue on the Xbox One.
Uninstalled and reinstalled Halo MCC and Reach multiple times and it still doesn't work.
Hope there's a patch or something coming out
I’m having the same problem. This is a huge issue because I purchased the game and installed it and it still says I have content missing
Having the same issue with both Reach and ODST on an original Xbox One. It’s especially frustrating as I already had ODST installed and could play the game, but now it’s not recognized.
Dec 18 and this is still an issue. Weirdly my multiplayer can do reach just find but ever since i cancelled my gamepass it won't let me play the campaign even tho i specifically paid for the game.
Having the same issue!
Same issue, even now. It reads as installed until I leave “view game and add-ons.” It then moves back into the “ready to install” tab.
Same issue here, i installed mcc again.. Not solved
Same issue here. Anyone have a solution yet?
Welcome to several months into 2020 and the issue is still here for me. how could they legally sell this mess they call a game
SAME PROBLEM!
So I called up Microsoft and they helped me! It works now. Here are the steps....
Lets start with the obvious, First make sure everything is updated (windows and game)

Run this command in Powershell
Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/powershell-command-to-restore-all-windows-store/9bad1b48-2196-45a9-a1ec-f3deb19ea166

press Win+R and run this file WSReset.exe (Clear Store Cache for Default Apps)

download and install CCleaner and run registry cleaner

I think the last one did the fix I had a fresh win 10 install and somehow had a bunch of missing dlls
after that the game was working :D
Hope this helps the next poor soul
So I called up Microsoft and they helped me! It works now. Here are the steps....
Lets start with the obvious, First make sure everything is updated (windows and game)

Run this command in Powershell
Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/powershell-command-to-restore-all-windows-store/9bad1b48-2196-45a9-a1ec-f3deb19ea166

press Win+R and run this file WSReset.exe (Clear Store Cache for Default Apps)

download and install CCleaner and run registry cleaner

I think the last one did the fix I had a fresh win 10 install and somehow had a bunch of missing dlls
after that the game was working :D
Hope this helps the next poor soul
are you serious?!?!?!

I won't have a fresh windows install for a game that should just be patched. Even that method on using CCleaner I dont know what the heck is that, why microsoft is relying on third party software?

what a POS

anyone have another solution?