Major Bug: Playlists Reset to the First Mission

OP Gamer Bhoy 89

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. ...
  6. 9
its disheartening to know that 343 doesn't care about this game, and that they don't really listen to responses regarding it, there are seriously a metric -Yoink- ton of issues and bugs that have been around SINCE 2014 that have YET to be fixed, patched, or even aknowledged
same here im 36/45 and it makes me start at 2/45 this is ridicules...SMH!!!!
The Master Chief Collection is the gaming version of the Valley of Unhappiness.

I've had this same problem for months now, and it doesn't look to being fixed anytime soon. But that goes for every problem the game has, so yeah.
I just came to complain about 4 mission cross playlist reset... But holy hell. 36/45? That is brutal!
343 why do you hate us? Two -Yoinking!- years they could not patch this?!

Spread this bug news far and wide everywhere.
TRON0314 wrote:
I just came to complain about 4 mission cross playlist reset... But holy hell. 36/45? That is brutal!
343 why do you hate us? Two -Yoinking!- years they could not patch this?!

Spread this bug news far and wide everywhere.
they probably don't give a -Yoink- about MCC anymore, to even maintain it, unlike other developers such as bungie, who release hotfixes every other month on Destiny.
I don't have a solution to restore your lost progress but I do have a helpful suggestion for not losing your playlist progress. I recently completed every single playlist, including "The Legendary Master Chief Saga", and I can confirm that only some of the missions will reset your progress. Like everyone else on this thread I too have had my progress rest for saving and quiting on certain levels. I too have experienced the frustration over this bug and had to virtually restart some of these playlists from the beginning. From what I've read posted here, and from my own personal experience playing "The Legendary Master Chief Saga", I can confirm that you can save and quit on every level EXCEPT the following: the Pillar of Autumn, Armory, Cairo Station, Outskirts, Sierra 117, and Dawn. These are the only levels that I never quit while playing on for any reason. Every other level should be safe for you to save on. I haven't tested all these levels myself to be certain - only Pillar of Autumn and Armory - but since many people complained that they got reset on the others, I would avoid quitting on those levels just to be safe. This worked for me and, hopefully, it should work for you. Again, I cannot offer anything that will restore your lost progress, but I can offer this advice to save you the headache and frustration of having to start all over. I hope this helps you all in some way. :)

Note: This advice is mainly for the two Master Chief Saga playlists. I completed every other cross-game playlist in one sitting each and can't confirm if my advice works on those playlists too.
The mission Gravemind gave me the same problem also, so you might as well add that to the list.
the ark mission is bugged too, it deleted the playlist progress
How has this not been fixed.. How do they expect to make any headway if they just screw over their entire fanbase with this game.. just happened to me too.. set back to 2/45 even though it shows 11/45 complete..
Fearing wrote:
I don't have a solution to restore your lost progress but I do have a helpful suggestion for not losing your playlist progress. I recently completed every single playlist, including "The Legendary Master Chief Saga", and I can confirm that only some of the missions will reset your progress. Like everyone else on this thread I too have had my progress rest for saving and quiting on certain levels. I too have experienced the frustration over this bug and had to virtually restart some of these playlists from the beginning. From what I've read posted here, and from my own personal experience playing "The Legendary Master Chief Saga", I can confirm that you can save and quit on every level EXCEPT the following: the Pillar of Autumn, Armory, Cairo Station, Outskirts, Sierra 117, and Dawn. These are the only levels that I never quit while playing on for any reason. Every other level should be safe for you to save on. I haven't tested all these levels myself to be certain - only Pillar of Autumn and Armory - but since many people complained that they got reset on the others, I would avoid quitting on those levels just to be safe. This worked for me and, hopefully, it should work for you. Again, I cannot offer anything that will restore your lost progress, but I can offer this advice to save you the headache and frustration of having to start all over. I hope this helps you all in some way. :)

Note: This advice is mainly for the two Master Chief Saga playlists. I completed every other cross-game playlist in one sitting each and can't confirm if my advice works on those playlists too.
The mission Gravemind gave me the same problem also, so you might as well add that to the list.
Really? I'm sorry to hear that. I suppose my theory doesn't necessarily work for everyone. I never had any issues on Gravemind so I assumed it wouldn't have been a problem for anyone else.
I decided to come back to this game to finish the Saga. I just started Halo 4... Loaded it up aaand wants to start Pillar Autumn. I am going to scream.
I reached the mission Dawn and it broke, sending me back to Halo:CE, mission 2 "Halo".

It's pathetic.
Xbox DVR

I finished the Halo 3 LASO Playlist with a friend hosting, everyone got the achievement except for me. Please don't tell me I'm screwed and going to have to start all over again. Video explains everything. :/
It's now 2017 and 36 missions into the 45 mission playlist (The Master Chief Saga) and it glitches. Well done 343 you have succeeded in killing halo for me! Never again will I buy a game developed by you! You have wasted so much of my time and have done nothing to fix this issue.

Thank god Destiny 2 comes out in 28.5hrs
Played the "Freedom of flight" playlist and it glitched on the last mission.
Three years later playlists are still glitching.
Well, either at 343 are dishonest, or incompetent, I am putting Halo on freeze till they are gone (and the bugs fixed).
Xbox DVR

I finished the Halo 3 LASO Playlist with a friend hosting, everyone got the achievement except for me. Please don't tell me I'm screwed and going to have to start all over again. Video explains everything. :/
The same thing happend to me : https://ibb.co/d5669Q
I've had the same issue. except it doesn't matter where I am in the campaign. It will just restart the whole playlist.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. ...
  6. 9