2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11
I think it's safe to say that this is NEVER gonna be fixed!!!
So I recently discovered this God-forsaken glitch today playing MCC. For me, it happened in the UNSC playlist, and I got sent back to Pillar of Autumn when I tried to resume Dawn. Like most of you, I googled it to figure out a solution, and now I find out that this has been happening for over two years without being fixed! I've been playing Halo for years, but I finally decided to make an account today to join this thread. Does 343 even monitor MCC anymore? You'd think a video game company would try to get their release working before abandoning it, not leave it broken after 2 years.
Exact same thing as the OP happened to me today.
Master Chief saga won't continue from the armory, kicks me back to Halo.

Went online to find a solution and instead I see it's happened to lots of people and there is no fix in sight.

I'm not being a hater, I am honestly disappointed by this 343.
more than 2 years and this glitch still exists, :( i'm so disappointed about 343 industries. I had completed halo 1 and 2 in the master chief saga and it restarted in sierra 117 ☹☹☹
None of the cross game playlists seem to work.
Halokid003 wrote:
None of the cross game playlists seem to work.
I can confirm this as well - I've currently completed 12/16 of the cross-game playlists, and every single one has failed to save and keep the checkpoint for the level that I was on. You can tell at the Postgame Carnage screen after each level if it will work - if it shows the incorrect upcoming level in the "Next Level" picture, then you cannot quit out of the playlist or you will lose your save - and this happened to me in every playlist so far, without any exceptions. The only way to guarantee you complete it is to do the entire playlist without saving and quitting the game at any point. I still have to do the Master Chief Saga playlist and I'm thinking of just leaving my Xbox One on overnight so I don't risk losing my save.
does going offline while doing the playlist work?
Same glitch happened to me. Please fix Microsoft game studios!
I don't have a solution to restore your lost progress but I do have a helpful suggestion for not losing your playlist progress. I recently completed every single playlist, including "The Legendary Master Chief Saga", and I can confirm that only some of the missions will reset your progress. Like everyone else on this thread I too have had my progress rest for saving and quiting on certain levels. I too have experienced the frustration over this bug and had to virtually restart some of these playlists from the beginning. From what I've read posted here, and from my own personal experience playing "The Legendary Master Chief Saga", I can confirm that you can save and quit on every level EXCEPT the following: the Pillar of Autumn, Armory, Cairo Station, Outskirts, Sierra 117, and Dawn. These are the only levels that I never quit while playing on for any reason. Every other level should be safe for you to save on. I haven't tested all these levels myself to be certain - only Pillar of Autumn and Armory - but since many people complained that they got reset on the others, I would avoid quitting on those levels just to be safe. This worked for me and, hopefully, it should work for you. Again, I cannot offer anything that will restore your lost progress, but I can offer this advice to save you the headache and frustration of having to start all over. I hope this helps you all in some way. :)

Note: This advice is mainly for the two Master Chief Saga playlists. I completed every other cross-game playlist in one sitting each and can't confirm if my advice works on those playlists too.
I don't have a solution to restore your lost progress but I do have a helpful suggestion for not losing your playlist progress. I recently completed every single playlist, including "The Legendary Master Chief Saga", and I can confirm that only some of the missions will reset your progress. Like everyone else on this thread I too have had my progress rest for saving and quiting on certain levels. I too have experienced the frustration over this bug and had to virtually restart some of these playlists from the beginning. From what I've read posted here, and from my own personal experience playing "The Legendary Master Chief Saga", I can confirm that you can save and quit on every level EXCEPT the following: the Pillar of Autumn, Armory, Cairo Station, Outskirts, Sierra 117, and Dawn. These are the only levels that I never quit while playing on for any reason. Every other level should be safe for you to save on. I haven't tested all these levels myself to be certain - only Pillar of Autumn and Armory - but since many people complained that they got reset on the others, I would avoid quitting on those levels just to be safe. This worked for me and, hopefully, it should work for you. Again, I cannot offer anything that will restore your lost progress, but I can offer this advice to save you the headache and frustration of having to start all over. I hope this helps you all in some way. :)

Note: This advice is mainly for the two Master Chief Saga playlists. I completed every other cross-game playlist in one sitting each and can't confirm if my advice works on those playlists too.
Holy crap thanks!!!
Well, I would like my progress back if they ever decide to fix this terrible glitch
Happened to me today. Between here and Reddit, this problem has continues to be brought up and ignored. What gives 343? You are on both prevalently, this is brutal and cannot be that difficult to fix
Just happend to me right now.. Im disgusting. I leave during the Armory mission (Halo 2) and my reset pull me back to the Halo mission (Halo CE), like the others.. no solution, except patience to make it again. Amazing! 5-6 hours lost ^^
Let's be honest, At this point, 343 has just cut their losses with MCC and moved on.
Can confirm that this bug is STILL present and in effect even when offline. I took my Xbox to a hotel this weekend because I knew I'd have a lot of down time between conferences and had an itch to play through the Halo games. Started the Master Chief Saga Playlist. Just beat Halo CE this morning so I saved and quit at the start of Armory in Halo 2A. I get back later to pick up and sure enough it loads up Halo from CE. Now I understand all the hate 343 took from MCC as this is fortunately the only frustatingly game (playlist?) breaking big I've encountered but it goes to show that MCC was and still is a mess.
I can confirm this also, 343 please fix this buggy -Yoink- game, it's ridiculous that this bug still persists 3 years later i reached the 2nd level of Halo 3, and when i go to resume, it loads me into the 2nd mission of Halo CE
Welp back to halo 2 laso cairo station.....
Ignoring the horrific glitches that break the game like this one? these should have been one of the first to fix. I was trying to maintain my achievement streak so i went out and got one of the easy achievements and went back and it loaded up halo ce level 2 (halo) and i am supposed to be on armory in halo 2. Ill restart the playlist but if this happens again im abandoning MCC.
Here it is 2017 ..I got through all the missions up to the dawn i quit and saved and now when i try to resume it starts me at the halo mission..bug still not fixed!!!!
Just had this glitch happen to me for the Jungle cross-over playlist. What a shame.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11