Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Matchmaking broke after Dash Update -ATTENTION 343

OP The Bronx Bull

Throughout the month of October and up until the NXE update, I had been playing Master Chief Collection consistently without many issues. Some bugs and dropped games here and there, but you could consistently find matches in Team Slayer, Team Snipers, Halo 2 Classic, etc. You could sit down to play for two hours and find games within a minute or two of each other, even after Halo 5 was released (which would have stolen some of the population).

Then the Xbox NXE update hits. Correlation doesn't equal causation, but it seems as though right after the update, I was unable to find any games at all, so I turned my Xbox off. Well it's been a couple of weeks now, and I'm still in the same boat. I can let it search for ~20 minutes and it might find *ONE* match to play, and then nothing after that.

The screen continually says "Searching for Players.." "Players found..." and then loops around without any players showing up in the lobby.

This is particularly frustrating because most of the Halo forums are only focused on Halo 5, which I have zero interest in - particularly after 343 provides zero or close to zero support for their existing product. I do believe Master Chief Collection has its own unique population of players that are not interested in Halo 5, and I believe those players are dedicated enough to the older-style gameplay (Halo 2, 3) to make the game relevant for several years. That said, I'm worried that this latest set of matchmaking search issues will decimate the population that is remaining. It has been nothing short of frustrating for the past week and a half to not find games within a twenty minute search period, and it is even more infuriating that there's nothing you can do about it. In short, I do not believe this is a population problem.

What is going on? 343 - can anyone from your company at least acknowledge the problem?