Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

How about you fix the campaign issues.

OP JackalopeTamer

This is ridiculous, 343. How about you take a few moments, stop tweaking your multiplayer issues, and fix the problems in your campaign system. Just for myself, I've got:
Achievements for co-op unlocking that I've not earned.
Even though every level in Halo 4 displays that I've beaten it on Legendary, The achievement tracker (both in game and the achievement app) still says I have one level unfinished and no way to know which level is it.
Your system somehow registering that my tag is it's own co-op partner (let the stupidity of that sink in, go ahead) has screwed me out of the Lone Wolf Legend achievement.
The moronic idea to force the game to stop, jump to the Halo Channel, and then play the cut scene for the terminals has forced me to shut down and lose game progress, I don't know how many times, because it locks up my XBOX ONE. What code monkey thought that was intelligent?

Add these to the DOZENS of issues other folks are reporting, and I've got to ask, what is our money going to? You do realize that the folks playing the campaigns are paying customers as well, right? You sit back and post one single forum addressing a few issues, here and there, and then don't ever actually fix it. That's not acceptable from a business standpoint, and it sure as heck isn't acceptable from a customer standpoint.
Enough excuses. Give us the functioning game we paid for, or start issuing refunds.

Edit one: I stand corrected. Going through my service record on here, I can see what mission it says I did not complete in Halo 4 and also what missions it says I magically completed in co-op. Still no excuse for this.
Oh lord, I always pray that the game doesn't crash when I open a terminal. What a silly idea.
This is ridiculous, 343. How about you take a few moments, stop tweaking your multiplayer issues, and fix the problems in your campaign system. Just for myself, I've got:
Even though every level in Halo 4 displays that I've beaten it on Legendary, The achievement tracker (both in game and the achievement app) still says I have one level unfinished and no way to know which level is it.
Your system somehow registering that my tag is it's own co-op partner (let the stupidity of that sink in, go ahead) has screwed me out of the Lone Wolf Legend achievement.
The moronic idea to force the game to stop, jump to the Halo Channel, and then play the cut scene for the terminals has forced me to shut down and lose game progress, I don't know how many times, because it locks up my XBOX ONE. What code monkey thought that was intelligent?

Add these to the DOZENS of issues other folks are reporting, and I've got to ask, what is our money going to? You do realize that the folks playing the campaigns are paying customers as well, right? You sit back and post one single forum addressing a few issues, here and there, and then don't ever actually fix it. That's not acceptable from a business standpoint, and it sure as heck isn't acceptable from a customer standpoint.
Enough excuses. Give us the functioning game we paid for, or start issuing refunds.

Edit one: I stand corrected. Going through my service record on here, I can see what mission it says I did not complete in Halo 4 and also what missions it says I magically completed in co-op. Still no excuse for this.
Trust me dude i know your pain, but 343 arent the ones who'd do refunds. HOWEVER, they might lose money if people trade in the MCC at gamestop, as long as they have their receipts.
Keep wishing. Multiplayer is more important to 343. And it's unfortunate that Master Chief is on the backburner even though this game is about Chief and his story. Good job 343. They should stop hiring all these mlg people and start hiring people that know how to make a damn game.

Trust me dude i know your pain, but 343 arent the ones who'd do refunds. HOWEVER, they might lose money if people trade in the MCC at gamestop, as long as they have their receipts.
True, but they would be a major factor involved if Microsoft was to issue refunds to the online customers, which I sadly am. I have nothing to trade in.
GOGO 101 wrote:
Oh lord, I always pray that the game doesn't crash when I open a terminal. What a silly idea.
I'm glad I'm finally done with them. Looking at my service record, I notice that on the levels where it didn't crash the system to open the terminal, it's coincidentally the same levels that have my score logged as coop, not solo. Such a screwed up idea on how to execute a good storyline element.
Keep wishing. Multiplayer is more important to 343. And it's unfortunate that Master Chief is on the backburner even though this game is about Chief and his story. Good job 343. They should stop hiring all these mlg people and start hiring people that know how to make a damn game.
It's clearly more important to them, and that's the problem. I spent $60 knowing that I wouldn't even touch multiplayer until I was satisfied with what I had done in the campaigns, as I know others do. It's absurd that 343 is so willing to dismiss the gamers like myself even though we paid just as much money as everyone else who haven't even played a single mission.
Join the club.

