MCC Community Bug List UPDATED 9/7/15

OP Prolific

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
Below is a list of problems I am still experiencing on MCC. If anyone has any other problems to add please post below and I'll add it to the list.

Current Game Status:
Playable and beginning to get better

General Multiplayer

-In Ranked Matchmaking players are able to back out of the pregame lobby without receiving a loss
-If game goes blackscreen the game automatically counts as a loss for all players who went blackscreen
-Glitch where everyone in a party is searching with the exception of one person resulting in infinite search times
-Glitch after backing out of matchmaking where menus get stack on top of each other
-If all players on the opposing team quit immediately before going into the map loading screen you will get stuck in a match vs no one and the game does not end as it should.
-Resuming MCC after a console restart results in infinite search times
-Host Migration feature missing, the result of which is in peer to peer match making games, when the host quits the game ends early
-Leaderboards are broken
-Inability to save and share films
-Player data will sometimes not match resulting in players not being able to play campaign together unless the players restart their builds
-You are able to select locked nameplates and avatars just by pressing 'A' on them
-Some players are still experiencing Rank Resets
-Glitch where players cannot start matchmaking because they are "Downloading Latest Matchmaking Data"

Matchmaking Gametypes
-Team Slayer- H2C Team Slayer on Midship is Plasma Rifle Starts
-In some games of Halo 2 Swat you do not spawn with a magnum secondary
-Halo 4 Slayer and Swat gametypes up to 60 when all other games are up to 50
-Halo 2 Snipers should be unlimited Ammo
-Glitch in H2C where the game will start an FFA instead of a 4v4 gametype.

Halo CE Multiplayer
-Unable to boot players for excessive Betraying
-Games sometimes do not end after all players on the opposing team quit
-Halo CE: The Plasma Cannon (Fuel Rod Cannon) icon is smaller than other weapons where it says "Hold B to pickup"
-Glitch in HaloCE after unsnapping the dashboard where you are no longer able to move or press button in the game

Halo 2 Multiplayer
-Proximity Chat feature missing from Original Halo 2
-Default emblems makes identifying teammates difficult in game
-Game will go blackscreen if multiple people quit out simultaneously even if they are not host resulting in a loss for remaining players

Halo 3 Multiplayer
-After the latest patch some individuals are unable to load Halo 3 maps. FIX: Change your region on your Xbox to a different location then change it back, Halo 3 maps should now load.
-People whose region is set to Sweden cannot load Halo 3 Maps at all
-Team Hardcore Playlist- Missing Halo 3 Entirely likely due to the fact that these maps still need to be transferred from the 360 version of the game
-Default emblems makes identifying teammates difficult in game
-On Citadel leaving top mid toward sniper spawn hugging the pillars you will notice small invisible walls
-Double Reload bug still in game
-Too often Maps will not load resulting in the game failing to start
-Sometimes when a matchmaking game starts it puts all players in the game into a game by themselves
-On Bumper Jumper up and down in the Hornet is right stick, should be RB and LB
-On Bumper Jumper Flipping in the Banshee should be LB not A
-Elephant Turret as Tool of Destruction appears as a very stretched out (deformed) turret in a player's ToD area.

Halo 4 Multiplayer
-Cannot move while viewing the scoreboard
-Perfections do not register in H4

Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer
-Matchmaking Server issues where people will not be able to spawn into the game, often time people on the opposing team will be able to kill you as your player model sits idle
-Rock Textures on Shrine do not load at some map angles most notably when looking from under the opposing teams turret
-Warlord Teleporters nowhere near as smooth as originally Halo 2 Teleporters
-Legacy control scheme does not work
-Gun sounds randomly cut out likely due to netcode
-Cannot move while viewing the scoreboard
-The gamertag of who you were killed by will sometimes not show, happens most often when you are taking damage from multiple individuals
-Sometimes after a game ends the game gets stuck in the end of game scoreboard and fails to go to the postgame lobby

