'm going to be living In India for a year so I decided to bring my Xbox with me to play Halo MCC. The problem is my ping is terrible and I'm not sure how to fix it,

My network statistics

Download speed: 19.78

Upload speed: 3.45

Packet loss: 0%

MTU: 1492

Latency: 220 ms

Wireless Strength: 68%

When I moved closer to my router everything else improved except for my ping even when I did a wired connection. Is it possible to get a solid ping for Halo MCC in South India? Do I switch to another ISP? I NEED MY HALO FIX PEOPLE IM AN ADDICT!
Ingorth wrote:
'm going to be living In India for a year so I decided to bring my Xbox with me to play Halo MCC. The problem is my ping is terrible and I'm not sure how to fix it,

My network statistics

Download speed: 19.78

Upload speed: 3.45

Packet loss: 0%

MTU: 1492

Latency: 220 ms

Wireless Strength: 68%

When I moved closer to my router everything else improved except for my ping even when I did a wired connection. Is it possible to get a solid ping for Halo MCC in South India? Do I switch to another ISP? I NEED MY HALO FIX PEOPLE IM AN ADDICT!
You can´t get a better ping because it depends of the location of the server; if the server is very far from your device, well, you're going to have a bad ping.
Spoiler:
Show
I Hunter Zx I is correct in stating that the distance you are from the server is the ultimate factor in how good/bad your ping will be. However, the amount of time a packet takes to go from one jump to the next also affects ping.

I see a "Wireless Strength" stat mentioned and it doesn't seem too good strength-wise. Really, the only thing you can do that will make a difference is switch from wireless to using an Ethernet cable. That should make a difference; however, I'm not sure how much of a difference there will be, given your location.

Best of luck to you!
Are you sure it has to do with my location? When I go to my network settings in MCC it shows a list of server pings here it is.

Southeast Asia: 41 ms

West Japan: 107 ms

Southeast Australia: 131 ms

East Australia: 142 ms

West Europe: 149

North Europe: 158 ms

West US: 207 ms

East US: 220 MS

North Central US: 244 ms

South US: 247 ms

South Brazil: 330 ms

So it shows that I can get a decent ping on some of the servers but for some reason, I'm getting 220 ms. So I'm thinking it's either my isp or my equipment. Why is it not connecting me to a server with decent ping?
Hmm, that is odd. Are you sure that you're connecting to the 220 MS server in-game? It could just be a fluke on the XBox One's own network test. The game does show exactly what server you're connecting to in the loading screens as of the latest patch.

If you are connecting to a high ping server, then it seems you're likely getting connected to servers in the United States. This could be due to low traffic on servers closer to you, thus the game expanding its search parameters to find a match. I really see no reason for your ISP to be purposefully redirecting your internet traffic to the US.

Though, I do have a suggestion that might resolve the issue showing up in the XBox One's network test. Did you go into your XBox One's settings and change your region to India? If not: go to Settings, then go to System, then Language & Location, select the region you're in, and the hit the Restart now option. Hopefully, that will resolve the issue.