1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I’m currently experiencing a weird bug that won’t let me load the MCC main menu.

I’ve never experienced this with MCC before, and I only starting having the issue 2 or 3 days ago (around about the 10th of June 2019).

I open the game to the prompt asking me to “PRESS MENU BUTTON”. I press the button, then the game switches to the loading ring. However, at seemingly random times this causes my game to freeze and crash!

Sometimes (if I’m lucky) the game loads and the main menu UI appears, but most of the time it just freezes then crashes.

I’m setting a distress beacon, I NEED HELP!
Yup I’ve also been experiencing this identical issue, right around the same time you mentioned as well. I first noticed it a couple nights ago. Sometimes my game will load successfully, and then other times it freezes just like you said after hitting the start button. I thought it was maybe due to some checkpoint save glitch I had with one of my playlists, but this may be a deeper issue with the game itself. Time will tell
lil proPhitt, Interesting that you should mention 'playlists'. I also was/am doing 'campaign playlists'. Seems likely this is somehow connected to the MENU glitch.
I’ve actually had this exact same issue you mentioned but for MONTHS now, it doesn’t happen every time I load in but when it does it gets really annoying. What I usually do is try again over and over until eventually it doesn’t crash when it loads and then I could start playing.
BIG Exploder, It’s nice, but also worrying to know that this bug has been around for a while.

Fizzico has also posted about this bug. From what I could gather I thought this might have only been a recent thing.

Therefore, you saying it’s been around for at least a MONTH is troubling.

Personally, I’ve had to had to HARD REBOOT my XBONE on some occasions, if the menu UI won’t load.
I have personally only run into this issue the past couple of days, but it is annoyingly consistent. It happens when starting the game up fresh and usually is only fixed when I restart the console, and sometimes that has not worked either. I have an Xbox One S but have heard this happening on the X as well. I notice every time it does work and load the menu, though, the "syncing data" xbox process goes on and I only mention that because it never used to always do it when starting MCC.
I have also begun to run into this issue. I am currently playing on the X, and it is quickly becoming the bane of my existence. I have done a few tests and have yet to find a consistent correlation between my activity on MCC before I launch the game from the Xbox menu, which i find to be strange.

The only ~relatively~ useful workaround I can find to have it stop crashing is to wait for a good 2 minutes at the main MCC screen before the main menu UI appears, like where it says “press menu button” and even then that isn’t 100% consistent.

343, get it together. Please. The hell with Reach, as bad as I want that I want all this other nonsense figured out first. Jesus Christ.
Been having the same issue for about a week. Press the menu button and it freezes up.
FATMAN192 wrote:
BIG Exploder, It’s nice, but also worrying to know that this bug has been around for a while.

Fizzico has also posted about this bug. From what I could gather I thought this might have only been a recent thing.

Therefore, you saying it’s been around for at least a MONTH is troubling.

Personally, I’ve had to had to HARD REBOOT my XBONE on some occasions, if the menu UI won’t load.
I will confirm its been happening for months for me as well and also since March for a guy I play online with from Belgium, been happening to me since May 1st update rolled out, doesnt matter if I load it up with the disc or not. Also been having the playlist issue for same length of time
Yep lots of people have been experiencing this. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. I know no work around or fixes unfortunately
Hayabusa wrote:
Been having the same issue for about a week. Press the menu button and it freezes up.
Been having this problem for two weeks, consistantly.
Update: I am able to switch between games without the game crashing now. I will keep testing to see if it's consistent.
Update: I am able to switch between games without the game crashing now. I will keep testing to see if it's consistent.
Nope still broken
The fix for this is to delete your save game data. Which is different than uninstalling the game. Let me know if it works for you as it did for me.
Never knew there was a forum for this! I thought it was my disc! Nice to know I'm not the only person with this issue! Happened to me last night for like the 30th time
So after it working for awhile it did it again, unfortunately. Leading me to try this solution:
Hayabusa wrote:
The fix for this is to delete your save game data. Which is different than uninstalling the game. Let me know if it works for you as it did for me.
Deleted save data from console only, booted game, save data loaded then the game did the freeze. Restarted console, re-launched MCC, and it did not freeze, so I closed the app, launched another game, then re-launched MCC yet again to test, game still froze. So this solution did not work for me. Unless you meant deleting the save data from everywhere worked, which I presume means completely erasing your progress and starting from scratch, something I am not willing to do and would rather just put up with restarting console every time. Let me know if I am missing something.
I’ve just run into this glitch for the first time today—I’ve tried removing and reloading my account, resetting my Xbox, switching apps, etc. Nothing seems to work.
I have the same problem i tried to reset my xbox, install the game again and it does'n works.
I hope that this problem get fix soon
Very interesting bug. Ive been playing MCC for the past few years on both the original Xbox one console and now on my Xbox one X which ive been playing MCC on for the past 2 years. All of a sudden im now experiencing this glitch and not just at the menu, during solo campaign games as well!!! I notice it happens more when im using the remastered graphics on Halo CE or Halo 2 the go into a loud BZZZZZ state and then my Xbox SHUTS OFF! the first time it happened it frightened me but i started it back up and went to the same spot where it happened and BOOM! Did it again! So i then loaded that mission up a third time. Assault on the control room on Halo CE. So both times i would go under the high rise bridge outside it crashed, this time i stayed up top and went across the bridge and i was okay, such a strange experience from a game ive been playing for literally years.
Very interesting bug. Ive been playing MCC for the past few years on both the original Xbox one console and now on my Xbox one X which ive been playing MCC on for the past 2 years. All of a sudden im now experiencing this glitch and not just at the menu, during solo campaign games as well!!! I notice it happens more when im using the remastered graphics on Halo CE or Halo 2 the go into a loud BZZZZZ state and then my Xbox SHUTS OFF! the first time it happened it frightened me but i started it back up and went to the same spot where it happened and BOOM! Did it again! So i then loaded that mission up a third time. Assault on the control room on Halo CE. So both times i would go under the high rise bridge outside it crashed, this time i stayed up top and went across the bridge and i was okay, such a strange experience from a game ive been playing for literally years.
Yep I’ve had the console shut itself off as well but thankfully only a few times. And I know at least one of the times was on a halo 1 loading screen.
Strangely enough I’ve been able to play the game without it menu crashing for a little while now. But I don’t for a second believe it is fixed because one time I had it be ok for a while and then revert to the crashing and freezing. So especially with still seemingly zero official 343 input no way I’m believing this problem is gone.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3