Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

[Locked] MCC China Version "Rock and Coil Hit Back" bugged

OP EDDS

Hi, I hope this gets through to the team responsible for the Chinese version of MCC as it currently has a bugged achievement, "Rock and Coil Hit Back" which is the achievement for getting 100 environmentalist kills.

Myself and a few other dedicated Halo achievement hunters have not been able to get this achievement to count any of our environmentalist medals.

We've tried in both the ranked 2v2 playlist and in the social 4v4 slayer playlist, using the stalactites and fusion coils on both Stonetown and Lockout in H2A, no matter what we do the counter does not go up either in the in game tracker menu or when looking via the achievements app.

I've checked the in game medal count for my environmentalist medals and I have over 150 and it has not unlocked.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a204677/rock-and-coil-hit-back-achievement.htm

There are a few other achievements that appear to be bugged in the China version like "Legend" "Hero" and "Who Needs Them" but I'm sure we can find workarounds for these, if not i'll update this post.

I hope this can be resolved as a lot of time, effort and money has gone into obtaining every Halo achievement in existence.

Kind Regards
Hoping this gets solved too. As well, I have over 100 Environmentalist medals and absolutely no progress shows towards the "Rock and Coil Hit Back" achievement.
I hope this gets fixed soon for your sake. Your dedication to Halo achievements is amazing.

As can be seen on the TrueAchievements page for Halo MCC (China), no one has unlocked those 4 achievements, Since you both did all LASO Campaigns together, you both should have had Hero and Legend. What are your ideas of workarounds? I've read that some people have gotten an unlock by replaying missions on Easy, if in-game it already says you've completed the mission on Legendary. But that's for the standard Halo MCC.

Have you tried the old disc workaround for Who Needs Them? Basically you have to delete all of Halo MCC (or at least back it up to external HDD and remove it), then play offline using the disc. That was necessary for regular Halo MCC for awhile, until a fix in mid-October. But I fear that the bad code was placed on the Chinese disc. It may be impossible to workaround. It sounds like Chinese Halo MCC needs the same patch standard Halo MCC got in October.

Good luck.

Edit: Sent this tweet in hopes of leading to action.
Thanks MathGuy

I've not attempted any of my theoretical workarounds yet but my idea's are the same as yours, removing data and playing offline unpatched (obviously won't work for environmentalists). I'm pretty sure when I first installed the Chinese version it did download a patch too, if not then the base game will be using the patched version of the English game that broke the "Who Needs Them" achievement.

We've semi confirmed Quarantine Zone is the problem mission for the "Hero" achievement by playing through Halo 2 again on legendary co op but with myself using an alternate gold account and keeping track of the progress counter in the Windows 10 Xbox app.

I say semi confirmed because it could be a fluke and be random for any mission so me and Trap plan to go through it again with another alternate account, if it doesn't count for another separate account I'm pretty certain this mission is the problem.

We have already tried playing co op on every difficulty again through the mission.

Things on the to do list for this achievement are:

Play Solo on each difficulty.
Play Solo on each difficulty unpatched
Play local co op on each difficulty
Play local co op on each difficulty unpatched

As for "Legend", the plan is to try and identify the problem mission in the same way we did for the "Hero" achievement and try the same possible resolutions.

Finally with regards to "Who Needs Them" I'm hoping playing unpatched works for that.

Thanks for your support, I have just re tweeted your tweet :)
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Still no one on TA has unlocked any of these 4. I assume they are still broken. Please fix them, 343.
Yep, still broken!

We've confirmed Quarantine Zone is the problem level for the Hero achievement, we have tried playing it patched co op, patched solo, unpatched solo. could prob do with testing it unpatched local co op as well.

We've also been testing the legend achievement on/off but haven't found the problem level yet.

Would be nice if these could get fixed but I'm doubtful at this point. I'd also be interested to know which development studio was tasked with creating this alternate version of the game as it'll most likely be them fixing it if it ever does get fixed.
343 has a new Community Manager, Brian Jarrad @ske7ch. He asked via Twitter if we had any questions for this Friday's Community Update. I sent this tweet, asking if the broken achievements in Halo MCC Chinese and Halo: Spartan Assault (iOS) would be fixed. Feel free to Retweet or send your own question.
MathGuy42 wrote:
343 has a new Community Manager, Brian Jarrad @ske7ch. He asked via Twitter if we had any questions for this Friday's Community Update. I sent this tweet, asking if the broken achievements in Halo MCC Chinese and Halo: Spartan Assault (iOS) would be fixed. Feel free to Retweet or send your own question.
Nice one man, retweeted.
Hey 343, with the news that you are updating and fixing MCC, please fix these broken achievements in the Chinese version, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I really enjoyed getting all achievements in MCC. As a real Halo achievement hunter I'm thinking about getting the Chinese version as well, but the unobtainables withheld me so far. If they are fixed that would be amazing.

In any case I need at least one partner to get the online achievements. If anybody else wants to go for the Chinese version if the unobtainablese are patched and is looking for a partner please send me a pm.
I have a broken LASO ODST achievement/glitch, i have completed the playlist and epilogue is missing and can't only play this part to unlock... all other 3 player who was with me they got the achievement pop ... https://ibb.co/d5669Q
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show