Post Game
-After game has ended players are sent back to the post game screen instead of continuing searching as what was originally intended. Don't be lazy this was how the game was intended to function...FIX IT
- Leaving a post game players will often times be in a lobby by themselves and other players in the party will slowly join in and sometimes will not be able to join in at all often resulting in players having to restart their builds to be able to reconnect to each other again. This takes away from the seamlessness of the game and seems like a really bad coding work-around was used just so keeping parties together "functions". This is unacceptable
-Post game does not display score totals
-There are graphical glitches and random colored pixels in the post game
-New Post game Loading makes it look like the game is frozen, I recommend adding three dots after the loading text
-Lack of Postgame Lobbies

Custom Games
-Join in Progress feature missing
-Max lobby size and close lobby options are missing
-No Online File Browser
-Custom Content limit for Maps and Gametypes is 50 which is far too low for a collection of 4 Games
-H2A- Game types in the temporary history all have generic names and descriptions
-LAN/System-Link Functionality Missing
-Sometimes when lobby host's screen will freeze and will be unable to press any buttons

Halo CE Campaign
-Anniversary graphics have moderate frame rate issues often stuttering from 60fps
-Strange Glitch occurs where non host player is unable to move on their screen but still results in actions on the host xbox
-Cannot start campaign in classic mode

H2 Campaign
-Coop split-screen in playlists- at multiple end of level cut scenes the screen will go white and the game will crash. Known bugged Levels: Metropolis, Regret, Quarantine Zone
-Cannot disable Iron Skull on Legendary Co-op
-Bandana Skull does not give infinite ammo to the energy sword, plasma rifle, plasma pistol, beam rifle, and sentinel beam
-On The Heretic, when opening text appears on classic, that text spills over onto remastered, so we end up seeing both classic and remastered text at the exact same time on remastered
-Online Co-op games will drop mid-game with a connection loss error even tho both players connections are fine
-Cannot Start campaign in classic mode

Campaign Playlists
-Levels skip in the cross-game playlists sometimes and there is no way to go back to the select the level

H3 Campaign
-Some loading zones will randomly trigger frame rate drops from which the game will not recover unless you restart the level

Halo 3 ODST
-Bumper Jumper Pressing LB to do flips in the Banshee does not work, it is press A for some reason. Also affects raising the front of the ghost.

H4 Campaign
-Suffers from severe Framerate issues unable to run at 60 fps...AT ALL. Inconsistent frame rate may result in motion sickness for some players

H2A Forge
-Framerate issues in very basic maps
-Pieces fail to spawn in (it seems like spawn-scripted pieces only cooperate 99% of the time, at random)
-Non-scripted pieces fail to spawn in all rounds of a multiple round game (at least with 8+ players)
-Awash skybox is very dark in the beginning off the match
-Teleporters have no bottom texture
sill no halo 4 playlist
The only activities I've been involved in since launch have been H2A forge and H2A custom games, so I'll try to cover those as best as I can.

H2A Customs:
-Lack of in-game file browser
-Lack of online file browser
-Local file limit of 50 maps, 50 gametypes across the games (what business is it of theirs for how much of our own hard drive space we use?)
-Can't change teams mid game even when game type allows it
-Often cannot select players in the lobby after the game (to promote usually)
-Very difficult to get people in the lobby at all due to random migrations and frequent party crashes
-When a player leaves during the countdown the countdown should be stopped
-If a player's controller dies in the lobby (or only during the countdown?) they automatically are backed-out of the lobby (please confirm)
-Game types in the temporary history all have generic names and descriptions
-When you overwrite an existing game type with changes it changes the name of the game type and the description back to the generic info.

H2A Forge:
-High object count maps fail to load in medium to large lobbies
-Framerate issues in very basic maps
-Performance meter has had no value
-Pieces fail to spawn in (it seems like spawn-scripted pieces only cooperate 99% of the time, at random)
-Non-scripted pieces fail to spawn in all rounds of a multiple round game (at least with 8+ players)
-Awash skybox is very dark in the beginning off the match
Please add this Halo 3 Forge glitch, it completely breaks all Halo 3 Custom Games:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/the-death-of-halo-3-major-bug/6cab4292-49d2-45a1-9cda-085b697847c7/posts
Two I want addressed have to be:

Halo 3

Matchmaking stats still don't update

Halo 4

Lone Wolf Legend Achievement needs fixing - some progress is oddly counting in Co-op instead of Solo.
You must update post with frecuency witch new bugs. Thanks, good work.
Prolific wrote:
Below is a list of problems I am still experiencing on MCC. If anyone has any other problems to add please post below and I'll add it to the list.

