1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Here’s another one with the same bug. For some time now. Weird crashes that fully shut’s down after opening a campaign mission. Xbox one X from the Netherlands.

Edit:
Immediate full crash after second AND third reboot. Just trying to play ‘Two Betrayals’....
343 are you kidding me?

Edit:
fourth immediate crash after restarting the whole mission. Gonna try ‘Keys’ now, but I have no hope for the current state of the game.
The unfortunate nature of this glitch is it manifests in is many different ways and no holistic solution seems to exist. So I know someone above said “this is a fix” but that’s someone who has issues with individual levels while I along with many others was experiencing main menu crashes. I definitely did have the crashes during CE loading screens and the ones that shut off my console and this issue just goes away and comes back repeatedly. Right now I’ve been crash free for a while but I have no idea why.
I've the same problem but impossible to contact 343 industries for that ? It's a big problem. We must launch the game 7 or 8 times before this one wants to work correctly.
Hey there this error has only just popped up for me and, it is getting really frustrating as halo reach is about to launch on mcc. I have noticed this freezing problem came up 4 months ago and still has not been fixed by look of it, so please 343 fix it
<p></p> this started happening to me last night and i read a couple of people where doing campaign playlist I was as well.
Me as well
I have this problem too. I assume it is because reach has been released, but I hope it will be fixed soon.
Can I join the club? Same issue.

Pretty embarrassing that after six months, we haven't heard a thing from 343.
Please fix this bug! I can’t even start the damn game. Kinda ridiculous guys.
Me too, im from Brazil, downloaded the game last night and after press menu to play the game freeze, only the music continues to play.
Downloaded the update, can't play the game anymore. I've never seen it in 30 years, it's shameful.
Same here, was looking forward to playing the newest Reach update. Sad to say all I've gotten is a frozen start menu
So not sure if this has been said but since 343 aren’t bothering to resolve the issue I’ve done a large amount of testing and troubleshooting myself.

Ive managed to pin the issue to some form of account based problem. No matter what I do on my main account I cannot get past the start menu crash.

I decided to log onto a friends account on my Xbox which has been having the issue and I go though the start menu perfectly fine without a single crash.

It seems to me that my account is having a problem with accessing the game, but the installation and game itself is fine. This may mean it’s a Microsoft issue along with 343, just hope it gets resolved soon.

Hope this helps with finding a more solid work around or full solution for the future but for now I’m just gonna play on an account which isn’t my main.
No fix still? I can’t even get it to go through once , sad days
This is so annoying, I want to play reach so bad but this keeps happening to me. I haven't seen the menu after the "Press To Start" prompt yet and I've rebooted the game and my console close to 30 times. I even redownloaded the game from my old disc copy. 343, why is this game still broken? This collection should have never come out if you are treating halo fans like this. The crappy part about all of this is they won't do anything because they need to focus on the PC port because that's where they are making all their money.
I think I might of figured it out, once it freezes on the menu just wait 4-5 mins and it will load through to the game
I think I might if figured it out, once it freezes on the menu just wait 4-5 mins and it will load through to the game
Took me a good 15-20 min of waiting but I finally got through, thanks.
Don't make me believe they don't have the budget to pay testers before sending an update... It's unpeakable.
iCullenn wrote:
So not sure if this has been said but since 343 aren’t bothering to resolve the issue I’ve done a large amount of testing and troubleshooting myself.

Ive managed to pin the issue to some form of account based problem. No matter what I do on my main account I cannot get past the start menu crash.

I decided to log onto a friends account on my Xbox which has been having the issue and I go though the start menu perfectly fine without a single crash.

It seems to me that my account is having a problem with accessing the game, but the installation and game itself is fine. This may mean it’s a Microsoft issue along with 343, just hope it gets resolved soon.

Hope this helps with finding a more solid work around or full solution for the future but for now I’m just gonna play on an account which isn’t my main.
I want to say your answer is the most likely. I notice the freeze happens as my custom settings are being loaded (I.e brightness) and that it has also happened after the “syncing data”. I tried deleting and reinstalling my save data unfortunately this did not work. Hopefully 343 addresses this at some point. Only answer I see is it has something to do with Xbox preview program and that is not a holistic solution.
I am having the same issue, I had mcc since release and it worked fine then, I came back for reach and cant get passed the main menu load circle. How has 343 not fixed this in the months people have said this is going on.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3