The campaign is pretty much broken. I finished all campaign levels in heroic (didnt wanna waste time playing legendary since the achievement for that is not working.), so I did just for the fun. But, as everything related to this title, the fun factor is compromised. I didnt unlock ANY achievement related to complete all campaign levels, for any game. I have to play some levels again and again just because the SAVE is not working properly. Sometimes, the game just crash...

And the coop is compromised. Its very hard to be able to finish a single level in that mode. And its even more messed up than single campaign. There is a annoying sound bug that make the game irritating, sounds like we are playing underwater. Weird. Lets talk about that stupid score... WHY not do it like the old and succesfull games? Why mix speed with points? Make a "Halo Kart" game for that.

And I dont believe 343 doesnt care about the campaign... they have a whole line of products related with this. If they do, they are more clueless than I thought was possible. They spend a lot of money producing live action series to promote the game. If they pay more attention to multiplayer than the campaign, Im sorry to say, but Halo will die sooner than we think. (BTW, so far I wasn't able to watch Nightfall, since this crap app called Halo Channel fail to recognize my right to watch it. But this, I will resolve in a more properly manner)

To me, this game is pretty much dead. I just lost my interest in it. Finished the campaign, and thats that. Dont care about the matchmaking anymore, and lost all appetite in the H5 beta.

And I no way I will buy Halo 5 on Day One. I will look for a used copy.
Join the club.

The campaign is pretty much broken. I finished all campaign levels in heroic (didnt wanna waste time playing legendary since the achievement for that is not working.), so I did just for the fun. But, as everything related to this title, the fun factor is compromised. I didnt unlock ANY achievement related to complete all campaign levels, for any game. I have to play some levels again and again just because the SAVE is not working properly. Sometimes, the game just crash...

And the coop is compromised. Its very hard to be able to finish a single level in that mode. And its even more messed up than single campaign. There is a annoying sound bug that make the game irritating, sounds like we are playing underwater. Weird. Lets talk about that stupid score... WHY not do it like the old and succesfull games? Why mix speed with points? Make a "Halo Kart" game for that.

And I dont believe 343 doesnt care about the campaign... they have a whole line of products related with this. If they do, they are more clueless than I thought was possible. They spend a lot of money producing live action series to promote the game. If they pay more attention to multiplayer than the campaign, Im sorry to say, but Halo will die sooner than we think. (BTW, so far I wasn't able to watch Nightfall, since this crap app called Halo Channel fail to recognize my right to watch it. But this, I will resolve in a more properly manner)

To me, this game is pretty much dead. I just lost my interest in it. Finished the campaign, and thats that. Dont care about the matchmaking anymore, and lost all appetite in the H5 beta.

