Skip to main content
I'm currently experiencing an issue where I cannot seem to get voice chat to work on my end. I can hear other players talking, although my mic doesn't seem to be getting detected. Things I have tried and further info:

- I know "V" is push to talk.
- I have tried updating my mic firmware
- I have set all audio input settings (on all apps) to default to my mic
- I have tried using the Xbox Game Bar, and set settings through that as well (someone on reddit suggested this)
- I have attempted to unplug and plug back in the headset while running the game (this is where things get a little odd)

When I attempt the last step on the list, I experience an instance screen freeze, which I have to then force close the game through task manager, not even alt+F4 works at this point. I thought maybe some of my mic's software was conflicting with the game's anti-cheat, so I closed out of all 3rd party software on my PC and just ran the game, while using my mic. I still experienced the same crash while doing this though.

The mic is a "Steel Series Arctis Pro 7" (the wired variant with the game dac). I'm not sure if this issue is only effecting certain headsets, or what the issue is, but I haven't seen anyone give proper specs with their bug reports, so here it is. Hopefully this can get fixed soon. Thanks for your time.
Same here it is dumb others can talk I can not

This post has been hidden.

I am using a controller and it does now allow me to talk....this sucks.
I have the same issue...and I'm also using an Arctis Pro. I hope it's not something with the headset. But idk why it would be, I can talk just fine on discord.
Same issue for me using a blue yeti. Went through everything and still no in game VOIP. Works fine on discord and windows.
I have the same issue and am losing many more games than I should be, simply because of having zero communication with team.
I have game audio in my headset but when ever someone talks in gamechat it comes through my monitor. Like y
I had the same issue and solved it. For me my mic wasn't properly set as the default communication device even though it looked like it was and worked in other apps.

Go to the sound control panel where you can manage the devices, select your mic and clicked the drop down next to set as default and make sure both options are set.
icy3icy wrote:
I had the same issue and solved it. For me my mic wasn't properly set as the default communication device even though it looked like it was and worked in other apps.

Go to the sound control panel where you can manage the devices, select your mic and clicked the drop down next to set as default and make sure both options are set.
Yes I can confirm this did work for me as well, i am fairly certain its the xbox game bar thats doing it as well.

Was playing fine on halo wars 2, gears 4&5, and sea of thieves but after i downloaded the game bar and xbox pass beta my mic has been messing up.