Post Game
-After game has ended players are sent back to the post game screen instead of continuing searching as what was originally intended. Don't be lazy this was how the game was intended to function...FIX IT.
- Leaving a post game players will often times be in a lobby by themselves and other players in the party will slowly join in and sometimes will not be able to join in at all often resulting in players having to restart their builds to be able to reconnect to each other again. This takes away from the seamlessness of the game and seems like a really bad coding work-around was used just so keeping parties "function". This is unacceptable.
-Sometimes wrong player is given party leader after post game.
-Post Game Press B to Back Out- Sometimes it takes 5 Seconds before you are able to back out other times it takes 30 Seconds.

This has been doing it since the last patch.
Halo 3: Everyone is in party chat! Even the ones who aren't in party chat at all! (in-game scoreboard shows a party chat icon on everyone even if they aren't in a Xbox Live Party.)
I do not know why nobody is mentioning it, but the framerate is unbelieveable bad in h2a multiplayer and in bigger maps from h4 when playing in splitscreen.
  • Halo 3 directional audio still -Yoinked!-.
  • Still no on/off toggle for menu music
Updated 12/23
Thanks guys keep it up.
In Matchmaking people are not able to load the maps! This appears after the voting screen and results in uneven teams! The game is unplayable since every time you find a match its 4v3 or 5v2.
Halo 4 campaign completion cheevos still not unlocking after completing the campaign on Normal (graphic says 10/10, all completed Normal), resulting in not getting the nameplates for Halo 4 as well.

EDIT: Never seems to fail, they pop when I comment on not getting them although I did have a Halo 3 match end early.
I just tried to party up with a couple friends to play multiplayer and one of two errors would occurr:

1. Game would not start and message "one or more players are not ready to start matchmaking."

2. When we were able to start matchmaking, the game would searching for up to 5 minutes before separating everyone from the party and would be searching for a match alone. Basically it was kicking everyone from the party but still searching for a match.

This was going on for about 15 minutes before we decided to play alone. We restarted halo and our xbox's with no luck of being able to play a game together. We also could not chat with each other in lobby or party chat but unsure of that a halo mcc problem or Xbox problem. Just wanted to post this issue so hopefully it will be addressed!! Playing alone is definitely not as fun!
Halo 4 Multiplayer:

Anytime a Halo 4 map is chosen I am able to play for two minutes and then get stuck in load screen. This is every single time.

I have tried to re-download the game, but that did not work either. Very frustrating.
Quote:
Map not loading in Matchmaking gets you kicked out of the match. This bug has been around for quite a while now and it is resulting in uneven teams as one or more players are not able to load the map after the voting screen!! Every single game one player is not able to load the map this is ridiculous! But however nobody seems to post about this in the forums. 343 please fix this ASAP.
That is the number 1 priority they have to deal with! Otherwise you can't put ranks back online and people just don't want to play anymore after always getting kicked out of the matches!
Since the 12/15 update Halo would often fail to display/recognize my H2A maps, so all I would see is the 6 anniversary maps and the most recently played map as the 7th (no skyboxes). Sometimes I need to restart several times before they are available for me to select.
Campaign scoring counter not appearing on screen. Medals appear but no counter which is problematic.
Halo 3 stats don't update.
1) Part Chat drops after a few minutes of matchmaking. This doesn't happen in other games.
2) We get Spartan Ops before a Halo 4 playlist?
3) Black screen at least once a match. This doesn't happen in other games.
4) Joining others is a 50% success rate
5) Long wait times for matchmaking

MCC is an example of what NOT to do when releasing a new game. It erodes the brand and has put off many a gamers like myself.

PLEASE wait to release Halo 5 until it is truly ready!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15