And I no way I will buy Halo 5 on Day One. I will look for a used copy.
The way I look at it, the lack of progress with the campaign issues means one of two things. They don't have the staff available to fix the campaign issues, or the staff isn't being held accountable for the campaign issues. Add either of those to the ridiculous amounts of simple "tweaks" (not the major MM issues) and I can't help but see it as 343 deciding to brush off the campaign players. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you, it's a monumental mistake on their part to be shafting us like this, but it seems clear to me that their only interest is in keeping the matchmaking players happy. The rest of us just gave them our money so they could ignore us.
I've been wondering this myself, and getting increasingly concerned as each week a new patch comes out that is exclusively multiplayer fixes. I realize MP gets given the priority, but they could throw a bone to those of us who bought the game for the campaign and fix a few of the more horrendous campaign bugs - such as black screens on resume, saves not working (can't tell you how many times I got to repeat levels of Halo 2 when the "resume" took me to the mission start). I'm ready to start Halo 3 and was holding off for a bit hoping some of the really game breaking bugs would be fixed for campaign. Not looking that way I guess.
DesPaws wrote:
I've been wondering this myself, and getting increasingly concerned as each week a new patch comes out that is exclusively multiplayer fixes. I realize MP gets given the priority, but they could throw a bone to those of us who bought the game for the campaign and fix a few of the more horrendous campaign bugs - such as black screens on resume, saves not working (can't tell you how many times I got to repeat levels of Halo 2 when the "resume" took me to the mission start). I'm ready to start Halo 3 and was holding off for a bit hoping some of the really game breaking bugs would be fixed for campaign. Not looking that way I guess.
Yeah, sadly, I don't think it's going to get any better anytime soon. I'm stuck between deciding to play the last three missions of 4 again, or waiting to see if they patch it so I can get my lone wolf achievement out of the way.
Campaign is not what keeps Halo around, multiplayer is what keeps the game going. Without multiplayer, Halo would not exist as a stand alone campaign game. Multiplayer is much higher on the priority lists because it is the longevity of the game. Majority of people play campaign maybe once or twice then on to multiplayer for the remainder of the games life.

It's clearly more important to them, and that's the problem. I spent $60 knowing that I wouldn't even touch multiplayer until I was satisfied with what I had done in the campaigns, as I know others do. It's absurd that 343 is so willing to dismiss the gamers like myself even though we paid just as much money as everyone else who haven't even played a single mission.
I don't think for a hot second that is at all the case. 343i knows the messed up on the release of this game and they are scrambling to get things fixed. The problems that are the most game breaking and effect the largest population of the community are the ones that will be dealt with first. I highly doubt that they are ignoring us, they just have so many problems that it is hard to take care of every singe one at the same time.

I don't think for a hot second that is at all the case. 343i knows the messed up on the release of this game and they are scrambling to get things fixed. The problems that are the most game breaking and effect the largest population of the community are the ones that will be dealt with first. I highly doubt that they are ignoring us, they just have so many problems that it is hard to take care of every singe one at the same time.
Their actions state otherwise. I'm not expecting them to fix it all at once, I'm saying when you have such a disproportionate amount of "fixes" for multiplayer and nearly none for a nearly unplayable campaign, you are neglecting a portion of your clientele. Just saying.
Campaign is not what keeps Halo around, multiplayer is what keeps the game going. Without multiplayer, Halo would not exist as a stand alone campaign game. Multiplayer is much higher on the priority lists because it is the longevity of the game. Majority of people play campaign maybe once or twice then on to multiplayer for the remainder of the games life.
That isn't point. Any idiot knows MM is what gives the game any significant longevity. What I'm saying is that they released a disturbingly flawed game and they need to be fixing ALL aspects of the faulty product, not just one part of it, as they have been.

the same problem here:
Even though every level in Halo 4 displays that I've beaten it on Legendary, The achievement tracker (both in game and the achievement app) still says I have one level unfinished.

when I played a mission in halo 4 on legendary never pop up an achievement. And the most important always says the tracker that I played in coop game and don't. I always played in solo one control

That isn't point. Any idiot knows MM is what gives the game any significant longevity. What I'm saying is that they released a disturbingly flawed game and they need to be fixing ALL aspects of the faulty product, not just one part of it, as they have been.
They WILL fix campaign, just not until MM is fixed. Need to provide for the masses first, then the minority second.

They WILL fix campaign, just not until MM is fixed. Need to provide for the masses first, then the minority second.
Who says the majority are not playing campaign? Given that the title almost certainly sold 100,000+ copies, and that they can't get matchmaking to work, I suspect that there are a very noisy minority who are trying to play matchmaking, and a very large majority who are just going to dump the game because it doesn't work in campaign.