So I beat the Master Chief Saga playlist and it said for some reason I didn't do The Maw and Heretic and had 44/46 in the playlist done. Which makes no sense as you can't get through the whole thing without doing those but whatever. So I go all the way back through CE and the beginning of 2 in the playlist and am now at 46/46. This happened 3 hours ago and still no achievement pop up. what's going on?
Did you do it co-op?
I did do it co op.

This post has been hidden.

Did you do it co-op?
Yes I did.
Unfortunately, The Heretic and The Armory from Halo 2 are not playable on co-op and are automatically skipped on any playlist that has them without warning. In the 2 crossgame playlists that contain them it seems to give credit for the Armory but not The Maw or The Heretic. Even more unfortunate is the way that playlists seem to check for completion. Even if you play back through Halo CE, complete The Maw and The Heretic solo, it will not trigger the "check". The check seems to only happen when you beat the last level of the playlist. I recently made a post about this when I didnt recieve the back for more achievement after completing Halo 2 LASO: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/psa-playlists-on-co-op-laso/b43747ff-e644-47fd-b4c5-6d8685111d95/posts?page=1#post2
Unfortunately, The Heretic and The Armory from Halo 2 are not playable on co-op and are automatically skipped on any playlist that has them without warning. In the 2 crossgame playlists that contain them it seems to give credit for the Armory but not The Maw or The Heretic. Even more unfortunate is the way that playlists seem to check for completion. Even if you play back through Halo CE, complete The Maw and The Heretic solo, it will not trigger the "check". The check seems to only happen when you beat the last level of the playlist. I recently made a post about this when I didnt recieve the back for more achievement after completing Halo 2 LASO: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/psa-playlists-on-co-op-laso/b43747ff-e644-47fd-b4c5-6d8685111d95/posts?page=1#post2
So would Xbox support not do anything to give me the achievement if I contacted them despite earning the right?
inFINN1te wrote:
So would Xbox support not do anything to give me the achievement if I contacted them despite earning the right?
I seriously doubt it, but you can try. To me, it's not a glitch so much as it is a design flaw. The playlist achievements do unlock... You just have to do it the way they designed it, even if it is a really bad design. I didn't try contacting xbox, rather, I messaged someone from 343 directly. He said "they were looking into it on their end", which they very well may be. But that answer was just generic enough that I decided to try and resolve it myself in the meantime.
Hey guys, what ended up happening for you?
Did you replay the whole playlist?
Did you play up until that the end of the cinematic missions on solo and then find someone with the checkpoint for the last mission again?
Kancer On XBL
inFINN1te
This also has just happened for me where it says the maw and heretic are incomplete .. completed the whole playlist and had 44/46 also.

Played the playlist again and completed CE and the made it into H2.. it didn't count and I would also note that I played out the whole cutscene after the maw just to be sure and the game black-screened after that. I still was able to use the Xbox so it hadn't completed crashed, so had to re-launch the game with still no success.. I believe
Kancer On XBL said the checks happen once finishing the last mission of a playlist so I suppose I have 3 more campaigns ahead of me again...