Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Halo Reach Game pass PC, How to disable intro vid?

OP Popa2caps

Hello, i keep crashing on Halo Reach and i hate watching the intro movie. I found what people are doing on steam to disable it by renaming the file FMS logo micrososft 7_1bk2, but windows won't let me change or delete it. I gave myself access to the windowsapp folder, but can't seem to change it.

any help with how i would go and remove this file so i can start the game without the intro?
So i guess most PC gamers don't post on this site i take it? With no replies i'm guessing it's all console people just look at my post like it's hieroglyphics. o.0 I fixed my issue by the way. I used Revo Uninstaller to remove Xbox Beta, Xbox Live, everything Xbox from my PC. Booted up steam, good to go.

No more access issues on my own computer. No more fake gaming / xbox / dvr services running in the background. It's so nice now. It almost feels like windows 7.

I did say almost...
Popa2caps wrote:
So i guess most PC gamers don't post on this site i take it? With no replies i'm guessing it's all console people just look at my post like it's hieroglyphics. o.0 I fixed my issue by the way. I used Revo Uninstaller to remove Xbox Beta, Xbox Live, everything Xbox from my PC. Booted up steam, good to go.

No more access issues on my own computer. No more fake gaming / xbox / dvr services running in the background. It's so nice now. It almost feels like windows 7.

I did say almost...
I know I'm super late and no, hardly any PC players play, but you can rename or delete the bootup files. I'm not sure if anti-cheat will detect it though. I just spam A on my controller or spam my mouse clicks until they're gone because I'm not trying to get banned or something from just trying to cut back on load times.